Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We know the 8.0 gear is being filed under "Kul'tiras" in the game files.

Someone posted a few days ago now how all expansion gear uses the expansion title to filter it. So Legion, Draenor, Pandaria...

So why would Blizz need to kill gear that says "Zandalar" if the expansion is filed under Kul'tiras?

Just looks to me like them removing old ToT gear is likely housekeeping for stuff that players never got and they don't need icons for.
    No idea, my initial theory is that the raptor mount had Zandalar in the name but it doesn't so that's up for grabs. Also, again, none of the files were actually removed. Just the filenames were removed from the interface extraction list. They're still available for the game to use.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Out of all the non cannon shit from hearthstone I really do wish Tortollan existed :/

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    then find something new to debate no one cares about ender politics we get enough of that crap every day via the news.
    I wouldn't have said that trip, now she'll for sure talk about it even more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't one of the CMs appear in a streams (Towelliee's?) livestream from Blizzcon 2015 and he basically said how the CMs are one of the last people at blizz to get debriefed about an expansion so that they wouldn't accidentally hint at stuff?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Out of all the non cannon shit from hearthstone I really do wish Tortollan existed :/
    I'd be fine with that, I mean if Bears have some demi god like them(Ursoc) then why not turtles?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We're bound to get them at some point, we have Walrus people already. Its actually odd we never got turtle people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd be fine with that, I mean if Bears have some demi god like them(Ursoc) then why not turtles?
    There is a demi-god for turtles in Hyjal, we save him in a quest. Name is Tortolla I believe.

There is an ancient that is a turtle tho

7+ Year Old Account
    Could it be the MoP turtle/island?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an ancient that is a turtle tho
    I know, I guess I was saying having a animal based on the ancient would be fine. Some of the Hearthstone stuff that is non canon is interesting(Minus Ragnaros the Light Lord...lol)

Could it be the MoP turtle/island?
    Don't think that's the ancient but by mentioning that turtle he reminds me of the big turtle in Majora's Mask.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We know the 8.0 gear is being filed under "Kul'tiras" in the game files.

Someone posted a few days ago now how all expansion gear uses the expansion title to filter it. So Legion, Draenor, Pandaria...

So why would Blizz need to kill gear that says "Zandalar" if the expansion is filed under Kul'tiras?

Just looks to me like them removing old ToT gear is likely housekeeping for stuff that players never got and they don't need icons for.
    Could be different zones. Since if they do an island expac instead of continent they name different sets for each zone and the Zandalari stuff isn't in yet. Only reason we even know of zandalar is because of preexisting icons that got hit too. There's probably more planned ones.

Also no ToT gear is removed and icons still remain. The removal is more of a filter as I understand it.

The turtle ancient is the only ancient without a sentient race that represents it right? Goldrinn has Worgen.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... Not removing the icons is odd. Did they remove the Kul tiras stuff or just encrypt the names?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hmm... Not removing the icons is odd. Did they remove the Kul tiras stuff or just encrypt the names?
    Neither. Still in and not encrypted.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The turtle ancient is the only ancient without a sentient race that represents it right? Goldrinn has Worgen.
    Japanese expansion, Kappa race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Still there, just removed/encrypted the name.

The only reason the Zandalar files are important is because they got scrubbed at the same time as the Kul'tiras stuff. Otherwise they wouldn't be relevant. Blizzard "hid" both KT and Zandalari files at around the same time.

No there is also Malorne Yu'lon Chi Ji and Xuen and if u want to include him i guess Ursol

Deleted
    Japanese expansion, Kappa race.
    Well we had a chinese expansion so why not?

Hiji was the true expansion island after all lol

No there is also Malorne Yu'lon Chi Ji and Xuen and if u want to include him i guess Ursol
    Chi-ji had one but it got scrapped. Was in concept art though.

The important part is that the Zandalar and Kul'tiras names were scrubbed from the database at the same time.
    Agreed - it isn't about what files were removed, it's that they "likely" did a quick search for any file with Zandalar or Kul'tiras in the name and wiped it, which suggests that they are both likely to play a part some time in the future (be it this expansion or beyond).