Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    I'm not trying to argue that the players havnt become vastly stronger.If the raids of today fought Arthas now he'd probably die like a dungeon boss.The Light ex machina wont be needed since he wont be able to kill the raid.
    But 1v1 ing the Lich King ,even today is suicide,lorewise of course.
    The Lich King has about zero power without Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination. The Helm merely granted him dominion over the Scourge, which even that could be taken by a strong enough foe (Archimonde, for one) or interrupted by a strong enough blow (the Forsaken and Death Knight's were freed this way). Frostmourne is where pretty much all of his frost and shadow magic originated.

So really, it boils down to Frostmourne versus our artifacts. Frostmourne, as we know, is equal to Shadowmourne. This is strict lore; Shadowmourne was crafted to be Frostmourne's equal, and it was. It feasted upon thousands of souls, was imbued with the powers of blood, frost, and unholy. It was crafted from a weapon of pure light adorned with fragments of the Frozen Throne. Mere fragments of souls could manifest for devastating damage through Shadowmourne.

Now, would you argue that our current artifacts after being empowered at our forges and imbued at the Netherlight Crucible aren't stronger than Shadowmourne? The reality is that pretty much all player artifacts are at or above Frostmourne's level of power, and Frostmourne's power is the Lich King's power. That's why it was such a big deal when we discovered he left it unguarded in the Halls of Reflection.

Did I mention we also have these sick pieces of legendary armor now? Let me tell you, 1v1ing the Lich King with my artifact and Prydaz... I don't know that I'd need the second legendary lorewise. Prydaz OP.

TLDR: 1v1ing the Lich King lorewise isn't only NOT suicide, it would be quite doable at our Legion power levels.

Deleted
    No this is not a close fight. Not even close. When we fought the Lich King we were heroes of the factions. We are now among (and sometimes are) the greatest of our classes. Comparing Lich King raid us to legion us is silly. We've grown far more powerful since then.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Just when I thought I was out of these ___ vs ___ threads, they pull me back in to these ___ vs ___ threads!"

- Michael Corleone

I pick neither because these threads are getting old.

A paladin boy with a funny talking sword and spiky helm vs titan

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He didn't have a bigger force he could have sent. Only his Cult of the Damned living followers could even enter the place, and were the only reason he made any headway at all. And even that only worked because he blindsided Freya's avatar since she didn't know he had living followers.

Eonar would roflstomp him in seconds if he can't even get anywhere against an Avatar of a Keeper aligned with her.
    If the Lich King really wanted, he could have send twice, 5x, or even 10x more than what he send. And we don't know how well she would actually do in combat. If you remember, Freya's Avatar needed to call upon Etymidian to fight off the Scourge so this shows that the Etymidian is stronger than her in combat. I'm sure the Lich King can defeat the Avatar of Freya and even the actual Freya had they fought.

Quote Originally Posted by TemporalAnarchy View Post
    The Lich King has about zero power without Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination. The Helm merely granted him dominion over the Scourge, which even that could be taken by a strong enough foe (Archimonde, for one) or interrupted by a strong enough blow (the Forsaken and Death Knight's were freed this way). Frostmourne is where pretty much all of his frost and shadow magic originated.

So really, it boils down to Frostmourne versus our artifacts. Frostmourne, as we know, is equal to Shadowmourne. This is strict lore; Shadowmourne was crafted to be Frostmourne's equal, and it was. It feasted upon thousands of souls, was imbued with the powers of blood, frost, and unholy. It was crafted from a weapon of pure light adorned with fragments of the Frozen Throne. Mere fragments of souls could manifest for devastating damage through Shadowmourne.

Now, would you argue that our current artifacts after being empowered at our forges and imbued at the Netherlight Crucible aren't stronger than Shadowmourne? The reality is that pretty much all player artifacts are at or above Frostmourne's level of power, and Frostmourne's power is the Lich King's power. That's why it was such a big deal when we discovered he left it unguarded in the Halls of Reflection.

Did I mention we also have these sick pieces of legendary armor now? Let me tell you, 1v1ing the Lich King with my artifact and Prydaz... I don't know that I'd need the second legendary lorewise. Prydaz OP.

