Thread: new cpu

Deleted

new cpu

Hello,

I love playing and i would like to start streaming, should i use an AMD ryzen 1700x? or i7 7700k? or wait for the 8700k? this one will be in stock in some months at this rate..

Thanks

If you are on a budget and want to stream now go for the 1700 not the X version.
    If you can wait and want to spend a bit more go for the 8700k.

Deleted
    why not the X?

The problem is... how long will i have to wait for the 8700? i dont mind spending a bit more money on it.. but i dont want to wait too much time..

1-2 Month maybe more. The X version ist just the factory overclocked non X version you can OC it on your own or not.

@ OP what cpu do you have right now? basically for streaming just go for the ryzen 1700. the x version just has a bit better stock clocks but both go to 3.9-4.1 depending on the silicon lottery just like the 1800x. But the reason i'm asking what cpu you have right now is because if it's a decent one i'd advise waiting till next year for 2 reasons. Maybe the cofee lake refresh will bring 8 core to mainstream like the 1700 ryzens and above did, if you prefer intel. The 2d reason would be cause ryzen 2 is also comming out they;ll be bringing their clock speeds up aswell to intel level, which intel is starting to learn that on 8 cores more than 4.5 is quite a pain so they'll be pretty much even level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyresias View Post
    @ OP what cpu do you have right now? basically for streaming just go for the ryzen 1700. the x version just has a bit better stock clocks but both go to 3.9-4.1 depending on the silicon lottery just like the 1800x. But the reason i'm asking what cpu you have right now is because if it's a decent one i'd advise waiting till next year for 2 reasons. Maybe the cofee lake refresh will bring 8 core to mainstream like the 1700 ryzens and above did, if you prefer intel. The 2d reason would be cause ryzen 2 is also comming out they;ll be bringing their clock speeds up aswell to intel level, which intel is starting to learn that on 8 cores more than 4.5 is quite a pain so they'll be pretty much even level.

Where is the info on coffeelake refresh?

Coffee is a kaby refresh with more cores and it was slated for Q1 18' but they dropped them early in limited quantities to stave off AMD sales, The next due out according to Intels roadmap is Cannon and Tiger cpus. and that is sometime Q3 of 2018, maybe Q2 at the earliest depends on AMDs releases and performance.