Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Surely, then, your contempt for Trump must be nearly incomprehensible. Do we need to show the nearly infinite length montage of him doing far worse, and far more than once?
    Yes, Trump behaves in a completely inappropriate manner, on a daily basis. But that isn't exactly the same thing as what this harpy is accusing him of, is it? She is saying he makes phones calls to widows, and behaves in a callous manner when doing so, which is beyond the pale to accuse someone of.

Anyone who backs this woman, is a terrible, terrible person, whose morality is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    People still take politifact as unbiased and truthful?

Hilarious.

Just because it has "fact" in the name doesn't mean anything.
    Point out the flaws in their reasoning then?

Hilarious.

That fact that they want to fact check a minor detail, while ignoring the greater context, is amazing, even for them. It literally saddens me to think this is what has become of the American left. I don't mind if they are wrong, but I had always at least hoped, that they were genuine in their beliefs. This proves otherwise.

Hilarious.

Did you bother to check their citations? You know, that thing that they provide for people who don't want to just take their word for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That fact that they want to fact check a minor detail, while ignoring the greater context, is amazing, even for them. It literally saddens me to think this is what has become of the American left. I don't mind if they are wrong, but I had always at least hoped, that they were genuine in their beliefs. This proves otherwise.
    That was a big part of Kelly's character attack on the congresswoman, and it undermines his credibility if he's willing to make such a baldface lie in front of a room full of reporters who he knows will fact-check everything he says.

As they should for everything every politician says.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-10-20 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Point out the flaws in their reasoning then?
    Because the facts of what Kelly said are not the key point. The key point was her self serving tone during a somber moment. The "fact check" doesn't refute his point that that it was an inappropriate time for politics. The "fact check" also doesn't point out that Kelly said nothing of it at the time, and only brought it up to explain his point of view about this woman, regarding her more recent shameful interjection in to somber moments, for more grand standing.

Attempting to smear a congresswoman to invalidate her criticism isn't exactly a "minor detail".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did you bother to check their citations? You know, that thing that they provide for people who don't want to just take their word for it?
    That site has fallen into Huffington Post territory for me.

As in, bullshit and not worth the click.

Surely any right leaning person knows how to read politifact by now. You disregard the findings, and check the facts they present. Their scoring is not based in anything but partisanship but, often they provide verifiable facts that are useful.

Because the facts of what Kelly said are not the key point. The key point was her self serving tone during a somber moment. The "fact check" doesn't refute his point that that it was an inappropriate time for politics. The "fact check" also doesn't point out that Kelly said nothing of it at the time, and only brought it up to explain his point of view about this woman, regarding her more recent shameful interjection in to somber moments, for more grand standing.
    "Facts" of what kelly said, lol. Is this another "Don't take him literally" argument? If you had read their fact check impartially or listened to her speech you would have known that she mentioned the process of getting the dedication in place in time to highlight how much congress respects the FBI.

That site has fallen into Huffington Post territory for me.

As in, bullshit and not worth the click.
    Cool, so how about the other links that provide the complete video of her speech that show that Kelly's claim was flat-out incorrect.

Or are those too traumatic to click on as well.

That was a big part of Kelly's character attack on the congresswoman, and it undermines his credibility if he's willing to make such a baldface lie in front of a room full of reporters who he knows will fact-check everything he says.

As they should for everything every politician says.
    No, it wasn't. The freaking AMOUNT of the building cost was NOT the point. The grand standing was the point.

I thought you were a better person than this. We rarely agree, but I had no idea this was what your character is. Disgusting.

This video completely confirms the point of what Kelly was saying: That this woman interjected petty political grand standing in to a somber moment that was meant to honor the fallen who paid the ultimate price.

It doesn't matter if she was patting herself on the back for fast tracking the funding, or fast tracking the naming. She was still grand standing, in a completely inappropriate moment. This woman is disgusting, and only the worst human beings imaginable, would re-elect her now.
    Of course a sycophant like you would whitewash Kelly's statement.

The video does not confirm "the point" of what Kelly said. It confirms Kelly lied. At this point I don't even believe you watched the video, because it was not a somber moment at all.

Kelly said she was grandstanding about funding for the building, which she did not. It was funded before she was even elected.

She spent a minute of her nine minute speech talking about how she worked against the clock to make sure that the building got named to honor the fallen FBI agents. She called out Republicans who helped her, gave out respect for the agents, and had everyone there recognize them for their service while they stood. Comey specifically called out her service, and it's why she was there.

