Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    We don't need new races, just better content.

I don't really think any of this is true.

And Ogre female.... (I think there's none in the game currently). Here's an EXCLUSIVE preview.

I bet she has an awesome Tumblr.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jay come out with incorrect "leaks" several times already? Why would we believe this one?
    You're not wrong. This is 100% made up. Look at who posted it. There are a lot of gullible people out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    They would probably have unique animations for movement, spells and abilities.
    Actually, movement yes, spells and abilities, no. With the latest updates to spell and ability animations, each class has the same animations across classes except for one. So I guess that would actually mean less work on animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Think I'm more inclined to believe the OP than you. Sorry.

He's actually given direct evidence to me in the past about it. All you have is word of mouth which well isn't very reliable now is it?

Might still be in my PM inbox tbh.
    Ah so no actual source?

Gotcha.

It's baseless, and you saying you "believe" your friend isn't exactly encouraging.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-10-20 at 03:12 AM.

When i saw the thread was started by Jaylock i knew this was 100 percent!

Bet your mortgage, first born and every glass of beer on this! You wont be proven wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Ah so no actual source?

Gotcha.

It's baseless, and you saying you "believe" you friend isn't exactly encouraging.
    I see you are just playing semantics now.

There is a reason OP is playing the source close to their chest. In some cases you are not allowed to divulge the direct source or they may ask to stay anonymous. I had it all the time as a reporter. Sometimes some of our University faculty would ask to remain anonymous. I'm only using the press as an example because it's a common area. So I imagine whoever leaked this to @Jaylock asked to remain anonymous. But if I go by past conversations I can make an educated guess.

Now are you willing to have an actual conversation and discussion about the OP's leak itself or just derail the thread further? If so then I have no desire to continue with you.

Willing to give you at least the benefit of the doubt here. We can drop this now and discuss the topic itself or you can keep derailing and this will be my last response to you. Entirely up to you of course.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-20 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Jaylock’s source was slightly off- High Elves won’t be added as a race. Instead, Blood Elves will be reclaiming their name and their place in the Alliance. For years players insisted Blizzard made a mistake by giving the Blood Elves to the Horde, and finally Blizzard has agreed.

In an Alliance only scenario introduced during the prepatch called The Reclamation of Lordaeron, Alliance characters and Blood Elves will join in an attack on Undercity where they wipe out the Forsaken defenders and drive out the Horde. This will be a pincher attack with most of the NPC Alliance forces invading from Gilneas while player characters and the Blood Elves will begin their assault from the throne room teleporter in Silvermoon City after meeting with Lor’theron in Dalaran. Lor’Theron and Silvermoon guards will accompany the player as they clean out the upper city inside the walls as they open the way for Gilnean forces by taking the Forsaken defenders out from behind. There, forces will split and the player will have a choice of continuing through the elevator entrance or the sewers. The scenario ends with confronting Horde zeppelins on an Alliance airship and blasting them out of the sky in a shooting gallery game before riding a gryphon over to the Horde flagship to take out their commander.

Blood Elf player characters must complete the scenario before moving further in the story. Once completed they will be ported to the restored Gilneas where they will be welcomed by Greymane and Anduin as members of the Alliance.

The Horde’s scenario begins with receiving a messenger from Sylvannas while in Dalaran instructing them to come to the Warchief’s hut in Orgrimmar. There the player learned for the Blood Elves’ treachery and joins the forces accompanying Sylvannas as they race to defend Undercity. What the player finds is an Alliance army ready for them. Hopelessly overwhelmed, the player and Sylvannas attempt to save the Horde fleet, but Sylvannas is felled by Greymane. It’s all the player can do to escape back to Orgrimmar with Sylannas’ body.

After the prepatch Horde players lose access to Blood Elf and Forsaken lands and Forsaken player characters can no longer be created. Blizzard will allow players who currently have Forsaken characters to keep them as a memento but will not allow race changes.
    So...your idea is to force millions of players who have enjoyed and played these races to faction change, and a race they spent months redesigning to become completely inaccessible to new players.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason OP is playing the source close to their chest. In some cases you are not allowed to divulge the direct source or they may ask to stay anonymous. I had it all the time as a reporter. Sometimes some of our University faculty would ask to remain anonymous. I'm only using the press as an example because it's a common area. So I imagine whoever leaked this to @Jaylock asked to remain anonymous. But if I go by past conversations I can make an educated guess.

Now are you willing to have an actual conversation and discussion about the OP's leak itself or just derail the thread further? If so then I have no desire to continue with you.

Willing to give you at least the benefit of the doubt here. We can drop this now and discuss the topic itself or you can keep derailing and this will be my last response to you. Entirely up to you of course.
    Debating it's validity is a perfectly acceptable discussion. Whether a leak is true is important to establish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    So...your idea is to force millions of players who have enjoyed and played these races to faction change, and a race they spent months redesigning to become completely inaccessible to new players.

- - - Updated - - -

Debating it's validity is a perfectly acceptable discussion. Whether a leak is true is important to establish.
    I'd rather discuss the actual topic if I'm honest.

I have no reason to disbelieve the OP so why would I go back and forth with the whole "real and fake" baloney?

