WoW for tabletop RPG?

I'm kind of curious. Aside from the d20 Warcraft RPG (which, I think, is a decade behind all the changes in WoW?), has anyone adapted recent WoW (lore and character concepts; not necessarily direct ports, but the essences) to a tabletop RPG? Or even favorite iterations of class/specs?

Not necessarily professional/published, but even fan adaptations.

No, sadly

Here is a 5e conversion. I also remember finding one for Dungeon World a while back but I've lost the links. I've seen Warcraft classes for Pathfinder homebrew as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Here is a 5e conversion. I also remember finding one for Dungeon World a while back but I've lost the links. I've seen Warcraft classes for Pathfinder homebrew as well.
    Sadly is very outdated with current lore and is missing so many races and classes and sub-races....

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Sadly is very outdated with current lore and is missing so many races and classes and sub-races....
    Well, it is just to sit down and start working on it then! Chop chop, I believe in you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link. I love reading through RPG rules and systems. I hadn't seen this one.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find any WoW hacks for Dungeon World either - not fairly complete ones, which is pretty surprising, because really it's a very good fit for WoW, much better than rules-heavy stuff designed for games with fundamentally different systems (like D&D or PF, both of which have a basic concept of resource-usage and ability-function which is distinctly at odds with WoW, except perhaps 4E D&D, I mean it still was, but less at-odds).

I'd consider doing a DW one myself but it'd be a bit of an epic undertaking because of the sheer number of races in WoW with the DW concept of racial moves for classes (which WoW initially shared a bit, at least with Priests). I suppose you could abandon that DW concept and give each race just racial moves per se. That's reduce the amount of work. Hmmmm.

I recently got my Dungeon Fantasy Role-Playing Game from the Kickstarter. (DFRPG: A customized version of GURPS for the "kick down the door, kill the orc, loot the pie" style of gameplay.)

I'm wondering if the classes (or at least the specs) could be adapted... It's a very flexible system, but the thought of trying to build resource management (e.g., death knight runes and runic power) is daunting.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I recently got my Dungeon Fantasy Role-Playing Game from the Kickstarter. (DFRPG: A customized version of GURPS for the "kick down the door, kill the orc, loot the pie" style of gameplay.)

I'm wondering if the classes (or at least the specs) could be adapted... It's a very flexible system, but the thought of trying to build resource management (e.g., death knight runes and runic power) is daunting.
    I feel like anything GURPS-derived is going to be a poor fit for something as fantastical as Warcraft. I don't own it (but have played GURPS Fantasy), but I've followed reviews and so on, and as far as I cant tell, fundamentally, it's still GURPS, with point-buy chargen, hexes, 3-second turns, ultra-detailed combat rules (relative to D&D and the like), very low-powered magic, a focus on detailed equipment, and so on. The only real changes seem to cutting the advantages and disadvantages a bit, and going really heavy on the templates for classes and races so players aren't left going "Errrrr..." and flicking through a stack of GURPS books. If there are other major differences, reviews have covered them very poorly, as they've treated it more as a specific presentation of a slightly-cut-down GURPS, not a new system.

If that's right, it'd be near-impossible to replicate even the vibe of WoW. For example, Warrior abilities like Charge or Bloodthirst or Execute or any kind of taunt are pretty much not possible under GURPS rules (or weren't last I played), because GURPS is totally terrible at handling quasi-magical abilities (like something that is both a melee strike and does something weird like heals you).

Equally, spellcasters under GURPS-style rules, with 250-point characters, are going to be pretty weak, and in a very different way to merely being "low level" in WoW.

I had thought about working up some classes myself for DW at one point. My idea was to change the racial abilities into the WoW specs.