Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    WTB something like this. Have to sail in-between the islands. Flight paths only work from and to the mainland and within each zone.

Id love this and the smaller island have like some sort of cool exploration to them, its not just there for viewing but also actually something to do on it. like a WQ or something secretive.

WTB something like this. Have to sail in-between the islands. Flight paths only work from and to the mainland and within each zone.
    I bet that would be cool at first but would get old really fast depending on the boat speed/time required, else its just a glorified alt tab imma going and watch a youtube video real quick simulator, with autowalk just like flying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I bet that would be cool at first but would get old really fast depending on the boat speed/time required, else its just a glorified alt tab imma going and watch a youtube video real quick simulator, with autowalk just like flying now.
    Depends entirely on how fast the ships are and how much distance there is between the zones. People also alt-tab on their flying mounts so I don't see that as a valid argument.

Depends entirely on how fast the ships are and how much distance there is between the zones. People also alt-tab on their flying mounts so I don't see that as a valid argument.
    No the crux of the matter is that it needs to be a compeling gameplay element, i dont know, boat world quests with boat combat or something like that it needs to be interactive and not simply transportational, or else we would be better off with just a glorifieing teleporter like the Vindicaar now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to bed up at 5am. Posting this so I know where I left off today.

Oh and Naga race is totally happening. Side saddle.

You guys are welcome if I restarted the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I expect the boats to be instant transportation, at least to ports you already know. The first few times (maybe once per island), there may be skippable cutscenes showing the boat moving out of port or something, but not anything more than that.

Class halls combined with Vindicaar is what I imagine. Move to zones but it would be maybe a quick load screen like how when you take boats/zeppelins it shows your path to your destination. Mission table/new followers as your crew. Make it customizable like how Vindicaar upgraded. Maybe change color of the boat/sails/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Class halls combined with Vindicaar is what I imagine. Move to zones but it would be maybe a quick load screen like how when you take boats/zeppelins it shows your path to your destination. Mission table/new followers as your crew. Make it customizable like how Vindicaar upgraded. Maybe change color of the boat/sails/etc.
    I'd like an option to start with a basic boat based on your faction, and be able to capture other boats to comandeer. (Plus, of course, customize colors, sails, flag and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If this is still canon, then WoW has massively dropped the ball on Ogres.

WoW painted Ogres as dumb brutes who live in caves and possibly eat their own excrement. Unless they're born with two heads, then they're an insane mage.
    As already stated, Chronicle Volume 2 is actually what reinforced this bit of lore.

But I agree. I'm pretty sure they even said we'd see smarter ogres in Warlords of Draenor because it's before they were messed up by the fall of Draenor or the rise of the Horde or something like that, but that got messed up as well.

You can see with Mar'gok's short story and the ogre in Grom's Lords of War that they wanted to do that. Both of those characters fall to their own arrogance, but they're by no means stupid and they can speak perfectly fine. But it's like the people populating the world didn't get that memo and wrote the majority of ogres to still be "me smash". However, it definitely seems that, at this point, Blizzard wants ogres to have some hidden depths, even if they're bad at portraying them (I mean, Cho'gall's new backstory and full history makes him extremely clever with no external influence; he even joined the Void out of his own free will and not because he was tricked or corrupted).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    parrot mount? DO WANT
    Nope before that we get that sweeeeeet Snail mount!

Did I miss something what's this talk of a parrot mount is it just people talking about that Hearthstone card again?

Edit about the turtles. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63900/toortle-wider#sounds
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-10-21 at 04:01 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Did I miss something what's this talk of a parrot mount is it just people talking about that Hearthstone card again?

Edit about the turtles. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63900/toortle-wider#sounds
    Appears people were talking about Marle in the middle of a talk about the datamined Horse and Raptor and... well.... we're all very confused now.

Also that character looks AMAZING(ly cute).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So... What do you guys think about the "3 new race" threat leaking 3 new race in the next expac by Jaylock ?
    Is it a troll?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Basically what happened was some posted a fake database shot for "8.0.0 ROTL"

Leading people to think that ROTL is the acronym of the next expansion.

Where it falls apart is

A) There was no data pushed live to the beta servers, so there is no "8.0.0 ROTL" database.

B) We know that Kul'tiras is involved, and that leak had us going to the Ethereal homeworld.

C) It claims Dimentius (A Void Lord) is a Titan.
    got it

but gees it would be a bad acronym, can't find a good name, and everything with return sounds bad as fuck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    So... What do you guys think about the "3 new race" threat leaking 3 new race in the next expac by Jaylock ?
    Is it a troll?
    sadly yes

we had a leak sometime ago who featured 3 races too, vrykul to alliance, ogres to horde and Drakonid neutral

It was the beast leak

I forgot who wrote it, but I am a fan of the idea that Tottle is a Tortollan. They certainly would fit in an island xpac because islands also generally = jungles.

And I definitely could see Un’goro being part of at least pre xpac events with A. It’s right beside Silithus B. Being so involved with titans and Old Gods. Could put Tortollans in a revamped Un’goro.

Not as playable characters but just as random new npc race like Saberon in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Is it a troll?
    It's Jaylock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I forgot who wrote it, but I am a fan of the idea that Tottle is a Tortollan. They certainly would fit in an island xpac because islands also generally = jungles.

And I definitely could see Un’goro being part of at least pre xpac events with A. It’s right beside Silithus B. Being so involved with titans and Old Gods. Could put Tortollans in a revamped Un’goro.

Not as playable characters but just as random new npc race like Saberon in WoD.
    I won't lie, Tortollans are one of the few races I might be willing to play over Blood Elves.

Just because they'd be so new that you can really do whatever you want with them. And they fill a niche that neither faction really has for a more... native race.

I think Tortollans theoretically could be a race but I’m just hesitant to think, until I see it happen, that Hearthstone could add major lore before WoW (barring N’zoth’s model).

The limited amount of lore added on Tortollans, they aren’t a joke race like some of the other things in Hearthstone, but still not sure they’d add something major from HS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I think Tortollans theoretically could be a race but I’m just hesitant to think, until I see it happen, that Hearthstone could add major lore before WoW barring N’zoth’s model.

The limited amount of lore added on Tortollans, they aren’t a joke race like some of the other things in Hearthstone, but still not sure they’d add something major from HS.
    Yeah there's one major thing that holds me back from saying they have a real shot.

The fact that basically every other new race has been seen in WC3 or a prior WoW expansion, and the way the Devs talk about Hearthstone as being entirely split off from WoW.

The new models for female High Elves are so sexy <3

Ya, even though I think both Un’goro and Gadgetzan from HS would fit thematically for in WoW (well, mostly for Gadget), I’ll believe it when I see it.