Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also keep in mind that Destiny 2 only sold 1/4 of what Destiny 1 did and it hasn't even released on PC yet.
    PC release will likely still be pretty huge, but not nearly as large as it could have been had it released at the same time as the PS4 version. Since PS4 version came out a month early, players have had a month to rip into it and provide all the good, bad and ugly reviews of it...which I would assume will have a pretty large impact on the total PC sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    PC release will likely still be pretty huge, but not nearly as large as it could have been had it released at the same time as the PS4 version. Since PS4 version came out a month early, players have had a month to rip into it and provide all the good, bad and ugly reviews of it...which I would assume will have a pretty large impact on the total PC sales.
    I think what will help PC sells is the people who buy it via WoW gold. Like you said the Ps4/XB1 version came out a month early and now people have had time to see the game. So the current state of the game could have made some people decide to wait.

It isn't going to matter how many buy it, If they can't keep people playing it tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You cancel your event rather then simply disabling/refunding the problematic dance?

Can your system somehow not handle that action?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And some people, like me, who were super excited about the PC release are now not even going to bother with it given the current reviews and statements on it and how shallow it is. The game still looks amazing and I will buy it eventually, but I'm not about to drop $50+ dollars for it when it's so shallow and there's other games/ things out there to do that provide more value.
    Same here, was planning to get it at PC launch but after watching how quick Gothalion burned through content, and knowing that I tend to go pretty hard on a new launch, I can't justify getting it for the limited content it provides.

Might pick it up after several expansions, assuming they add enough stuff to keep you busy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You cancel your event rather then simply disabling/refunding the problematic dance?

Can your system somehow not handle that action?
    I think the problem is the bolded word there
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to take the risk myself, purchased Destiny 2 for PC earlier. Looked at some playthrough on Youtube.. got all the way to part 3 before I realized it was from Destiny (1), would have liked to see it as well, but sadly it's not available on PC.

Haven't really followed the news, but we'll see how it'll end up. I have bad habit of purchasing games/expansions and leaving them for ages before coming back to them.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is the bolded word there
    Any chance you could condense your moaning down to at least 2 posts a page. Rather than 5+ posts a page.

I know you're gonna say block me or are we only allowed to say positive things but it's the fact you dominate the entire thread with your constant moaning. Seriously gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Any chance you could condense your moaning down to at least 2 posts a page. Rather than 5+ posts a page.

I know you're gonna say block me or are we only allowed to say positive things but it's the fact you dominate the entire thread with your constant moaning. Seriously gets boring.
    Stop reading it then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop reading it then?
    You tried using the ignore feature? It does shit when every 2nd post is you.

Was worth a shot asking....

You tried using the ignore feature? It does shit when every 2nd post is you.

Was worth a shot asking....
    There is something I know u can add to adblock/ublock that removes the white box's. I can't fully remember how but I am sure someone can tell you how if u really want to ignore me that bad.

You can chose to not read my posts even without putting me on ignore. Just don't read them.

Welcome to the Destiny thread where we have discussion's about Destiny

7+ Year Old Account
    There is something I know u can add to adblock/ublock that removes the white box's. I can't fully remember how but I am sure someone can tell you how if u really want to ignore me that bad.

You can chose to not read my posts even without putting me on ignore. Just don't read them.

Welcome to the Destiny thread where we have discussion's about Destiny
    I don't actually care if you hate the game. You're welcome to tell everyone you hate it till the end of time. At least you learned to talk with your wallet and cancel your PC copy. Well done. That is progress. Money talks far more than posting on forums. I'm nearly proud of you for figuring that out.

Just take a look at this page in the thread and ask yourself why are you still posting the same shit in 7 posts on one page. Maybe you have an unhealthy obsession with this game?

I don't actually care if you hate the game. You're welcome to tell everyone you hate it till the end of time. At least you learned to talk with your wallet and cancel your PC copy. Well done. That is progress. Money talks far more than posting on forums. I'm nearly proud of you for figuring that out.

