7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    Ghost horse could be a Shadowlands horse. Like the DK one.
    Thing is, the most widespread assumption is that the sounds belong to a encrypted mount called the Seabraid Stallion, speculated to be Kul'Tiras related, which would indicate that there is undeath going around KulTriras,
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They don't need to turn Sylvanas evil, she's already there. Unless you don't consider raising others into something you considered a fate worse than death evil
    That was before WotLK. All that slaves to this torment shit. She actually commited suicide but saw that death really is freakin worse than anything so after the Valkyr brought her back the new attitude is: Undeath is infinitely more awesome than death and I will do anything to make sure I don't die permanently. Also I need to solve the extinction of the Forsaken.

Sure she doesn't ask for permission before raising people but after it happened they are all free to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    That was before WotLK. All that slaves to this torment shit. She actually commited suicide but saw that death really is freakin worse than anything so after the Valkyr brought her back the new attitude is: Undeath is infinitely more awesome than death and I will do anything to make sure I don't die permanently. Also I need to solve the extinction of the Forsaken.

Sure she doesn't ask for permission before raising people but after it happened they are all free to go.
    I'm still going to laugh if all she saw was visions from the Old Gods to make her fear death and lead her to do what she has done thus far.

Could happen... We shall see.

7+ Year Old Account

This could actually make a good basis for a shadolands expac with Sylvanas as the main protagonist. Since most don't complain after she raises them. We venture in the shadowlands (and even deeper, into the WC hell Arthas mentioned) and experience the terrors the dead see, shedding us more light on Helya/Sylvanas. Could also allow them to re-use the souls of old bosses and just fully deform them into some creatures of death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    This could actually make a good basis for a shadolands expac with Sylvanas as the main protagonist. Since most don't complain after she raises them. We venture in the shadowlands (and even deeper, into the WC hell Arthas mentioned) and experience the terrors the dead see, shedding us more light on Helya/Sylvanas. Could also allow them to re-use the souls of old bosses and just fully deform them into some creatures of death
    Count me the fuck in. We were robbed of a chance for a legit ED expansion, but to go to the freakin underworld would be amazing. I wouldn't even comlain about seeing old friends like Garrosh and Kael'Thas again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1G1GbWgHA

Just two questions:

1. Could the portal to the Shadowlands be around Kul Tiras?

2. Ippen shinde miru?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I'm still going to laugh if all she saw was visions from the Old Gods to make her fear death and lead her to do what she has done thus far.

Could happen... We shall see.
    Well she did it Icecrown Citadel. Yoggie bear was supposedly dead at that point already, but old gods have a weird relationship with death. Who knows?

EDIT: Holy shit I've got it. A way to reconcile all the undead stuff and the lack of space in Kul Tiras for a huge continent.

The void supporters open a freakin portal to the Shadowlands somewhere near Kul Tiras (preferrably with the artifact weapons and/or the pillars of creation) to get back the souls of Yogg-Saron and Y'shaarj.

- Void: check
    - South Seas: check
    - New contient: definitely
    - Ghost horse: yep
    - Continuation of Syvalans story: Mhmmm
    - Jaina important: Definitely. Her hometown after all.
    - Dragons: Well Dragon isle is near Kul Tiras
    - Naga: They are the biggest void supporters now so most likely yes
    - Vol'Jin's story continuing: Well we ARE going to the Shadowlands
    - WotLK 2.0: Not really but we are dealing with lots of undead and we might even bum into Arthas down there.

It's a perfect match.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-10-21 at 11:59 AM.

Well she did it Icecrown Citadel. Yoggie bear was supposedly dead at that point already, but old gods have a weird relationship with death. Who knows?
    They don't call him the God of Death for nothin'... Ignore that the title might be self proclaimed! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    At least the Horde takes their genocidal monsters to task, like Garrosh's Orc Nazi Party or Putress the Betrayer. It doesn't excuse their actions or ignore their crimes.
    "We lost the war so we're sorry for coming to your world and trying to wipe out all life, our bad, we're square now leave us alone." Is not a very valid excuse. Of course the humans went after them, were they supposed to just go "Yeah, you do you and rebuild your forces, it's no problem that you exist on this planet soley for the sake of destruction."?

