Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guilty Gear XX Series?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here's one for you. I'll try to make it as mysterious as possible.

You "lose" a friend because of your nobility. One day, he becomes very powerful. You meet with him here and there, and you're always one step behind him. Which game is it?

Save the world (or don't) in one of the 13 endings!

Also staring the best dancing robot ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post

You "lose" a friend because of your nobility. One day, he becomes very powerful. You meet with him here and there, and you're always one step behind him. Which game is it?
    Ma boy, dat is, naturally, Pokemon Red/Blue.

Your rival gets distant from you because of your nobility: it's non-existent. He's mothafuckin' Rival and he's noble as fuck.
    One day - the day he got his starter just to counter you - he got very powerful.
    He's always ahead of you, he got 10/8 badges already while you were at your sixth gym.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude has to kill like 9 bosses to get to the end boss, all 9 bosses have their own stage...the dude can take on the powers of the bosses he kills and sometimes he can ride a robot dog that flies.

Tip: cannon arm

It's a game about the personal journeys of an older man who has survived through the end of the world as we know it by steeling himself against personal connections after his daughter died during the initial outbreak and a young girl who is found to be immune to the contagion that has ravaged the planet. They have to travel from Houston to find a mysterious group that can help find out why the girl is immune and maybe even save mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post

Does the dancing robot sing about having metal joints and how beating him up gets you 15 silver points?

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post

Chrono Trigger

Too easy

Man in dark clothing tries to unravel the mystery of robotic servants gifted to the nobility in his city, along the way working with old foes and taking things that don't really belong to him.
    Last edited by Echnew; 2017-10-20 at 01:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ma boy, dat is, naturally, Pokemon Red/Blue.

Your rival gets distant from you because of your nobility: it's non-existent. He's mothafuckin' Rival and he's noble as fuck.
    One day - the day he got his starter just to counter you - he got very powerful.
    He's always ahead of you, he got 10/8 badges already while you were at your sixth gym.
    Nope, that is as wrong as wrong can be. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Felradin View Post
    It's a game about the personal journeys of an older man who has survived through the end of the world as we know it by steeling himself against personal connections after his daughter died during the initial outbreak and a young girl who is found to be immune to the contagion that has ravaged the planet. They have to travel from Houston to find a mysterious group that can help find out why the girl is immune and maybe even save mankind.
    The Last of Us. Fairly sure of that.

Nobody's been able to guess my last 2, sooo 3rd time's a charm?

Ok, so the vast majority of the game is not 'real', but if you die there, you die for real. You start out trying to solve a massacre of people, along with 2 of your collegues, and then shit gets bent into a pretzel when a teleporting nutcase thinks you need a time-out. And then it goes down-hill.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-10-20 at 01:28 AM.

I feel like adding another, even though no one's mentioned the one I posted at the end of page 5..

Giant creatures are invading the earth and you have to kill them all! ... That's about it. Who needs story when you've got hundreds of varied weapons that may behave very differently and aren't just stat-sticks? If you've ever wanted to level a city block by firing volleys of 30 grenades at once, this is your game! Despite, you know, you're supposedly protecting that city.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I feel like adding another, even though no one's mentioned the one I posted at the end of page 5..

Giant creatures are invading the earth and you have to kill them all! ... That's about it. Who needs story when you've got hundreds of varied weapons that may behave very differently and aren't just stat-sticks? If you've ever wanted to level a city block by firing volleys of 30 grenades at once, this is your game! Despite, you know, you're supposedly protecting that city.
    I haven't personally played it (hopefully some day), but it sounds a lot like Earth Defense Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    FF7? It's very vague otherwise...
    The guy who can turn into a demon is the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Echnew View Post
    I haven't personally played it (hopefully some day), but it sounds a lot like Earth Defense Force.
    It is! Might be repetitive to some but I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is that Demon Gaze? Haven't played it myself but a friend showed me a bit of it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    One of the Persona games?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Final Fantasy Tactics?

You are an amnesiac with dissociative identity disorder. After destroying your hometown while trying to defend it from some foreign soldiers you are banished by the survivors and wander the world, getting into one adventure after another and gradually uncovering the sinister truth about the history of your planet and the people who rule over it. You gain some friends and allies along the way and fall in love with your former enemy.

Hint: Mechs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Final Fantasy Tactics?
    Yep. Ramza and Delita!

1. Its free... now
    2. You can explore the universe
    3. Has a brilliant storyline
    4. Full of wonderful races
    5. A ton of exploring
    6. A simple but fun space ship melee one on one
    7. Every decision you make when interacting with other races effect how things turn out
    8. Resource management
    9. Good for its time but still good graphics
    10. Brilliant sound track

Without doubt my fave game of all time and its a sequel!

Dust! You're a winner!
    Pretty sick that one guy made Dust almost entirely on his own.