Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    Im not even play wow right now, i just wanted to know the opinions
    You don't even play this game, yet you aim to be an armchair dev of something you no longer participate in... Great.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Unlike real life, to an extent, where there's a steady economic flow in circulation or being hoarded... the game constantly producing gold out of thin air... and that causes the gold inflation... so...
    Inflation in WOW exists to put more emphasis on current activities than past ones, means if you became rich few expansions ago but then unsub, your gold will lose value, but if you're a new player with not a penny to your name, you have plenty of ways to get yourself started, WOW these days is very casual friendly in that aspect in comparison to some other MMOs where if you don't grind for hours until your eyes bleed or play the AH you'll never get out of the poor man's ditch. Blizzard is always thinking with "easy to start, hard to master" philosophy, it affects not only things like gearing or getting into raiding, but the "gold game" too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Actually you do.
    And the more skill, the less the emphasis on farming. Only people with not so much skill spending a lot of time making gold.
    Knowing what to do, spending an hour (max) a day to be a multi millionaire is skill.

But that's the misconception of the ones that either neglected or simply don't have sufficient skills.
    They think it's just a time investment, when it fact that's not the case.
    Or in other words, a skilled person knows of many ways to become wealthy, a not so skilled person knows of just a few.
    What you are describing is a learning process, no skill. First it take a lot of time and when more you practise it took less time to farm that same amount of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you have anything better to do with/in your life than worrying about something that doesn't pertain to you?
    Or, are you just trying to stir the pot here? I think that's not working too well...
    I am just hype for know the next expansion

No.

It's not difficult to make gold. I came back after stopped in early Cataclysm, i started with almost no money, and I have no problems. I'm not rich, but I can pay my needs. And I also bought the 500k mount that is absolutely useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The WoW economy is a mess and Blizzard doesn't even hire people to fix it.
    Why would they have to hire someone for that?

The economy can be fixed, but the gold flow would have to be cut substancially. This means those with alot of gold would be benefiting the most. If you reset it, they would lose the most.
    This is true, BUT.... More below
    So, the only possible way to de-inflate it is to make a % cut to all accounts along with the new economy infrastructure.
    Already in place. Blizzard takes out a percentage on all AH transactions.

Another possible way is to get the tokens out of the gold market and create a new in-game currency for it.
    That part you got wrong.
    The tokens do not create more gold. They just shift gold from those that have a lot, to those that don't.
    If anything, then the tokens help to level the market.
    And as said above... BUT..
    Economy. There's one thing you guys that criticize the economy have wrong.
    This is not a general economy, and the same everywhere. On the contrary even.
    The economy varies in parts immensely from server to server.
    What's cheap on server 1 costs an arm and a leg on server 2.
    What makes money on server 3 doesn't do anything on server 4.
    The economy in WoW is a reflection of the community that's present on the server, period.
    Exceptions are the server communities that are linked together, but that's still the same principle.

On Blizzards side pretty much everything they could do has been done.
    Loot nerfed to the ground. Dungeons dropping next to no loot at all anymore. Raid loot nerfed into oblivion.
    Example Firelands (since it's one of the most popular farming raids).
    Prior Legion a full clear of FL yielded about 3000 gold, give or take..
    Today, you make about 600 - 800g.
    All in all, raid/dungeon revenue has been cut between 2/3 to 3/4.

I can't really see them doing a lot more anymore other than removing currency altogether. And that would lead to a mass exist of players, I predict.

- - - Updated - - -

What you are describing is a learning process, no skill. First it take a lot of time and when more you practise it took less time to farm that same amount of money.
    I believe you don't know what skill means...

noun
    noun: skill

the ability to do something well; expertise.
    a particular ability.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted

That part you got wrong.
    The tokens do not create more gold. They just shift gold from those that have a lot, to those that don't.
    The economy in WoW is a reflection of the community that's present on the server, period.
    Exceptions are the server communities that are linked together, but that's still the same principle.

Loot nerfed to the ground. Dungeons dropping next to no loot at all anymore. Raid loot nerfed into oblivion.

I can't really see them doing a lot more anymore other than removing currency altogether. And that would lead to a mass exist of players, I predict.

- - - Updated - - -

I know tho, people who practise a lot of time cant even do mythic or get high rating in arenas, and other people who spend less time can do more than people who spend more time. In gold when you findd the most efficient way to farm, all people can do it. Farm gold dont need skill, just is a learning process to be more efficient.

