10+ Year Old Account
    i want dhs to be void elves.

Guys, as the one that has been saying we will have sub-races ever since I started playing the Suramar campaign, I'd advise to calm down.

* The files found are evidence, not proof, that sub-races may be coming.
    * If the sub-races are coming, the files for 7.3 obviously won't show everything that will be in 8.0.
    * Anything may have changed from when they put those data in the files and the reveal in 2 weeks.

So, keep calm and keep your arms and head inside the hype train at all times.

Also i hope they don't throw all the lore out and go all

NEW SUBRACE FOR PANDAREN : NERUBIANS!

I will hedge a bet now and say that the expansion is called Shadows of Kul'tiras, the character on the box is Ghost Daelin or Alverold, the box is purple and that the subraces are legit.

RIP Birb

Run over by the hype train

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post

RIP Birb
    He is a turtle now so he might be ok

CharSections.db2 controls the skin color, faces, hair and facial colors of each race. And there are entries for the new races as well. They are customizable. However, they all have the same data. There are 8 skin colors for each race, except for the lightforged draenei, which are already in-game and have a lot of customization options.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    CharSections.db2 controls the skin color, faces, hair and facial colors of each race. And there are entries for the new races as well. They are customizable. However, they all have the same data. There are 8 skin colors for each race, except for the lightforged draenei, which are already in-game and have a lot of customization options.
    Other non-playable races also have some stuff there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    He is a turtle now so he might be ok
    Can confirm, am okay but will be going to sleep soon.

So I missed about 100 pages and I guess I missed somewhere with possible evidence of subraces?

Oh-oh, Hype train is gaining speed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    So I missed about 100 pages and I guess I missed somewhere with possible evidence of subraces?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=274436/f...next-expansion
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Again... even if this is true, 4 sub races isn't really a box seller. 4 sub races are a big patch item, not a new expansion seller.
    I mean, WoD didn't really have a hook when you think about it (updated models came with 6.0 launch, so you didn't even have to buy it in order to get them). Yet, it still sold a lot of copies when it launched. It's sub retention is a another story all together and we all know how it went anyway. If blizz markets the next expansion really well, and adds a decent amount of customization to not only sub races but current races as well, I'm sure it will sell well. Whether or not the expansion would retain subs depends on the both the quantity and quality of the content in the expansion, but we don't figure that out until a couple months after the expansion launches.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that 4chan thing is wrong because phasing old zones is not new, and not exciting. Quite the opposite. It's old and annoying.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    Highmountain tauren, nightborne, void elves and lightforged draenei found in the races datafiles for 7.3.

Red Shirt Guy explains it.

My own analysis about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I mean, WoD didn't really have a hook when you think about it (updated models came with 6.0 launch, so you didn't even have to buy it in order to get them). Yet, it still sold a lot of copies when it launched. It's sub retention is a another story all together and we all know how it went anyway. If blizz markets the next expansion really well, and adds a decent amount of customization to not only sub races but current races as well, I'm sure it will sell well. Whether or not the expansion would retain subs depends on the both the quantity and quality of the content in the expansion, but we don't figure that out until a couple months after the expansion launches.
    WoDs hook was garrisons. Obviously we know how that ended, but it did sell copies.

Conan knows my pain:

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Imma flip my shit if they give Nightborne to the horde, that'd actually be fucking disgusting. I'd expect High Elves for the alliance in that case.
    yeh given nightborne to the horde is not what i wanted.. would have much preferred Lightgforged Draenei.

might elf fans are not going to like this. I don't like the implications - because they are either going to gobble up blood elf lore and dominate the blood elves, with Suramar being the new craze - whereas the alliance will get increasing share of blood elf specific lore and possibly even Silvermoon eventually. Really let the night elves keep Suramar and the nightborne, let the horde keep the blood elves and the void elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, one major issue with this theory.

No mention of Wound or Blood of Azeroth.

Give me High Elf Paladins for the Alliance.

I want to play Tyrion, damn it!

I would assume they are placeholders if they don't even have skins made for them yet