TLDR: 1v1ing the Lich King lorewise isn't only NOT suicide, it would be quite doable at our Legion power levels.
    We may have a stronger artifact but that still doesn't mean we could win against a more powerful foe. It's like giving a regular Footman a steel sword vs Varian with a wooden sword. Even tho the footmen has a stronger weapon, he'll still lose to Varian using a weaker weapon. The Lich King would turn your Prydaz into ice cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    No this is not a close fight. Not even close. When we fought the Lich King we were heroes of the factions. We are now among (and sometimes are) the greatest of our classes. Comparing Lich King raid us to legion us is silly. We've grown far more powerful since then.
    We grown more powerful but it's still mostly our artifact that's giving us most of the power boost. Our raid probably could defeat Lich King Arthas now even without help but 1 on 1 we are still far off from defeating powerful being like the Lich King, Archimonde, DW etc. Someone at Blizzcon should ask the question about our character 1v1ing with the LK and I can promise you the Dev would say the LK is still stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    A paladin boy with a funny talking sword and spiky helm vs titan

Titan's Avatar whose also weaken.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2017-10-21 at 03:09 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    We grown more powerful but it's still mostly our artifact that's giving us most of the power boost. Our raid probably could defeat Lich King Arthas now even without help but 1 on 1 we are still far off from defeating powerful being like the Lich King, Archimonde, DW etc. Someone at Blizzcon should ask the question about our character 1v1ing with the LK and I can promise you the Dev would say the LK is still stronger.
    Who cares if we can 1vs1 the LK? It has no bearing on this fight?

Comparing raid bosses from now and Wrath isn't a fair scale of power since we have changes in power (really doesn't matter by how much). There is no consistent unit of measure.

Therefore lorewise is the only way to work out this fight. Eonar is a titan, we have dev confirmation that one mortal wielding a fraction of the power of titan could beat the LK. So a weakened Eonar even with a fraction of her power which she has mastered over the eons she has lived will EASILY win.

Deleted
    Eonar in the Avatar state? Well after watching The Last Airbender and half of Legend of Korra, I can confirm that being in the avatar state is a pretty massive power boost.

The Lich King would turn your Prydaz into ice cubes.
    Okay. You have officially no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    In the threads X vs Arthas / Lich King no matter who the "X" will be, Arthas/LK will allways win...

I mean LK can touch Sargeras with frostmourne and poor Sargy would instantly Vanish out of existance

/s
    4Head nice MeMe

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Who cares if we can 1vs1 the LK? It has no bearing on this fight?

Comparing raid bosses from now and Wrath isn't a fair scale of power since we have changes in power (really doesn't matter by how much). There is no consistent unit of measure.

Therefore lorewise is the only way to work out this fight. Eonar is a titan, we have dev confirmation that one mortal wielding a fraction of the power of titan could beat the LK. So a weakened Eonar even with a fraction of her power which she has mastered over the eons she has lived will EASILY win.
    Fair enough about the first point but back to the topic. I agree that Eonar's Avatar would beat the Lich King alone but I gave the LK the 4 Horsemens plus 50 abominations as backup. So this should make the match more debatable.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously Arthas. Arthas is necrotic, cancerous, anti life.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Fair enough about the first point but back to the topic. I agree that Eonar's Avatar would beat the Lich King alone but I gave the LK the 4 Horsemens plus 50 abominations as backup. So this should make the match more debatable.
    debatable in the fact that she needs to spend extra time wiping his minions off her shoes after she still kicks him into orbit?

but I gave the LK the 4 Horsemens plus 50 abominations as backup.
    Why do you keep increasing this number? When you made the thread, you didn't give him any abominations. Then you changed it to 10, and now 50.

Make up your mind about your silly-ass hypothetical fight scenario already.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Why do you keep increasing this number? When you made the thread, you didn't give him any abominations. Then you changed it to 10, and now 50.

Not like it would matter. The abominations would get wiped out before anything relevant happens anyway. I don't think he has any understanding what kind of foe he is sending his loverboy against.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    debatable in the fact that she needs to spend extra time wiping his minions off her shoes after she still kicks him into orbit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post

Not like it would matter. The abominations would get wiped out before anything relevant happens anyway. I don't think he has any understanding what kind of foe he is sending his loverboy against.
    Final Changes

Lich King
    4 Horsemen
    100 Abominations
    20 Meatwagons

vs

Eonar's Avatar alone

Well yeah. I was just curious as to why he keeps changing the rules.

Final Changes
    Until you change it again.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-10-21 at 07:10 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Final Changes

Lich King
    4 Horsemen
    100 Abominations
    20 Meatwagons

vs

Eonar's Avatar alone
    This is the equivalent of Eonar sighing, grabbing a can of Raid and killing the dumb insects that dared come inside her house, why don't you just say "THE ENTIRE SCOURGE!!!" not that they would win, but it would probably take her longer than the 5 seconds it would now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Final Changes

Lich King
    4 Horsemen
    100 Abominations
    20 Meatwagons

vs

Eonar's Avatar alone
    You would need to throw at least 3 uncle gaos on arthas side to make that match fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Obviously Arthas. Arthas is necrotic, cancerous, anti life.
    'Obviously' trolol.

Eonar, even in her avatar form, is the embodiment of life. Arthas would be incinerated in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You would need to throw at least 3 uncle gaos on arthas side to make that match fair.
    So your plan is ... Peppers!