Deleted

That part you got wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Games like GW2 have a team dedicated to the economy. That is why it's a much better economy in that game and gold actually has a lot of value.

Saying the % is in the AH cut. Cmon... that obviously hasnt solved any problems has it? Because Gold is easy to get in WoW. Your "cut" from the AH can be off-set by just vendoring a piece of gear.

The token is what gives value to the market. If they remove it from the gold market and create a new currency they can have better control on the market and gold would become a currency with less value. Just to buy in-game things as it used to be.
    I think what you can't see is that i don't think the current market is salvageable without very drastic changes. So, none of it can stay as it is if Blizzard actually wanted to fix it.

But, i don't think they will. They will keep showering us with gold and the token prices will keep going up.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-10-20 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In gold when you findd the most efficient way to farm, all people can do it. Farm gold dont need skill, just is a learning process to be more efficient.
    There are more ways to create revenue. The most profitable ones don't involve farming at all.

Deleted
    Don't you think that would be better if the gold is reset for the next expansion? Most of the players that have infinite gold will not like, but the economy of wow have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of gold for the new items of the next expansion for the AH.
    That would make me unsub so hard...

Deleted
    There are more ways to create revenue. The most profitable ones don't involve farming at all.
    Well thats true

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite get your intentions, but I can tell you what'll happen:
    Today's rich players will still end up being rich, and the rest will ask for an economy reset for next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    What economy?
    For there to be economy there has to be a proper supply and demand.
    Blizzard must make professions integral to progression.

Blizzard should expand the "enchant in trade window" functionality to also include actual crafting.
    So you could place a soulbound crafting raid material in the "Will Not be Traded" Slot, and the Crafter (plus other materials on the crafter's inventory) applies a "recipe" to the soulbound material, resulting in a piece of equipment that is soulbound to the player providing the soulbound material.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-10-20 at 04:40 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Games like GW2 have a team dedicated to the economy. That is why it's a much better economy in that game and gold actually has a lot of value.

Saying the % is in the AH cut. Cmon... that obviously hasnt solved any problems has it? Because Gold is easy to get in WoW. Your "cut" from the AH can be off-set by just vendoring a piece of gear.

The token is what gives value to the market. If they remove it from the gold market and create a new currency they can have better control on the market and gold would become a currency with less value. Just to buy in-game things as it used to be.
    The token shows how the value went down (or up depending on the viewpoint). So it works.
    For North America, the tokens used to cost 22,000 gold in the beginning. As of right now it's 180,100g. That right there moved a lot of gold from people with an abundance of gold to those with none.

And again, you completely ignored the economy independence. Does GW work with one system or is it like WoW dependent on which server you logging into?
    I answer myself..... GW has ONE virtual server. That creates ONE economy.
    Whereas WoW has hundreds of servers with hundreds of economies.
    I myself have toons on a variety of servers, and those economies are so different from one another.

WoWs economy is as old as the game, well over 10 years, and has worked ever since. If you cannot properly function in it, then it's on you and you alone.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-10-20 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be dumb. Especially now that gold has an actual real-world money value.

7+ Year Old Account
    no. it took me years to get the gold i have now. leave my gold alone
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

You don´t need skll for farm gold, just time, you hability to be efficient is other thing. But anyways i understand the players who took his time for farm gold, but i just thought that would be more fun if all players start at the same level.
    Time might help but you really don't have to spend that much time if you know what you're doing.
    The poster you replied to is correct though - The only ones that would really benefit from a reset are the ones that lack the ability to make gold or the ones that are just lazy. Why would Blizzard want to benefit these players?`

Actually, they might want to do this. They really did up the rewards for poor play in Legion after all.

Ive made my way up to 2.5 million gold with a lot of effort over the years. I don't want it. It's not very hard to make gold nowadays.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    While we are it we should resets everyones level to 1 so that people rerolling or new people are on equa footing

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    World of Warcraft: Communism.
    No, not redistributive enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Player with 10000 gold drops to 500 gold.
    Player with 100000 gold drops to 5000 gold.

The richer player is still 10 times richer than the poor player.

All AH prices drop proportionally. Poor players are not doing any better.

No problem was solved that day.
    That's the point though. The value of currency increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    The only reason anyone would want an economy reset is because they are poor and to lazy/unskilled to make gold. And they want to be at the same level as the people who work hard without doing anything. So no. Its a terrible idea.
    100% this. ^

Deleted
    Not in real life
    if you dont regulate the market in any way, shape or form, it does.