Just take a look at this page in the thread and ask yourself why are you still posting the same shit in 7 posts on one page. Maybe you have an unhealthy obsession with this game?
    Can you quote me on where I said I hated the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you quote me on where I said I hated the game?
    Ill wait for Dope danny and Zephyr to show up, its been one whole day since you guys had your little circle action on it. They shouldnt be far away.

Ill wait for Dope danny and Zephyr to show up, its been one whole day since you guys had your little circle action on it. They shouldnt be far away.
    So you can't quote me saying I hated the game? The game I put 56 hours into?

Ill make you a deal, quote me on where I said (I Hate Destiny 2 and Everything About It) and ill stop posting in this thread.

(Can't use this post since that is just a example)

Alright, dudes. Let's stick to discussing the game please, this bickering isn't remotely productive and is derailing any chance for actual discussion. Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you can't quote me saying I hated the game? The game I put 56 hours into?

Ill make you a deal, quote me on where I said (I Hate Destiny 2 and Everything About It) and ill stop posting in this thread.

(Can't use this post since that is just a example)
    I dont actually want you to stop posting. Just to mix it up a bit. Trust me people know your opinion, and dope/zephyrs opinion on it. You don't need to tell us 5000 times that end game is lacking longevity

Who doesn't know about the current lack of end game options if they have been following destiny 2?

No discussion of the up coming power bump after PC version is released because its not that far fetched bungie have been waiting for the PC crowd to catch up to the console users, then they start releasing the updates. Its also likely we will get the first DLC announcement after the PC version is released because christmas is drawing closer

So yes theres a current lull in the game waiting for its PC release, so get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright, dudes. Let's stick to discussing the game please, this bickering isn't remotely productive and is derailing any chance for actual discussion. Thanks.
    didnt see this before my last post. Said my bit.

The negative nancies can carry on now.

No discussion of the up coming power bump after PC version is released because its not that far fetched bungie have been waiting for the PC crowd to catch up to the console users, then they start releasing the updates. Its also likely we will get the first DLC announcement after the PC version is released because christmas is drawing closer
    Because all of this has been talked about and its even known when the first DLC is dropping (Dec 5th.)
    https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-dlc-e...-release-date/

It was a given that about a month or slightly more after the PC release the first DLC was dropping. But this is something you would already known if you fallowed the thread and not just complain about other peoples opinions.

Bungie has even openly stated they want the PC Patch's and Console Patch's to drop at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I can't wait to see all the enthusiastic pc players pissed off in 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Lol, I know right? I feel like it will be even worse because a lot of the PC players who never played Destiny 1 are coming from actual MMO backgrounds. They're going to be livid when they run out of worthwhile shit to do in one to two weeks.
    I am sure they will be mad, but being one myself, I just dont see me posting the same shit over and over for 50 pages.... Maybe just go play something else, you already stated you are not happy with the game, and what you find lacking, heck there is even evidence supporting you guys in the fact that the player numbers is tumbeling, but crying here about the same shit wont fix it. I am going to get a good amount of hours in till it becomes boring, then just go play something else, maybe go back to the division, I will even come here and say if i am not happy with the game, just to give you the chance to say "told you so" but please page after page after page of endless crying just gets annoying after a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I expect to have a very nice initial experience then find myself "done" with the game and waiting for new stuff.

Which, honestly, to me looks more good than bad - but it's just me with very little time to play. For someone who can dedicate hours and hours each day on games i can understand why they're already bored of the game.
    This is what I'm expecting as well, which lines up well with the probable timing of the next wow patch.

I always have plenty of shows and other games to catch up on as well, so having 1 not require a full time investment isn't exactly off putting. Funnily enough it was wod that got me into this groove, I got really comfortable being able to just jump into a game get what I need and then jump onto the next one.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    I am sure they will be mad, but being one myself, I just dont see me posting the same shit over and over for 50 pages.... Maybe just go play something else, you already stated you are not happy with the game, and what you find lacking, heck there is even evidence supporting you guys in the fact that the player numbers is tumbeling, but crying here about the same shit wont fix it. I am going to get a good amount of hours in till it becomes boring, then just go play something else, maybe go back to the division, I will even come here and say if i am not happy with the game, just to give you the chance to say "told you so" but please page after page after page of endless crying just gets annoying after a time.
    Then don’t come into the thread if it bothers you that much. Problem solved.

