Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Watch players of a certain kind get used to using this addon, and then flood the forums with their salty tears as Blizzard breaks said addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    ur drunk. Go home.
    Itemlevel is the same as gearscore. You have no argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a comment on the site itself that perfectly sums up the issue with this addon:

What it's intended for is a moot point it's how it will actually be used it the issue, as an idea its good, in practice its horrendous ... gearscore proved that years ago, it will not be used as intended by most people.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    And watch the Blizzard team break it faster than Gearscore was too.
    Why would they? They have their own system ingame now. This is just another version of that.

sweet, then the baddies will be exposed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    And watch the Blizzard team break it faster than Gearscore was too.
    Except gearscore was "broken" by the introduction of item level. As in nothing was broken and the introduction of a calculated item level in the default UI replaced gearscore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like everyone ignored my comment about this addon not displaying the player's highest score on their account, which is the score that matters. Wowprogress can do this, given that they've linked it with their BNET account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I never used the addon personally, from what I remember it just counted ilvl/stats and posted a score. I play casually on a private server where the addon is used by a lot of people and that's how it works there, there is no content tracking feature included. Gearscore had a fairly short run anyway, it only really got popular during the final patch of WOTLK and then Blizzard implemented the more visible ilvl averages.

Like I said this above addon seems to track your actual progress history as a player, I can definitely see why people don't like the addon but it has a million times more credibility as a useful tool than Gearscore ever did. Problem with gearscore/ilvl still exists with people purposely making sub-optimal gearing choices in order to look more attractive to pug leaders by using items that give a higher score over items that may be better optimised or suited to higher performance.
    Gearscore tracked boss kills and progression, as well as checked for enchants, gems, etc.

So another way for players to make snap judgements, and then to blame everyone else when either players try to cheat it, or it simply fails to do what any such measure is always going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I would disagree. I won't lie requirements were always high but they gone above and beyond in legion. It isn't really about ilv though people simply wish ti ensure competency.
    Then talk to people.
    The problem is shortcuts.
    The more reliant on shortcuts people become, the worse the results they get.
    And then it is always the fault of someone else, rather than the real cause, the need for "efficiency" above everything else.
    When the reality is there is nothing efficient about getting increasingly poor results.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-10-21 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Except gearscore was "broken" by the introduction of item level. As in nothing was broken and the introduction of a calculated item level in the default UI replaced gearscore.
    Blizzard did break the original Gearscrore, but not because they had any issues with what the add-on did. The issue was that the way Gearscore worked was that it pinged every player in sight, and reported it findings back to a database. Eventually so many people were using the add-on, it started lagging servers. The add-on authors eliminated the pinging and reporting, re-tooled it, and reintroduced the add-on, which was named PlayerScore. By then, Blizzard had added ilvl to the game, so it was never the wildly popular add-on it once was.

Deleted
    You are being intentionally obtuse in order to create an argument. Are you always this bored? Re-read the conversation (and those who replied to your initial statement).They were referring to the inflation of titan-forging lowering the reliability of item level telling how good/bad a person is. Keep up with the conversation.
    I replied to the OP

We once again have a system for seperating people at a glance no more tabbing out or using a second screen to filter group.
    We already had that with itemlevel. Titanforging has nothing to do with it. You have no argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Blizzard did break the original Gearscrore, but not because they had any issues with what the add-on did. The issue was that the way Gearscore worked was that it pinged every player in sight, and reported it findings back to a database. Eventually so many people were using the add-on, it started lagging servers. The add-on authors eliminated the pinging and reporting, re-tooled it, and reintroduced the add-on, which was named PlayerScore. By then, Blizzard had added ilvl to the game, so it was never the wildly popular add-on it once was.
    cool story chieftain, god knows why you're so passionate about this subject but I respek it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Eh? You're wrong.

It's one of few times when Blizz actually blacklisted an addon in the client, moreover, they added inspect throttling and kinda limited inspecting around the end of WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no it doesnt and everyone who knows how stupid m+ scores are calculated knows that. but go ahead elitest snowflake and make your epeen bigger

- - - Updated - - -

no gearscore never did that. gearscore ONLY calculated the GEAR not the content youve done. thats why it was as crap as this is.
    So seeing what keystones people have run in the past being able to see they have never run a 15+ and have only done 10-12's is not a good indicator they prolly shouldn't join my 17 group. Mythic Scores are calculated PERFECTLY. You just seem like some one who is salty and gets denied alot cause of low score. Raider.io Literally scores you on Keystone # and the time in which it takes to complete. Feel free to explain how that doesnt not adequately tell me how capable the player is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nothing about sneaking. Just a bullshit addon, and a bullshit raidleader if he/she can't actually take their time to talk to the pugs that they claim they 'need'. Read up, look at their gear and that is it.
    again. as opinions vary, I would say it is bullshit players that would expect a group leader to take one second longer to verify their progress/gear than is needed to be taken away from raid time.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

So to sum up this thread......"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING GEARSCOREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

This is bullshit, I do 1 mythic dungeon a week for my weekly chest, and i can always finish at 1.4-1.6m overall dungeon dps. And at 945 ilvl i get declined on anything past 12+ because i have low m+ or raider io score. Seriously??

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Gearscore tracked boss kills and progression, as well as checked for enchants, gems, etc.
    Not in WOTLK it didn't.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Not in WOTLK it didn't.
    Yes it did. Gearscore Lite did not, but Gearscore did track such things.

Deleted
    No. You replied to the OP here:

to which you cut out most of his reply to this:

You ignored 90% of his post because you wanted to leave a snarky little comment and ignore his entire point.
    Again titanforging has no relevance. Itemlevel is the same as gearscore? What's your point? People have been judged based on their itemlevel the same way people used to be judged by their gearscore back in Wrath. Literally nothing has changed. This has been the way for years and it always will be because gear matters. So what is your point?