Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    You fight a panty-thief gnome on a bed while your parents have sex, then you can perform an abortion on your friend's father just before being attacked by a giant nazi aborted fetus.

If after that you don't buy it I don't understand.
    Stick of truth

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're a japanese assassin tasked with collecting a sword, but then shit gets real and you almost die before making a pact with a demon to survive, after which you go on a killing spree using chi powers, a katana and way too many guns, all whilst constantly spouting 90s one-liners.
    Last edited by The5thVegetable; 2017-10-20 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The start menu was a benchmark for this bleeding edge tech game.

You start off in prison, then begin an epic adventure that was beyond anything of the time with an amazing soundtrack.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

You start off in prison, then begin an epic adventure that was beyond anything of the time with an amazing soundtrack.

Gears of war?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuya View Post
    Gears of war?
    Not even close.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

This is too hard. I don't expect anyone get it.

Save a princess. Always go to the wrong castle.

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    You're a japanese assassin tasked with collecting a sword, but then shit gets real and you almost die before making a pact with a demon to survive, after which you go on a killing using chi powers, a katana and way too many guns, all whilst constantly spouting 90s one-liners.
    Shadow Warrior was fun

How about a magical land where Monday is everyone's favourite day of the week

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    a cynical, sarcastic burglar infiltrates prisons, castle keeps, cathedrals and occult dens, relieving people of their goods while being manipulated as a pawn in the schemes of various powerful factions.
    thief

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Band of Thieves kidnaps a princess and go on an adventure around the world. Princess is actually the one who hired the thieves because she wanted to be kidnapped. Her parent is crazy and ends up starting a near world war.

- - - Updated - - -

Been a long time since I have played so some details might be slightly off.

- - - Updated - - -

Journey? 10 chars?
    FFIX /10noodles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

TES: Oblivion
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attempt to solve increasingly more dangerous puzzles, through intricate use of blue and orange.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Attempt to solve increasingly more dangerous puzzles, through intricate use of blue and orange.
    Portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

TES: Oblivion
    Negative

/10 negatives

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Resident Evil 4. One of my favorite games.

Last one hasn't been guessed since I checked, soooo new one!

Combat with the ungodly creations of these worlds is possible, but usually not important, solving the riddles is what'll get you ahead, and they have no chill, even on easy. And the main character will backsass you, if you try to make her do some questionable choices.
    What was your last one I didn't see it.

This one is easy, looks like silent hill 3, toilet scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    It is! Might be repetitive to some but I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that Demon Gaze? Haven't played it myself but a friend showed me a bit of it..
    Nope.

The game was released in 2001 and is actually not the first game set in this universe. The original game was released on the Playstation in 1999.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    One of the Persona games?
    It is not, I have actually never played a Persona game, unfortunately.

I've still been thinking about Halyon's... I had a few "maybes" come to mind which I didn't really know anything about (such as Metroid Other M where there miight be a larger focus on adventure puzzle elements but I didn't know if Samus would backsass you, or Alice Madness Returns which however isn't Japanese).. then another Maybe came to mind, and after looking up a plot synopsis, at least part of it fits.

Dino Crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is too hard. I don't expect anyone get it.

Save a princess. Always go to the wrong castle.
    Super Mario Brothers.

You move around from place to place where you use your powers to ward off the attacks from demonic creatures in order to keep your friends safe from harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Nope.

The game was released in 2001 and is actually not the first game set in this universe. The original game was released on the Playstation in 1999.
    Hmm. A sequel to a turn-based RPG that started on PlayStation... makes me think possibly Grandia II? I don't know much about it, no idea if he has any demonic abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    What was your last one I didn't see it.

This one is easy, looks like silent hill 3, toilet scene.
    You are correct!

Might as well re-cap then (you guessed game 2);

Game 1:
    A reincarnation of a deity goes on a journey to unlock their own potential and thus save japan from demons and demon-gods. Also there's a tiny, buggy sidekick.

And they all talk in meeps.
    Game 3:
    Ok, so the vast majority of the game is not 'real', but if you die there, you die for real. You start out trying to solve a massacre of people, along with 2 of your collegues, and then shit gets bent into a pretzel when a teleporting nutcase thinks you need a time-out. And then it goes down-hill.

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    You move around from place to place where you use your powers to ward off the attacks from demonic creatures in order to keep your friends safe from harm.
    ...Dragon Age Inquisition...or DA2?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I've still been thinking about Halyon's... I had a few "maybes" come to mind which I didn't really know anything about (such as Metroid Other M where there miight be a larger focus on adventure puzzle elements but I didn't know if Samus would backsass you, or Alice Madness Returns which however isn't Japanese).. then another Maybe came to mind, and after looking up a plot synopsis, at least part of it fits.

Dino Crisis?
    It has been guessed correctly by Wrecktangle, it is Silent Hill 3. Still 2 others to guess though, at the top of this post. :3 This thread is fun.

I remember the first time I played Dino Crisis...terrified me so hard that I couldn't play it for a couple of years until a friend got me goaded into playing the demo... xD I was such a scaredycat back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not, I have actually never played a Persona game, unfortunately.
    Shadow Hearts? Koudelka being the PS1 reference?