"The Blood Elves" were not used. Kael and his handful of followers (who would go on to betray their own people and work for the Legion) were used in Garithos' plot. You are just making up genocides where they don't exist. An admiral in the military fighting the enemy who has been attacking them for decades is also not "genocide", and at the point where you think attacking someone who is helping your enemy is "genocide" I'm starting to question if you even have any idea what the word means.

The High Elves changed their name in the wake of the majoirty of their people being slaughtered by Arthas. Not because Garithos tried to off their prince and his direct forces.

"I-it wasn't us, it was our leaders" and "I-it wasn't us, it was this specific group of our faction" stops being a valid excuse when it happens again, and again, and again, and the entire time the Horde heroes are happily chugging along helping those groups develop and test the plague and build massive bombs and do other scummy shit. It is hilarious that you are pointing to Rodgers and Garithos as examples of why humanity is bad "B-but the Orcs just want peace and the fact that just before that, when uninhibited, they slaughtered an entire planet of peaceful people and then went looking for more people to kill doesn't count!"

The Forsaken did nothing wrong! They just tried to make their own place in the world.... by slaughtering innocent farmers in Tirisfal, and the Western Plaguelands, and trying to wipe out the scarlet crusade, who had every right to be there. Why are humans so racist against them! Why aren't undead allowed to just kill people and develop biological weapons in peace! All they want to do is kill innocent mages outside of Dalaran for treasure, and slaughter farmers in Hillsbrad to take the land and plague bomb southshore! Humans are so genocidal, wtf!

No, Forsaken are not given a choice. That is made clear later in Silverpine where the people of Fenris Isle become Worgen because the Horde player and Val'kyr are killing them and forcibly raising them as ""loyal"" members of the Forsaken. "B-but it's okay to kill people and enslave their bodies, because the body isn't concious anymore!"

At least the Horde takes their genocidal monsters to task, like Garrosh's Orc Nazi Party or Putress the Betrayer. It doesn't excuse their actions or ignore their crimes.
    I guess that's why the Royal Apothecary Society is gon--
    I guess that's why after the shit the orcs pulled in Icecrown Garrosh was demo-- oh wait, he was made warchief?
    I guess that's why Sylvanas is dea-- oh wait, she was made warchief?

Please. The Horde didn't do shit to Garrosh until he started causing casualties to his own faction. They were perfectly willing to let everything he did go, and the shady crap Sylvanas was doing in Silverpine was enough that even Garrosh told her to cut it out. I will also go ahead and remind you that the HORDE did not take him to task, because the HORDE could not even get through the front door of the city. The Night Elves came in and actually did something other than run into a giant scorpion to die by the dozens.

Horde apologists are disgusting. Killing innocents across multiple kingdoms is fine if you're "just trying to find your place in the world uwu".

Nightborne going Horde is awful writing.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-21 at 12:02 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I say we should be able to discuss faction war speculation pertaining to 8.0

So yeah, I see no problem with the discussion of in game politics, races, sub-races, and the like... As long as it fits the "8.0 Speculation" formula.

Edit - Forgot to mention, make sure to remain respectful, I like the passion you guys have for your faction, but try not to take it personally!
    I'm actually pretty neutral on the factions. I play Horde and Alliance on Wyrmrest and Moon Guard, respectively, and have 110s on either server. If I had a half-decent alliance raiding guild I'd probably spend more time on Moon Guard than I do...

But yeah. Both sides are pretty terrible is what I'm getting at. Every past conflict has shown that both are willing to do awful stuff, with the Horde being given the dirtier hand on account of the Disney Standard, but to show they're not -entirely- awful, the writers show contrition and response to wrongdoings by members of the Horde as a matter of course. So for the Nightborne, I don't think there'd be a truly marked difference in viewing the two sides, beyond the Disney Standard which they've been shown to hold to at least -some- degree as haughty pretty elves from a city of pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nightborne going Horde is awful writing.
    Playable Nightborne have been mostly debunked dozens of pages ago by Simca.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I'm actually pretty neutral on the factions. I play Horde and Alliance on Wyrmrest and Moon Guard, respectively, and have 110s on either server. If I had a half-decent alliance raiding guild I'd probably spend more time on Moon Guard than I do...

