Poll: Do you use glasses?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My eyesight is pretty bad. I can read a book but struggle anything longer than arms length away. I can't see a menu at a fast food restaurant without my glasses. I usually wear contacts when leaving the house but I wear glasses if I'm not going anywhere, or only intend to be out for a short time.

I have very slight myopia - if I'm reading something more distant than like... 10 meters or so it starts to get a bit blurry. But it's not enough for me to bother wearing glasses regularly. I have a pair, and I have worn them occasionally if I'm going to have to read off a projector or something for a long period of time, but they're just gathering dust in a drawer at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, everything is blurry for me unless it's right in my face.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Option doesn't exist :

Used to, got me eye beamed 2 years ago. Makes life so much better, in the shower, in the pool, in the bed, during sport, seeing things is amazing.
    must be nice to be able to get that done and be able to see 20/20. If i wasted the money to do it I would still have to wear glasses.

Started wearing glasses when I was 8ish. It was bad enough that this got blurry more than 6inches from my eyes. Laser beamed to 20/20 or slightly better now though. So I'm glasses free until the need for readers kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm shortsighted so yes, I hope one day to get my eyes lasered
    It's getting cheaper by the year, which is pretty cool.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to take a medication that fucked with my eyes, so I needed glasses for a bit. Not anymore since I've moved onto something else.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been wearing them since the third grade because I was doing bad in school. Apparently my brother, mother and father all needing glasses wasn't an indicator I should see an opthamologist.

I wore contacts for about 15 years, I started because of Lacrosse - getting your glasses knocked off every time you take off your helmet is annoying as shit - and continued because girls seemed to like my face. Now I don't like to deal with chronic dry eyes due to clogged tear ducts so I wear glasses, sorry ladies.

Have Myopia -3.5 left eye and -3.75 right eye but had laser surgery at 18. Did it then because it stabilized at those rates for 2 years and it's recomended to have the surgery, if you wanna do it at least 1 year after it stabilizes at a certain value. Basically still have it but the curvature of the cornea is changed as such as it makes the eye see as normal. Only thing is in the very corners of the eyes where the sight of anyone is at least a bit diffuse the correction does not apply but it does not really matter because you can't tell anyway.

Wearing glasses has been such an integral part of my life that being asked "Do you use glasses?" feels as odd as if I were asked "Do you use your left hand?"
    Signature not found

Deleted
    Shortsighted here, -2.0 one eye, -2.5 the other. I suppose it's not that bad in the scheme of things, but it really feels like dropping the world's resolution from 1080p to 480p. I can't imagine how bad it must be for those with weaker eyes.

I could do contacts, but i prefer glasses. Thick frame tortoise shell glasses are kind of fashionable right now, and I think they look awesome too. I plan on getting Laser eye surgery at some point in the future, but I'm not in any rush for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Shortsighted here, -2.0 one eye, -2.5 the other. I suppose it's not that bad in the scheme of things, but it really feels like dropping the world's resolution from 1080p to 480p. I can't imagine how bad it must be for those with weaker eyes.

I could do contacts, but i prefer glasses. Thick frame tortoise shell glasses are kind of fashionable right now, and I think they look awesome too. I plan on getting Laser eye surgery at some point in the future, but I'm not in any rush for it.
    Dude trust me i know the feeling had -3.5 before my surgery. Basically if someone was more than 3-4 meters away facial details were fuzzy as fk. I did you glasses from 10 to 16 then 16-18 contact lenses but i said fuck it at 18 especially since it was stabilized and went for laser surgery. For Basketball it was a pain in the ass to play with glasses before i switched to contacts, but for swimming you can imagine how annoying contact were too. Just decided to scrub the whole problem.

I had to get glasses for a job but they decided not to hire me anyway.

I don't use them anymore because I see how bad people's skin is when I wear em.
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyresias View Post
    Dude trust me i know the feeling had -3.5 before my surgery. Basically if someone was more than 3-4 meters away facial details were fuzzy as fk. I did you glasses from 10 to 16 then 16-18 contact lenses but i said fuck it at 18 especially since it was stabilized and went for laser surgery. For Basketball it was a pain in the ass to play with glasses before i switched to contacts, but for swimming you can imagine how annoying contact were too. Just decided to scrub the whole problem.
    Yeah, I get you. I'm a cyclist myself, and glasses annoy the fuck out of me when cycling. I have to switch to contacts. Running for anything more than a morning jog too. Overall, I'm not massively into sports so the glasses aren't a major inconvenience most of the time - but I can totally see eye surgery being more of a priority if you're the active type.

For drinking, yeah.

Seriously though, I've been born blind in my left eye... the vision on my right eye is very good though, I can easily read even the tiny print at the bottom of them eye charts.

And I've been gaming since the Atari 2600... all that nonsense about screens being bad for the eyes to the point of needing glasses, just that... nonsense!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-10-20 at 12:18 PM.

Yup.

Two years ago I sat in class and realized that I should probably use glasses so I could actually read what was going on up at the front.

Been having trouble for years before then with reading things at a distance but never had any issue with it because usually I could just walk closer. Was a bit more difficult in class when I was placed in the back.

I only really bother using my glasses in such situations though, when I know I'll need to read text from far away, like in class, cinema or the like. Otherwise I don't mind seeing things slightly blurrier, mostly at about 2 meters and further away. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Option doesn't exist :

Used to, got me eye beamed 2 years ago. Makes life so much better, in the shower, in the pool, in the bed, during sport, seeing things is amazing.
    This would fall under the "I don't use glasses" option. Unless you still stick them on your head for whatever reason....

I'm slightly long-sighted, so I need glasses to read really small text, and they make my eyes more comfortable for regular reading. Anything further than arm's length is fine though.

Nearsighted with severe astigmatism (-7.0, -8.5). Started wearing glasses at 1.5 years old. With that severe of an astigmatism, needed reading glasses/bifocals by the time I hit 40. Been wearing progressive lenses for a few years now.

Yeah, my eyesight is really bad without aids. I mostly use contacts though.