Whining aside, here's some new details from the TwitchCon panel today:
    Where was it?
    https://www.twitch.tv/twitchconcoolcat

TL;DR -
    - Torch has been passed from team who made Destiny 2 to the team that is maintaining it aka the Live Team.
    - Live Team's goals:
    - New reasons to keep playing
    - New pursuites, rituals, and challenges.
    - And more..
    - Examples: Iron Banner, Faction Rally's, etc.

- Expansion 1 - Winter 2017 aka Osiris DLC
    - Seasons:
    - Max level so that old/smaller clans have a chance vs only larger more active clans to dominate. Keeps everything on a more fair level.
    - Seasons have themes associated with them. They take feedback from the community for adding and adjusting things such as new emotes, rewards, etc.
    - Goals:
    - More predictable time tables (what to expect and when)
    - Destiny 2 year 1: 4 seasons
    - Make big changes to the game
    - Sandbox tuning, new features, more content
    - Big patches to change the meta, etc.
    - Meant so you don't feel like you have to play Destiny ALL the time.
    - Season 2: The Dawning will make a return shortly after the launch.
    - Ice Hockey will be enabled
    - Other Easter Eggs
    - You can have snowball fights
    - Event affects will be throughout the world, not just the social space.
    - Armor preview
    - Armor, Weapons, Shaders, and possibly emotes will come
    - Iron Banner - What Bungie Learned:
    - 1,500 YEARS worth of time played between all guardians.
    - Learned how we interacted with the loot system. Will be changes to loot such as letting us direct purchase guns via tokens and legendary shards.
    - The token economy is not always the best way for everything.
    - Unlock ornaments via gameplay vs tokens for some events in the future.
    - Heard community feedback of wanting rewards more meaningful.
    - One more Iron Banner in Season 1.
    - For Season 2, there will be an ornaments slot requiring an objective to unlock to show that you completed a limited event objective.
    - Some new gear
    - Perks and stats will be updated.
    - There will be a complimentary energy and kinetic weapon so you can have one of each.
    - Trials of The Nine
    - There will be ornaments as well, not shown yet but "They look really cool"
    - Updated weapons, both visual look and perks
    - Faction Rally
    - Data was tallied cross-platform.
    - One more in Season 1
    - Screenshot
    - For Season 2 there will be changes to promote playing with a fireteam more vs just solo.

Season 2
    - Facton Rally
    - Faction Rally Armor can be earned by just playing and repping your faction.
    - Dead Orbit
    - NM
    - FWC
    - Weapons

- Clarion Call:
    - When: Before end of Season 1
    - Double XP while playing activities with your Fireteam
    - Pilot: Clan collaboration required
    - Screenshot

- Bright Engrams
    - All the emotes, and other rewards from it will be updated and changed
    - New Mic Drop emote

- Fun Fact: Bungie has a recording studio that they record the emotes.
    - New transmat effects
    - Exotic Ships
    - Exotic Sparrows
    - Ghosts
    - Shaders
    - Shaders stay season over season (Unless Bungie adjusts down the line, no plays at the moment)
    - They heard our feedback over deleting shaders in mass - On the to do list.
    - Armor
    - Changes in bright engrams when season changes
    - New armor with new seasons
    - Crucible Maps
    - When certain rituals complete special maps goes live to entire circulation - Example
    - Such as the Trials of Nine map, Raid themed map, Shores of time themed from Destiny 1, etc.

Sandbox Tuning
    - What is the sandbox? The playable space.
    - Diagnosing the Meta - Data view
    - They have data on basically everything you do such as most played subclass, weapon, what bullets fired from what weapon, usage of basically everything in game.

Clans
    - Clan rank resets at Season 2
    - New perks to earn, targeted at what the game goals are (based on the Season themes)
    - Clan rewards
    - You can change the staff/bar in the middle based on clan rewards from seasons.
    - Clan engram updates
    - Make sure loot pool updates

More Info
    - Bungie will be at Paris Games Weeknext week
    https://Twitch.tv/Bungie will be going live soonTM with more info
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveal_seasons/