Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Now there's no reason for green blood in videogames ever again either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Blue liquid in ads for panty liners is the hill you want to die on?

...okay lol.
    you're using that metaphor wrong.

I have no stake in or firm stance on anything, im just making fun off the left. (Fitness is offensive! Period blood is not!)

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    you're using that metaphor wrong.

I have no stake in or firm stance on anything, im just making fun off the left. (Fitness is offensive! Period blood is not!)
    Psssssst... the blue liquid in panty liners is not a "left wing issue", it's a rather Victorian convention of TV censorship that people have been making fun of for 30 years.

If anything it's right wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Psssssst... the blue liquid in panty liners is not a "left wing issue", it's a rather Victorian convention of TV censorship that people have been making fun of for 30 years.

If anything it's right wing.
    pssssst....... its not used for the same reason shit and piss are not used in TP and diaper commercials, why blood in not shown in hemorrhoid commercials and semen it not used in condom commercials.

But keep pretending

I've always wondered why we have so many commercials for things like tampons and toilet paper in the first place. It's not like everyone is going to suddenly forget to buy them because a clever jingle didn't tell them to.
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    pssssst....... its not used for the same reason shit and piss are not used in TP and diaper commercials, why blood in not shown in hemorrhoid commercials and semen it not used in condom commercials.
    Yeah, because of people's hangups.

Which are a conservative thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I mean whatever, I can't really think of any bodily substance they show on TV for products, not sure why this specific example is a big deal...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There are various levels of "offended", in case of bleeding it's just unpleasant and I don't see why it should be stuck in front of my face in ads.

Breastfeeding is no problem at all. Any more bets on my personality?
    People bleed so that eventually they can breastfeed a child that came out of the same orifice. Can't see how taking a chip on your shoulder about one but fine with the other is even logical.

We're in a world where people can see blood everywhere. Game of Thrones being a candidate of how people get on with it and demonstrates how people are more affluent. But as soon as it's on an advert it's "unpleasant". Even then over several different platforms of entertainment, blood has been there and even birth for decades.

Your stigma, is the reason why they are doing it. To abolish it being 'gross' because you get desensitised to it. Because it's something that is natural, it's not going to go away because it's 'gross' and shouldn't be a shh shh topic. It's just as stupid as things like men expected not to cry and such. These existing assumptions should and are being put in action to stop.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-10-21 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'll be honest I didn't think women really cared about this
    Shameless PR grab does not mean that women care. They also don't care enough about low cal yogurt to reenact Swanlake every time they eat one.

Deleted
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41666280

I dont really think most women care about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Shameless PR grab does not mean that women care. They also don't care enough about low cal yogurt to reenact Swanlake every time they eat one.
    Twitter has women praising it

Deleted
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41666280

It’s more about the fact that blue liquid was used because red was taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    People bleed so that eventually they can breastfeed a child that came out of the same orifice. Can't see how taking a chip on your shoulder about one but fine with the other is even logical.

We're in a world where people can see blood everywhere. Game of Thrones being a candidate of how people get on with it and demonstrates how people are more affluent. But as soon as it's on an advert it's "unpleasant".
    That some don't care or even enjoy watching people bleed doesn't mean everyone does.

It's easier to accept in movies and you know what to expect when you sit down to watch it but it's still a little disturbing and the same seeing people shit them self when emergency personnel try to help for example.

Why do they need to show any body fluids at all in commercials that show up at any time even during dinner?

Also I'm a little curious if getting more and more used/fine with watching people bleed has any effect on us in the long run, anyone seen a study done on this?

I have a friend that absolutely loves the SAW movies, always been curious if this has affected him in any way, personally I get nauseous watching it and change the channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Maybe use water?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Now there's no reason for green blood in videogames ever again either.
    Last time I played a game with green blood was in Carmageddon way back in 1997, and that was a pirated copy... you poor thing!

I can't believe people cared one way or the other about this.

This is the definition of a not problem no matter which color you support. It's quite literally a waste of effort and time.

May as well just go with this hilarious commercial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No I understand why, I just wasn't aware women cared eitherway - I understand the stupid stigma people have over periods but then again i'm a bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    That some don't care or even enjoy watching people bleed doesn't mean everyone does.

It's easier to accept in movies and you know what to expect when you sit down to watch it but it's still a little disturbing and the same seeing people shit them self when emergency personnel try to help for example.

Why do they need to show any body fluids at all in commercials that show up at any time even during dinner?

Also I'm a little curious if getting more and more used/fine with watching people bleed has any effect on us in the long run, anyone seen a study done on this?

I have a friend that absolutely loves the SAW movies, always been curious if this has affected him in any way, personally I get nauseous watching it and change the channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe use water?
    As I said at the bottom. It's to abolish the stigma you are also commenting on.

Watching gore on a movie is man-made and isn't quite the same as something natural. That natural process isn't going to magically disappear... If it did we're in big trouble. Gorey films is a much more modern flavour. It's only been around in the extreme for a few decades. Women menstruating has been a part of our evolution longer than that.

And also you commenting on changing channels. You can do the same to an advert and with catch up TV, Netflix and our consumption of braodcast means it's changing. You can skip over it. Or in fact, never see it really. Your reasoning is a little uneven when you excuse yourself for SAW films from stipulating "I don't like watching it" and change channels. But having an advert you can do the same with is unacceptable?
    And there's a lot of other broadcast media that can put off people's food. A liquid being red from blue when the advert is already day time is going to somehow make it unaccaptable?

What?

The opposite is why do they not have to then? Because it's "gross"? That's a social conformity that needs to change and has done for other areas. It's what homosexuals had to deal with before it was more acceptable and to be honest, it's a natural progression as much as having a period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I can't believe people cared one way or the other about this.

This is the definition of a not problem no matter which color you support. It's quite literally a waste of effort and time.

May as well just go with this hilarious commercial.

LOL, wha the actual fuck? I guess it gets to the point somewhat.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-10-21 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post

Why do they need to show any body fluids at all

Maybe use water?
    My point proven.

- - - Updated - - -

No I understand why, I just wasn't aware women cared eitherway - I understand the stupid stigma people have over periods but then again i'm a bloke
    Well no matter what, it’s only beneficial to not conform to a stigma like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I've always wondered why they use that blue liquid. It's used for everything from paper towels to toilet paper.
    I assume it originally appeared to protect men from seeing something so "disgusting" considering women don't give a shit about period blood.