Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    got it last night, 1 shotted KJ on heroic

kind of wish it was still harder and not nerfed.... rip to my 2% attempts

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    And this is why I no longer engage in organized raiding.
    Why? I don't see a reason here.

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    got it last night, 1 shotted KJ on heroic

kind of wish it was still harder and not nerfed.... rip to my 2% attempts
    Cutting Edge != AotC.

you have a chance, but you'd have to kill avatar in 2 resets max for that

Deleted
    who asked tho

if you are 7/9 you probably have gear to clear antourus heroic in week 1

I love how people speak as if they know when Antorus is coming out. Sure it's likely it'll be next month but there is nothing concrete yet to assume this other than the "77 day" rule. It very well could be delayed until New Year since devs won't be around to balance classes and hotfix mythic (cause you know it's gonna be needed) during Thanksgiving/Christmas vacation. You may have more time than 5 weeks to clear KJ, especially considering the clear rate of Tomb vs Nighthold, you might see more nerfs soon.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you have a chance, but you'd have to kill avatar in 2 resets max for that
    After actually checking his "nerfs" in practice, all I can say is "good luck with that".

Deleted
    Yea it is. We got FA a week ago, have about 50 pulls on KJ. Now with the nerfs in, I do expect us to get CE but it might be tight. Even though we only raid 7h/week.

We are probably extending as of next week. Still did a clear yesterday, but might be the last one. I got 2 massive trinket upgrades from it, so I can't complain

The Avatar nerfs are irrelevant. If you wipe, it's almost always due to phase 1 shenanigans. Phase 2 isn't even that hard and in phase 2 it's not the dark marks that suck.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-10-19 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    After actually checking his "nerfs" in practice, all I can say is "good luck with that".
    avatar was already pretty easy, the nerf wasnt even needed, it just helps a bit

if they learn how to handle the corrupted beams quickly enough there's no reason for them not to be able to kill him in 2 weeks depending on how much they raid

people do like 300-400k more dps at least than they used to on the first kills, it leaves so much more room for error, even if you get a few beams in you got enough dps to get him to like 25-30% possibly less

10+ Year Old Account

Gear farm is useless. Go all out for it. Tell your guildies that you are all going for it. Give em the Braveheart speech.

I know guilds who are on Maiden that are going for it.

Best case, you will kill it; worst case you won't. But at least it will be solid experience.

Who knows -- maybe they will nerf it again in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

And this is why I no longer share my snotty condescending attitude in threads that do not pertain to my interests.

Deleted
    Depends what your guild wants to do. You could extend your lockout and progress on Kil'Jaeden only, then you may have a chance to kill him before Antorus. If your guild supports this idea, you can do it and you may succeed.

Even with the FA dark mark nerfs I'd say you'd still be looking at about 150ish pulls to kill him.

Not sure about KJ.

We're still working on FA. 120 pulls in. Had a few 10-15% wipes on him. Most of the time we're not even making it to P2 though as if 1 or 2 ppl die in the upstairs phase a wipe is called.

I don't think we'll get CE for this tier. We only raid 2 nights a week.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I love how people speak as if they know when Antorus is coming out. Sure it's likely it'll be next month but there is nothing concrete yet to assume this other than the "77 day" rule. It very well could be delayed until New Year since devs won't be around to balance classes and hotfix mythic (cause you know it's gonna be needed) during Thanksgiving/Christmas vacation. You may have more time than 5 weeks to clear KJ, especially considering the clear rate of Tomb vs Nighthold, you might see more nerfs soon.
    Yeah but the 77 day rule has been correct the entire expansion, it will be just after Blizzcon.

To others -

If your guild is going to kill M Avatar this week, only raids 2 days (7.5h total) would you try for M KJ or simply not worth it (few raiders being over tomb of soakgeras ect)
    Last edited by xcitng; 2017-10-20 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Yeah but the 77 day rule has been correct the entire expansion, it will be just after Blizzcon.

To others -

If your guild is going to kill M Avatar this week, only raids 2 days (7.5h total) would you try for M KJ or simply not worth it (few raiders being over tomb of soakgeras ect)
    It's a damn if you do, damn if you don't scenario.

If you decide to not go for it - some of your best raiders might jump away to guilds that will give them CE. I'm checking wowprogress and I can tell you, there's tons of dps with purple / orange logs and 7/9 or 8/9 who have absolutely no problem finding a 9/9 guild that will adopt them. To the point trying to recruit them into a 8/9 guild that is halfway through KJ is a fool's errand.

If you decide to go for it, you might end up like my old guild in NH, we added extra raids, extended extra hours, all of it so the effort into M Gul'dan doesn't go to waste. We killed it just before CE was removed but the price was massive burnt out, we lost several good players including both of our rogues and few other people and the guild devolved into trying to get into mythic TOS with 16-18 core raiders and socials / backups, it was pretty horrible, and tbh me myself couldn't take it (I'm no longer in that guild).

That's the bane of current tuning, it's a "joke" for top guilds, fine for guilds who settle on 50-70% completion by the time the tier ends (they're happy they could kill Mistress that used to be a "wall" etc.), but extremely tight for guilds "barely good enough to get CE after nerfs" because nerfs come so late there's too little time to chew through 300+ pull bosses. No, you will not learn how to do Avatar beams in 1 evening, otherwise you wouldn't be 7/9 now only way further.

Even guilds that were deep into KJ progress and saw nerfs as a sign to extend... well out of 3 guilds on my server who extended none killed it yet, we'll see by the end of the reset, but nope, it's not trivial even for guilds that already planned tactics around.

It'd be quite challenging to get M-KJ in the remaining time. You're gonna need a really stable roster, which is gonna be challenging when the threat of not finishing is very real.

If Blizzcon wasn't happening the first week of November, Antorus would be out 2 weeks from now. So, thanks to Blizzcon, you've got about 3-4 weeks left. It might be possible but if you don't get it - don't be too disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Bro, the expansion is literally being announced 2 weeks from now and 7.3.2 is available for background download. It's no longer than a month to go, and that's only because Blizzcon is in the way, else it would be sooner. You'd have to be incredibly stupid to think it's gonna be longer than a month.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    avatar was already pretty easy, the nerf wasnt even needed, it just helps a bit

if they learn how to handle the corrupted beams quickly enough there's no reason for them not to be able to kill him in 2 weeks depending on how much they raid

people do like 300-400k more dps at least than they used to on the first kills, it leaves so much more room for error, even if you get a few beams in you got enough dps to get him to like 25-30% possibly less
    The people for whom Avatar is "easy" aren't 7/9M, but the ones who remember his previous incarnations. For someone who just started progressing on him, it's still 5 minutes of soaking, followed by another 2 minutes of soaking, combined with horrible overlaps during 2nd or 3rd shield and people constantly dying to Chaos. Couple leaks won't mean an instant wipe, but there will be a lot more than just a "couple" during progress. Dark Marks are the last thing that causes a wipe and can be solved within several pulls of P2 practice - and I can safely say it didn't help us at all with getting our own kill.

Also, seeing how the patch is already on background downloader, taking 2 more weeks on Avatar leaves almost no time for KJ. I'm not really seeing it, other than burning out raiders because of constant wiping on two difficult bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

I don't think we'll get CE for this tier. We only raid 2 nights a week.
    Not with that attitude! We only raid 2 nights as well and there are 13 2-night guilds with CE atm (of which at least 5 aren't true 2 night guilds). You just gotta believe in it!

The patch will release on 15/11 if they follow the 77 days rule (which hasn't been broken yet this year), it's post Blizzcon as well which allows from them to announce it then.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-10-20 at 09:01 AM.