Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    But you need laws to regulate the market, like antitrust law.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    But you need laws to regulate the market, like antitrust law.
    What would help in wow is merging low pop servers, which is long overdue. It's too easy to manipulate and monopolize markets on low pop servers where competition is next to nonexistent, and then scalp the people who are stuck there and have little alternative to obtain their goods. Low pop servers also don't have good network of guilds and so forth, so finding alternative avenue to get for example crafted item is more limited as well. But that's about giving more freedom of trading (increasing pool of players you can trade with) rather than limiting it with laws.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    No, not redistributive enough.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the point though. The value of currency increases.
    But the methods to get it wouldn't change, so the players who are poor now would just be poor again in 2 months lol.

People aren't poor cuz they lose their gold in the crack of the couch. They're poor cuz they don't do anything to make gold.

Don't you think that would be better if the gold is reset for the next expansion? Most of the players that have infinite gold will not like, but the economy of wow have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of gold for the new items of the next expansion for the AH.
    As someone who normally has a avg 40-50k and rarley more than 100k. Fuck. That.

I dont care its a small amount, its a small amount I worked for and its mine. Every person on gold cap also worked their arses off. I have a friend who has funded herself through the wow sub since wod exclusively on tokens and bought the light forged golem. You know how she did it? Max level character on the server, all with l3 garrisons, inn, mines, herb garden and pet battle dailies, she took hours everyday grinding everything and it paid off, no one has any right to take that away

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think that would be better if the gold is reset for the next expansion? Most of the players that have infinite gold will not like, but the economy of wow have no sense to be honest, or at least introduce a new type of gold for the new items of the next expansion for the AH.
    No, don't think it would be smart. As well, you would have a ton of fury from people as the economy would be ruined and many who had some coin, now being without. It wouldn't reset it, it would make it more unstable.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why do these threads pop up right before every expansion announcement lol? It's always the people who don't want to work to earn the gold who want an economy reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Economists study the WoW economy. And it seems like what we have seen is purposeful inflation. Some of this inflation seems natural as the game (economy) gets older and more gold is introduced. Some of it is inflicted by Blizzard. This was done to try to help curb gold farming and selling (which it didn't really, and can't really). Blizzard 'resetting' the economy is no more a solution than resetting the economy in any nation; it's impossible, and would destabilize things socompletely the game economy might never recover; principally because of the USD->WoW gold options available. Basically, it would encourage those with the income to do so, to purchase tons of WoW gold. This would create a true 99% - 1% sort of situation within the game, where you have the wealthy literally controlling the WoW economy. No thanks. No reset.

Even if they reset gold, which won't happen, nothing will change or stuff will get even worse

People who know how to earn gold efficiently will do so w/o issues and will return to current or a bit lower than current gold levels really fast, but people who don't want to or know how to earn gold will stay poor or even poorer than they're now.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-10-20 at 05:43 PM.

Here buy this token for 20 bucks, you can sell it for in game cash. Oh and we are going to reset gold at some point. Enjoy, I know we will be enjoying your money long after we have arbitrarily wiped out the gold you bought with it.

That is why they will never wipe the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've already pretty much done this. Everything requires a new currency. Gold is next to irrelevant at this point.

But if you wanted a solid reset. We could simply move away from gold completely. Gold is then only relevant to old content.

Everything should now be paid in blood. But no seriously, just make everything EVERYTHING, repairs, AH, on a new currency.

Gold is hard cash. You can't just rob people mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Unlike real life, to an extent, where there's a steady economic flow in circulation or being hoarded... the game constantly producing gold out of thin air... and that causes the gold inflation... so...
    What do you think banks do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The token shows how the value went down (or up depending on the viewpoint). So it works.
    For North America, the tokens used to cost 22,000 gold in the beginning. As of right now it's 180,100g. That right there moved a lot of gold from people with an abundance of gold to those with none.

And again, you completely ignored the economy independence. Does GW work with one system or is it like WoW dependent on which server you logging into?
    I answer myself..... GW has ONE virtual server. That creates ONE economy.
    Whereas WoW has hundreds of servers with hundreds of economies.
    I myself have toons on a variety of servers, and those economies are so different from one another.

WoWs economy is as old as the game, well over 10 years, and has worked ever since. If you cannot properly function in it, then it's on you and you alone.
    No, it didn't. Theres way more gold in the economy. That is why the price went up. Gold lost value, as it does every expansion cause we get showered with more and more.

What are you talking about? The token is cross realm. You can sell and buy things in different realms. The realms aren't closed envyronments. Have you ever tried to cage and uncage pets?
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-10-20 at 11:24 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only way to reset economy is a new game.

I have a much better solution.

Link all AH's together across all servers.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might do just as much or more damage to the auction house when a couple million players quit en masse when such a (hypothetical) thing happens.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Of course you can, it would be trivially easy. Blizz just have to delete a fixed percentage of gold from everyone's account (say 95%). It'll never happen because of the massive amount of pant-shitting, but it's absolutely fine in principle.
    Yeah and then what?

Some people will have tokens.

Others have guild banks filled with materials/pets/transmogs they can sell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Gold is hard cash. You can't just rob people mate.
    Is it? Gold has existed long before the token. Blizzard decided to give you that option and that is why it can be translated into money. But even that is incorrect. It's credit in the Blizzard store. Blizzard can just as easily take that option away.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you. I like having 9M gold.

Also, nothing would change, for them to reset WoW's gold they will need to make an announcement for it.
    After the announcement every Goblin will just stock-pile tons and tons of items/raw materials and flood the AH after the reset.
    Last edited by Razorice; 2017-10-20 at 11:33 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I have a much better solution.

Link all AH's together across all servers.
    That's something I want for a while now, along with a AH revamp that's faster and not slowed down by endless pages of 1-stack posts.

It's already super slow on a big realm, let alone ALL realms.

Also improve cross-realm guilds/trading while at it, and if possible, merge many small servers again into bigger ones.

Being realistic, they probably remove the gold, order hall missions again.

Not sure how they will deal with world-quest/follower items, but I assume they remove the gold/benefits there too, and replace stuff with order resources or something.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-20 at 11:32 PM.