The ceremony was a ribbon cutting, complete with pictures of her helping cut the ribbon. Not some somber ceremony to honor the fallen.

In his recollection of the events, Kelly said that Wilson “stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money — the $20 million — to build the building. And she sat down, and we were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.”

The Sun-Sentinel video doesn’t reflect the uncomfortable moments Kelly recalled. Instead, Wilson recounts how legislation to name the building was whisked through Congress on a bipartisan basis, showing the crowd laughing at her jokes as she recalled taking on the challenge of quickly naming the building when others said it couldn’t be done.

“I’m a school principal. I said, excuse my French, 'Aw, hell no. We’re going to get this done,’” Wilson recalled, leading to cheers. Later, she led the crowd in a call and response where she had them repeat the tenets of “fidelity, bravery, integrity.”

Money was not discussed in the video.
    And while we're at it, if Kelly is so offended at speeches before the fallen, why the fuck did he join up with Trump, who deeply insulted CIA officers talking about his inauguration size in front of the memorial wall there? Answer: Kelly's just as shady as the rest of Trump's team, military service or not.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool, so how about the other links that provide the complete video of her speech that show that Kelly's claim was flat-out incorrect.

Or are those too traumatic to click on as well.
    Not traumatic, just not worth my time, yo broski.

Not cool, yo.

"Facts" of what kelly said, lol. Is this another "Don't take him literally" argument? If you had read their fact check impartially or listened to her speech you would have known that she mentioned the process of getting the dedication in place in time to highlight how much congress respects the FBI.
    This is akin to saying the holocaust didn't happen, because the numbers reported vary slightly by source. Nobody who is being honest thinks it really matters how much the building cost. COME ON. The point is this witch likes to grand stand and trample all over dead people, and their families.

No, it wasn't. The freaking AMOUNT of the building cost was NOT the point. The grand standing was the point.
    Then why bring it up at all? Why undermine his own credibility with a pointless lie?

I thought you were a better person than this. We rarely agree, but I had no idea this was what your character is. Disgusting.
    Stow the faux outrage, it's a really old act.

Not traumatic, just not worth my time, yo broski.

Not cool, yo.
    So you'd rather remain completely ignorant of anything that's inconvenient or doesn't support your beliefs?

That's pretty cool too, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account

Edge is about average of a left-wing drone on here. Not one of the few that are reasonable.

This is akin to saying the holocaust didn't happen, because the numbers reported vary slightly by source. Nobody who is being honest thinks it really matters how much the building cost. COME ON. The point is this witch likes to grand stand and trample all over dead people, and their families.
    Lol jesus that first sentence is desperate. It's not just "some numbers vary" his entire attack on her isn't supported by any evidence. I didn't even mention the cost of the building, I specifically addressed the "grandstanding" claim of yours and Kelly and refuted it. Here it is again;

She only mentioned the process of getting the dedication in place on time to highlight the respect congress has for the FBI. Implying that the usual glacial process was sped up due to how well respected the FBI is. That's not grandstanding unless honouring the FBI is grandstanding.

"Witch"
    "Harpy"
    Yeah, we get your feelings about women, but reality doesn't back you.

Wilson was at that 2015 even because of her work to honor the fallen FBI agents.
    And she was in the car with Johnson's family -- by invitation -- because she had been his mentor and family friend.

She isn't trampling on dead people and their families. She's done a hell of a lot more for them than you have.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Lol jesus that first sentence is desperate. It's not just "some numbers vary" his entire attack on her isn't supported by any evidence. I didn't even mention the cost of the building, I specifically addressed the "grandstanding" claim of yours and Kelly and refuted it. Here it is again;

She only mentioned the process of getting the dedication in place on time to highlight the respect congress has for the FBI. Implying that the usual glacial process was sped up due to how well respected the FBI is. That's not grandstanding unless honouring the FBI is grandstanding.
    His entire attack on her is supported by the video. Come on, let's be honest. Did you really watch that Kelly speech and think, "Hrm. I bet that building cost more than that"? Really? This is your take away?

You people are disgusting. You have no respect for people who give their lives. You are as sick and twisted as this woman is, if you think it's virtuous to exploit the death of the fallen.

His entire attack on her is supported by the video. Come on, let's be honest. Did you really watch that Kelly speech and think, "Hrm. I bet that building cost more than that"? Really? This is your take away?

You people are disgusting. You have no respect for people who give their lives. You are as sick and twisted as this woman is, if you think it's virtuous to exploit the death of the fallen.
    I get that this is all you have to fall back on since you have no rebuttal to the grandstanding argument but it's really not subtle.