I'm happy to discuss the possibility of 3 new races being added to the game.

To which I say. Would be pretty interesting to get an Alliance, Horde and Neutral race all in one go. However can't say I'd be too excited about Alliance basically getting Blood Elves with a reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Actually, movement yes, spells and abilities, no. With the latest updates to spell and ability animations, each class has the same animations across classes except for one. So I guess that would actually mean less work on animations.
    Blizzard said each class still has a couple skills that will use the unique racial animation, that it's something they didn't want to completely remove. I haven't actually looked for it though, I don't know if that's true. But yeah by and large they're all the same. If it ran on a new skeleton they'd still have to animate it which would take a couple months but not the same as drafting ideas beforehand as well.

There is a reason OP is playing the source close to their chest.In some cases you are not allowed to divulge the direct source or they may ask to stay anonymous. I had it all the time as a reporter. Sometimes some of our University faculty would ask to remain anonymous. I'm only using the press as an example because it's a common area. So I imagine whoever leaked this to @Jaylock asked to remain anonymous. But if I go by past conversations I can make an educated guess.
    Cool but also accepting wild claims from a person who hasn't earned anyone's trust ever isn't exactly going to go down well. If it turns out to be correct, more power to the both of you, but until then, like most Jay threads, nope there is nothing to talk about.

Are you his enforcer? Take the backseat moderation down a notch. As for derailing, Jay derails this website, nevermind specific topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Cool but also accepting wild claims from a person who hasn't earned anyone's trust ever isn't exactly going to go down well. If it turns out to be correct, more power to the both of you, but until then, like most Jay threads, nope there is nothing to talk about.

Are you his enforcer? Take the backseat moderation down a notch. As for derailing, Jay derails this website, nevermind specific topics.
    Ok I see you are not willing to so I will just throw you on ignore. Pretty silly not to want to discuss the topic and go after the OP but whatever I guess.

I'd rather discuss it's validity. You aren't the grand overlord of this forum and you don't get to dictate what people talk about.

I have no reason to disbelieve the OP so why would I go back and forth with the whole "real and fake" baloney?
    I do Have a reason to not trust the OP.

To which I say. Would be pretty interesting to get an Alliance, Horde and Neutral race all in one go. However can't say I'd be too excited about Alliance basically getting Blood Elves with a reskin.
    Sure lets talk about xenomorphs, gremlins and anthropomorphic ducks. Those are the races I want to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    All I needed was to see "neutral" to read BS. Thanks for making it quick at least!
    Uhm did you play Mists of Pandaria by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I take it you haven't played the game since Mists of Pandaria launched...
    IIRC there was an interview where Blizzard said they kinda regret adding a Neutral race to the rooster. It takes away from faction identity/pride or whatever was their reasoning.

But who knows, times change.

Because if someone claims something is a real leak, discussing that claim is an inherent part of he topic. He's literally just reposting what everyone wants to hear all jammed into one thread, which is admittedly funny manipulating people into discussing. There's years of talk on all three races and strong sentiment behind each. Three races in a single expansion is unheard of, but, of course, not impossible.

If your concern is only discussing the nuance and details of the races, there are probably hundreds of threads over the years to do that in. One pops up like every week or day for all three. But the claim of this as a new leak is a topic as well and probably more interesting to some to discuss because Jaylock's reused races have been done to death.

Also, the burden of evidence is on the one who makes the claim. Nothing has been provided which is actual, researchable, replica table evidence. Which is fine, but don't tell people they can't discuss that issue.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2017-10-20 at 03:25 AM.

Ok I see you are not willing to so I will just throw you on ignore. Pretty silly not to want to discuss the topic and go after the OP but whatever I guess.
    Again, talking about the validity of the topic isn't derailing, it's 100% on topic. This is baseless claims being leveled by one of the most notorious baiters on the forum with a bait icon as his avatar.

Like I said before, if it turns out to be real, more power to both of you, but I see no reason to think this is real now.

PS - I've had you on ignore for like 2 years, I've had to click "view post" just to have this worthless conversation with you.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-10-20 at 03:28 AM.

Do you know why the boy crying wolf is such a well known tale? Because it's extremely relatable and true. When Jay goes "HEY GUYS, LEAK TIME" and it's blatantly false 95% of the time, people will start calling it out.

OT however, I'd like all 3 of those races. Ethereals are insanely cool, ogres are a well known Horde nonplayable race, and High Elves are cool in my book. Do wonder if ogres are too tall though, to fit into doors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    IIRC there was an interview where Blizzard said they kinda regret adding a Neutral race to the rooster. It takes away from faction identity/pride or whatever was their reasoning.

Yeah but Blizzard sometimes spout utter nonsense. Have you not seen some interviews where they try and validate the RNG in Legion?

Problem with Pandaren is they never really had any identity in the Horde and the Alliance outside of Ji and Aysa who were barely seen the moment we hit Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

i just drink a cup of coffee and relax

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

They never said it. It was Ghostcrawler tweeting he didn't personally like it. The negative reactions were from players who thought Pandaren were silly.

I'm glad GC is gone, tweeting that was like speaking for every developer and player.