Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is more like 10 years of complaints that they keep making the game antisocial. Where have YOU been?
    Appearing offline is not being anti-social. It is no different to leaving the phone off the hock or not answering your call phone call. People just want time for their own stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

This issue is one of those things where most forum goers will disagree with but you MUST ignore forums because forums are traditionally filled with antisocial people. The opinion on THIS matter is very biased on forums. You cannot listen to people who want this feature. Ever.
    Just like you and me then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally didn't even know this was a thing. I never do a thing in the app apart from launching my game of choice. I couldn't care less about who is logged in unless they are playing the game I'm playing. If you want to appear offline jn the app, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Then be mature about it and say you are not interested right now. Sorry but if you don't have the balls for this, then you still need to grow up.
    Nothing to do with balls, lots of things to do with the other side not being mature and refusing to accept a no.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-10-21 at 08:05 AM.

Look at OP. understanding the MMO market. Too bad the new generation feels like they have the right to make MMO's into a singleplayer game because some lone boys/girls can't interact with people.

"My friends are spamming me" or "I am trying to avoid this friend of my" well if this is the case, delete this person.

Sorry but OP is 100% right to be upset about this nonsense feature.
    Hardly, some people like to do content solo for a while and not be bothered by spam, even if you love your friends, you can still get annoyed with them from time to time.

Deleted
    It is not negotiable.
    I beg to differ and I find it useful.

There. Now it's negotiable.

I think it's a good option for when we just want to chill by ourselves. Everyone wants some alone-time sometimes, even in games! It's not like it's something that everyone will keep on 24/7, just when they feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't people see that you're online if they are on your realm?
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Can't people see that you're online if they are on your realm?
    People can see you if your in the same guild or have them as a character friend on your friends list. The only other way is if they know your name and /who it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xynoke View Post
    People can see you if your in the same guild or have them as a character friend on your friends list. The only other way is if they know your name and /who it.
    Yeah, I don't see how that's an issue. Mostly people will use it to hide from folks playing other games.

Deleted
    This feature is made for the Blizzard app, not just for WoW.
    With the introduction of Destiny 2 to the Blizzard app it is becoming clear that blizzard wants to slowly become like every other platform such as steam or origin.
    Thus it is pretty normal to have it.
    You can be social in WoW while appearing offline on the Blizzard app, you'll still be online for your guild and for your character's friends.

This doesn’t effect me cause no one talks to me anyways :3

The ENTIRE point of doing something like the advanced social features added to the Blizzard app is to generate some sort of in-game community. If they follow through with it, they can DRAMATICALLY boost the sub counts in WoW, player activity in D3, etc. Its really a great move. HOWEVER, as I have said a MILLION times over the years, if you EVER give the playerbase an antisocial option, they will all TAKE it and the in-game community will suffer incredibly.

So they are creating these social app features....and then they RUIN it by implementing an appear offline mode. That basically undoes the entire effort. You MUST force people to social. If you force it, they won't do it. And if they don't do it, player activity craters.

Appear offline must be removed. It would be better to let everyone who wants player offline to simply unsub and leave Blizzard games, because the players you draw in with a fully functional in-game community will more than compensate for any losses. But if they allow people to appear offline, then you shoot the app in the foot.

That whole notion where if you don't like it, its not meant for you....or you can't force players to play the way you want...its all invalid. You cannot allow players to be antisocial. It kills the games. Its the reason we dropped from 12 million to 3 million subs. It is not negotiable.
    Antisocial <-----> Asocial
    Antisocial wants to destroy / subvert society.
    Asocial just wants to avoid or doesnt care about social interactions.

Now, on topic, sometimes people just want "alone time" without the hassle of making poor excuses if someone is around and ask you something. That's very normal on this days of ever-connectness (whatssap, mobile, email, social networks, etc.), and that doesn't mean that they don't care about social interaction.

Deleted
    Do not tell me how to play, that's my buisness what i like, not yours. If people want that option, let them have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The "appear offline" was created so people like me can avoid interacting with people like you. You can't force anyone to do anything and your cheap excuse that since we play the same game you are entitled to interact with me is laughable. Its bad enough that we have to tolerate people like you around us now you want us unprotected from your unwerlcome existence. Seriously...
    Now, I'm for the option, but why would you even have somebody like that on your friend's list in the first place? Shouldn't you just not associate with those sorts of people? It sounds to me like you need to clean up your friends list in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The "appear offline" was created so people like me can avoid interacting with people like you. You can't force anyone to do anything and your cheap excuse that since we play the same game you are entitled to interact with me is laughable. Its bad enough that we have to tolerate people like you around us now you want us unprotected from your unwerlcome existence. Seriously...
    "Unprotected" come on, this is just becoming even more silly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

"Unprotected" come on, this is just becoming even more silly
    As i said before, it's the difference between constantly having to shoo people out of your room and just hanging a "Do not disturb" sign on the door and locking it. You're essentially demanding we remove the lock.

The sad part is that you're only offline to the people outside of the game you're in.

This is more like 10 years of complaints that they keep making the game antisocial. Where have YOU been?
    Its laughable to believe WoW is anti social. Try playing GW2 for an hour with all chat tabs open and you'll get less than 100 words said in them, despite there being thousands of players around.

WoW is not anti social at all. It is only anti social if the content is trivial to the point that everyone is watching netflix, or you CHOOSE to be anti social.

BGs are still filled with calls, Arenas need voice chat or communication at the start on WTF target to go. Raids anti social? Fuck off. Dungeons are only anti social if they are trival as said above. Mythic dungeons still have some chat, although a lot of the 'meta' of mythic dungeons is BLOWING SHIT UP AND GOING FAST. You can't do that while TYPING. Why do you think Blizzard keeps implementing voice chat to their game? The GAME is anti social because you refuse to use voice chat? Come on dude.

The only aspect of WoW that is anti social by design is world questing - something that is DESIGNED to be solo. In EVERY OTHER INSTANCE you need to interact with another player or speak with them in order to do something or you will almost certainly fail.

7+ Year Old Account
    gotta be satire. No one is this obtuse.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Deleted
    You MUST force people to social.
    wow. such a control-freak opionion demands appropriate (and sort of concstructive) reaction:

i understand y pl dont want to be ur friends.
    its a mmo, even solo`d it still is social, even if pl interaction is reduced to open world contact. MMOs r social games per se.
    sometimes pl want a lil privacy, y disallow it? they dont game in public or office but in their (private) living room...

when my online-status is DND i dont answer anything (exception: emergencies)