Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No Ranged class was added over the years.

There was another post about wow being in desparate need of a new class but got closed cause the OP didn't provide any context to it.

After reading that, I had a thought and realised that Wow hasn't added a ranged class over the year. Every class that was added e.g DK/Monk/DH has been melee, with the exception mistweaver being ranged but its a healer.

I would love to see wow getting a new ranged class after 13 years. Maybe a necromancer or a witchdoctor or something like that.

Tbh, I'd much prefer it if that class was ranged but had fast cast spells given the way that ranged classes are now apart from hunter, and boss fights becoming more hectic as wow progress and requiring quite a lot of movement speed.

Whats your thought? Would you like to see a new ranged class getting added to the game, that brings new playstyle to the ranged like DH did with melees?

I'd like a ranged tank/pet tank class.

My life-long dream had been that hunter beastmastery/warlock demonolgy could somehow be shaped to actual tank specs.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Yes I really hope we get a ranged class as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

My life-long dream had been that hunter beastmastery/warlock demonolgy could somehow be shaped to actual tank specs.
    As someone who primarily plays melee DPS. Please no ranged tank. Please. I don't want to spend the entirety of the fight chasing after the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    As someone who primarily plays melee DPS. Please no ranged tank. Please. I don't want to spend the entirety of the fight chasing after the boss.
    I think what Wilian is saying is that it'd work by the pet being the tank. So you wouldn't have to chase after the boss in that case.

Ranger class, so that Hunters can suffer what Warlocks suffered when they introduced DHs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Ranger class, so that Hunters can suffer what Warlocks suffered when they introduced DHs :P
    And what would that be?

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think a pet tanking will ever work for WoW with the number of fights where the tanks need to reposition the boss constantly.
    (Unless you're suggesting they learn how to use the pet move ability correctly and with accuracy and speed in which case good luck)

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I think what Wilian is saying is that it'd work by the pet being the tank. So you wouldn't have to chase after the boss in that case.
    Yeah, it wasn't super functional but during vanilla, early dungeons up to like SM were doable with pet tanking.

Sure it wasn't optimal, and quite punishing at times but damn some of the runs were great with everyone on toes about CC, group positioning and focusing targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I don't think a pet tanking will ever work for WoW with the number of fights where the tanks need to reposition the boss constantly.
    (Unless you're suggesting they learn how to use the pet move ability correctly and with accuracy and speed in which case good luck)
    I know there are issues with pet movements. I wish it's something that could somehow be fixed

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

If tanking becomes so easy that a pet can do it, every other tank will stop playing.

Pet tanking isn't viable though. I mean, it's a cook fantasy, but it's too unresponsive and not precise, it's a dumpster-tier tank concept for raiding.

Pet AI is so bad the player would need to directly control the pet for tanking and at that point they may as well just be a normal melee tank.

Deleted
    we need a ranged classs that also becomes a healer. That would be cool af

Tinker class, I feel it coming

Demon Hunter ranged spec !

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Pet tanking isn't viable though. I mean, it's a cook fantasy, but it's too unresponsive and not precise, it's a dumpster-tier tank concept for raiding.
    I think the assumption here is that pet interaction would be revamped so much that the gameplay and challenge of pet tanking would be comparable to direct player tanking. The main difference is that the boss is targeting your pet instead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Davryn View Post
    I think the assumption here is that pet interaction would be revamped so much that the gameplay and challenge of pet tanking would be comparable to direct player tanking. The main difference is that the boss is targeting your pet instead of you.
    This. I even said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I didn't suffer anything because Demo hasn't been fun since Cata.

I would definately like to see a new ranged class that doesn't use or barely uses magic, the only one we got now is hunter. A ranged tinker class sounds ideal where they can use missles as ranged attacks. I also like the idea of dark rangers and necromancers if we're heading to another Scourge expansion.

Outside of special mechanics from bosses ranged tanks don't stay ranged in any game that tries it. They just end up being in melee and have ranged abilities. About now is where somebody says you could just put something into their abilities so mobs wouldn't run right to them. Which you could, that would also make posistioning mobs a nightmare in every single setting where you need to move a mob. It just doesn't work.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."