Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

After the Confederate States fell, they found Jefferson Davis, the President of the Confederacy, dressed as a woman trying to escape to the West were pockets of Confederate resistance remained.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Jefferson Davis was a terrible president and leader so whatever. At the same time it wasn't totally his fault the Confederacy failed as he was basically forced into a position both he and nobody else wanted.

They can change the name of the school from one bad president to another bad president. It doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well yeah i said it was cliched, but a, my mom marched with him and b, my last name is king. He was a great guy.
    MLK was a great guy.

The people in the community seem to feel that Obama is also a great guy though.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You've been posting all day on a weekday. Great use of company time and resources champ :-P
    When else am I going to post? On a weekend when I have better things to do?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Why would you name the school after someone who is still living?

That's bad business.
    lol

Not only are there George Bush Elementary & High Schools out there, there is a Barbara Bush Elementary School.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

After the Confederate States fell, they found Jefferson Davis, the President of the Confederacy, dressed as a woman trying to escape to the West were pockets of Confederate resistance remained.
    He was not dressed as a woman this is a myth. He was wearing a covering that was common at the time for those feeling sick. Which he was at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    MLK was a great guy.

The people in the community seem to feel that Obama is also a great guy though.
    I don't think he is, but I'm still glad he won over the repubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Obama isn't divisive. Racists and the Right wing news machine had to labor to MAKE him into a divisive idea. His policies were pretty middle of the road. Progressive, but hardly radical.

Aaaand then you have President pussy grabber.
    Obamacare was a bust based on a lie (Keep your doctor and policy if you want). The National Defense Authorization Act took a massive dump on the Fifth Amendment. After campaigning on getting rid of the Patriot Act (The only thing I agreed with him on), he extended it instead.

And he was divisive. He spent a large part of his second term turning people against each other based on race baiting identity politics.

I would put him down as the worst president ever if FDR and Jackson didn't exist. Atrocities still outweigh really bad decisions.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2017-10-21 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Martin Luther King wasn't trash like Obama.
    Let me guess "obama promised we could keep our doctors"

Get the fuck over it, he was a great president. Martin Luther king streets are code for gang / hood territory. Anytime you name anything MLK anything it's basically like a beacon to trashing up the city.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Obamacare was a bust based on a lie (Keep your doctor and policy if you want). The National Defense Authorization Act took a massive dump on the Fifth Amendment. After campaigning on getting rid of the Patriot Act (The only thing I agreed with him on), he extended it instead.

And he was divisive. He spent a large part of his second term turning people against each other based on race baiting identity politics.

I would put him down as the worst president ever if FDR and Jackson didn't exist. Atrocities still outweigh really bad decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I don't think he is, but I'm still glad he won over the repubs.
    It's not your school...so what you think of Obama doesn't really matter.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually really hilarious

Though I do think naming schools/streets/etc after political figures who are still alive is a little strange if they didn't in some way contribute to that school/street/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

A worse president than a literal traitor to the united states, as Jefferson Davis was?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's actually really hilarious

Though I do think naming schools/streets/etc after political figures who are still alive is a little strange if they didn't in some way contribute to that school/street/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

A worse president than a literal traitor to the united states, as Jefferson Davis was?
    I said I understand the change, but changing it to Obama seems really stupid. Change it to something like Eisenhower, or Roosevelt (Teddy, not FDR) if you really need a Presidential name.

Both of those are usually well respected Presidents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said I understand the change, but changing it to Obama seems really stupid. Change it to something like Eisenhower, or Roosevelt (Teddy, not FDR) if you really need a Presidential name.

Both of those are usually well respected Presidents.
    You DO know that FDR is a well-respected president as well, right? Like, right up there with Washington and Lincoln?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

a) Again, It's their school....not yours.
    b) Obama is a well respected President
    c) You really don't see the symbolic "Fuck You" that changing the school's name from the Confederate President to America's First Black President is?

Good. Sorry Davis, you lost.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Tamir Rice, 12 year old with a toy gun on a playground.
    Philando Castile, licensed firearm owner who had a gun in his glove box and warned the officer about it as legally required.
    Jordan Edwards, unarmed 15 year old shot while he was sitting in a car that was driving AWAY from the cops.
    Walter Scott, shot in the back WHILE RUNNING AWAY from an officer.
    Patrick Harmon, mentally ill, shot in the back while running away from the cops who stopped him because his bicycle was missing a light. This barely made the news https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...olice-shooting

Dude, this is just stuff off the top of my head.

Nobody protests if a criminal with a gun gets shot. That's...that's what we call reasonable use of force. The problem is when people keep shot or killed because the cops "felt threatened" when there was no fucking threat, or worse people are fucking running away from them!
    And, most importantly, nobody reports it when a white guy/kid has the exact same thing happen to them when they're being a fucktard. You know, just like how 99.99% of all cops aren't corrupt or do something stupid. But hey, you don't see them in the news very often (or when you do, it's just a "fluff piece" not worth mentioning), ergo they're all evil, corrupt monsters!!!

You're the epitome of the "if I didn't see or hear about it, it never happened!"

And sure, there's a lot more black people in jail than white people when taking into consideration the population difference. But do you know what the actual reason for that is? Hint: Most white people don't try to live a "gangsta" lifestyle. Unlike a grossly disproportionate percentage of the black populace.

So yes. If you act like a fucking thug, live in a disgusting neighborhood full of crime, and do something fucking stupid because "dem pigs DISRESPECTIN' MEH!" then you deserve what you get. Whether that's being shot, tasered, or thrown in jail for being the shitheel of society that YOU are.

(And guess what! There's plenty of white people just like that, and guess what, they get treated exactly the same fucking way. Just not as huge a portion of the white population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Good. Sorry Davis, you lost.
    Indeed. On that note, I really don't get these southerns who get so righteously proud about wanting to fly Confederate flags. If they want to be historically accurate, this is the flag of the confederacy they SHOULD be flying:

Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Why would you name the school after someone who is still living?

That's bad business.
    Yeah, this. You shouldn't name things, especially important things, after still living people. I was surprised a while ago when I got a Euro in my change by accident, and did a little research and found the guy on the coin was that country's still living king. What if he was exposed as a criminal in some big way and disgraced? I dunno about you, but I'd be very very worried if my school was named after OJ and then I had to rename it after he was arrested the first time.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well it is a creative choice. After all MLK has been done to death in terms of school names. Malcolm X, while interesting and also dead would probably be too risky for some people. Though I thought it was customary to name them after the deceased?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'd be very very worried if my school was named after OJ and then I had to rename it after he was arrested the first time.
    I'd be more worried if my school was named after a traitor to my country as a giant "fuck you" to African Americans.