But yeah. Both sides are pretty terrible is what I'm getting at. Every past conflict has shown that both are willing to do awful stuff, with the Horde being given the dirtier hand on account of the Disney Standard, but to show they're not -entirely- awful, the writers show contrition and response to wrongdoings by members of the Horde as a matter of course. So for the Nightborne, I don't think there'd be a truly marked difference in viewing the two sides, beyond the Disney Standard which they've been shown to hold to at least -some- degree as haughty pretty elves from a city of pretty.
    I feel like you are still very blatantly ignoring the person who is in charge of the Horde right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    That makes more sense than either faction. They have their own crap to worry about.

But Simca's analysis seems slightly off-base.
    The Nightborne were implemented "as creature models" but those models are AFAIK quite literally the Night Elf model with an alternate animation set. All they would have to do is switch the textures over to the real Night Elf Model.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-21 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Good. That makes more sense than either faction. They have their own crap to worry about.
    Basically would require more work on the models or a rework.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Yeah, I read it as edited above. But not actually all that true.

Erm... That does not mean they are debunked. That only means what he said... It's highly unlikely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Erm... That does not mean they are debunked. That only means what he said... It's highly unlikely.
    In that case RotL is also not debunked, since Parrot said while it's photoshoped the source isn't known sou it could still have some truth.

(And yes I am switching from races once again to RotL, I don't care. If we're re visiting stuff we could at least switch it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    In that case RotL is also not debunked, since Parrot said while it's photoshoped the source isn't known sou it could still have some truth.

(And yes I am switching from races once again to RotL, I don't care. If we're re visiting stuff we could at least switch it up.)
    The data page shown was said to be photoshopped by Parrot. But yes, he said he might be wrong about it not being true, but he also said they would have had to have obtained it elsewhere, since it was not sent to the clients we have.

Essentially someone working with Blizz's systems would have to have gotten that info from one of their computers or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nah, the thing is that you can give the nightborne skin to the night elf model, the last Thalyssra model (the one you see in the cinematic where she watches the Legion attack her city) could do just that.

The current ones don't work, that's a given. But we don't know what kind of work they've been doing behind the scenes. I feel like if there's two sub races that fit in with the story right now, and that is the Nightborne and the Lightforged Draenei.

As we saw in 7.3, they suddenly modified the Draenei model and made Lightforged ones with new horns, hairstyles and skin tones and then applied some of that to the Man'ari, I'd say that is a bit strange as we've had Man'ari through the whole Legion expansion.

So unless they're joining us as NPCs next expansion, I think it's safe to say they'll becoming the sub race for Draenei.
    Silgryn also use the night elf male animations in 7.3.

But we'll see, I think sub races will be the big selling point for 8.0, but question is if they'll all be updated for launch or if they'll be updated over time like the blood elf model did.

They've tripled their team since WoD too and they outsource a lot from what I hear.

Deleted
    So back to RotL okay, here is a rather poetic title to the story idea I posted above: Ripples on the Lake

As for the subrace list, it has Naga in it so it's pretty much impossible to be true. That will not happen 100%

Thats why I said MOSTLY debunked, not 100% debunked bruh.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

So back to RotL okay, here is a rather poetic title to the story idea I posted above: Ripples on the Lake
    You think you're funny, don't you? I'll not indulge you further.

Thats why I said MOSTLY debunked, not 100% debunked bruh.
    In defense of the idea, none of the newly added races ever had a competent model prior to the expansion they were added in.

As for the subrace list, it has Naga in it so it's pretty much impossible to be true. That will not happen 100%
    You are wrong once again, the naga ID information differs from the newer races such as Nightborne and Lightforged races. This alone takes at least 1% away from your "will not happen 100%" idea.
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2017-10-21 at 12:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The data page shown was said to be photoshopped by Parrot. But yes, he said he might be wrong about it not being true, but he also said they would have had to have obtained it elsewhere, since it was not sent to the clients we have.

Essentially someone working with Blizz's systems would have to have gotten that info from one of their computers or something.
    I stated it before in this thread, but while I don't think it's true, it's possible that it was from the build they're installing on the Demo machines at Blizzcon and someone re-created something he saw (using software available to him) during setup and testing if the maps would load(because they might get to see the databases in order to know which map to TP to).