Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    So you mean our country will be bancrupt and we will be greece by 2028 or raising taxes by 15% causing civil unjustice and a revolution against the goverment???? because how are you gonna pay for those programs? There is a debt cap for a reason. so the democrats can't just write blank checks they never plan to pay back.
    The same way every government program is paid for; taxes. Greece's problem wasn't spending, the problem is that the Greek government is ridiculously corrupt which means they collect fuck all in tax revenues.

The debt ceiling exists as a tool of a political showmanship, it serves no useful purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you mean our country will be bancrupt and we will be greece by 2028 or raising taxes by 15% causing civil unjustice and a revolution against the goverment???? because how are you gonna pay for those programs? There is a debt cap for a reason. so the democrats can't just write blank checks they never plan to pay back.
    Raise taxes obviously. On everyone, but especially on the billionaires. Don't worry, while the tax on middle class may be raised, the saving made on healthcare, education and other area means their spending power will not be affected.

Understand, you have to stop widening the gap between the richest and poorest in america. If you look how it is now and how it was in the 80s, it's maddening. The wealthy literally sucks the living blood of the lower classes.

It's completely unstable to further encourage inequality, you are breeding civil insurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Raise taxes obviously. On everyone, but especially on the billionaires. Don't worry, while the tax on middle class may be raised, the saving made on healthcare, education and other area means their spending power will not be affected.

Understand, you have to stop widening the gap between the richest and poorest in america. If you look how it is now and how it was in the 80s, it's maddening. The wealthy literally sucks the living blood of the lower classes.

It's completely unstable to further encourage inequality, you are breeding civil insurrection.
    and when you do that if i'm a billionaire I go fuck you move all my production and money oversea's and run my company in another country thanks to your favorable trade agreements that democrats love. Putting more Americans out of jobs as if companies going automated due to 15 dollar an hour minimum wages won't do that enough.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    and when you do that if i'm a billionaire I go fuck you move all my production and money oversea's and run my company in another country thanks to your favorable trade agreements that democrats love. Putting more Americans out of jobs as if companies going automated due to 15 dollar an hour minimum wages won't do that enough.
    Evading taxes is illegal. But still, you rather subject yourself to blackmail and fearmongering rather than clean society of those amoral individual? Seize their assets if they budge.

Remember mister billionaires, you are the few, we are the many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we can tax you from overseas.

Your wealth is contingent on the solvent consumers that developed societies provide; you cannot isolate yourself with your wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    >Fringe left
    lol, in the US?

The democrats are still under an iron grip of the neo-liberals(Clintons/Obama's kind). I really wonder where you guys get your shit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Evading taxes is illegal. But still, you rather subject yourself to blackmail and fearmongering rather than clean society of those amoral individual? Seize their assets if they budge.

Remember mister billionaires, you are the few, we are the many.
    when 1% control 99% of the wealth I'm sorry they make the rules.. If they all want to leave the US to go set up shop in another country if you make unfavorable tax laws thats their choice.. Its not tax evading if they decide to move their company out of the country.. The people who control that 99% have made the US the richest country in the world and they can do the same to another country if they choose.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    when 1% control 99% of the wealth I'm sorry they make the rules.. If they all want to leave the US to go set up shop in another country if you make unfavorable tax laws thats their choice.. Its not tax evading if they decide to move their company out of the country.. The people who control that 99% have made the US the richest country in the world and they can do the same to another country if they choose.
    Do you realize how unstable this wealth distribution is? Hasn't the history of the world taught you anything at all? Did you hear about the french revolution, the Bolshevik revolution, hell the declaration of independence.

Increasing the wealth gap over and over is a bomb waiting to explode.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-10-22 at 01:50 AM.

Spoken like a true cuck.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    notice also the oozing national pride, patriotic fiber. He rather screws his country to be even richer than he is, than paying more taxes.

On the contrary, looking at it from the outside it very much looks like Trump(ism) is setting the stage for decades of Democrat rule.

Part of it is that what happened in California in the 90's looks to be happening on a national scale today. California had been a red state for decades, then the politics got mired in the debate on immigration, the Republicans and their then-Governor Wilson supported cracking down on illegal immigrants in a way that was found unconstitutional due to being discriminatory towards immigrants of Hispanic origin. It ultimately tainted the party and California has been dominated by Democrats ever since.

Part of it is that people have been politically activated by Trump's surprise victory. Already polls are looking good for Democrats across the board, so they will likely do good in the House in 2018. But also voter participation is usually below 60% in the United States, so there is a lot of potential to unlock. Trump's surprise victory will probobly lead to more immigrants, Hispanics and young people registering to vote, groups that have historically voted in lesser numbers than for example older people. This is going to affect the outcomes going forward, to the benefit of Democrats. Meanwhile, the allure of Trump will fade for a segment of his supporters who was not regular voters before, when it turns out that not much changed for them after 4 years with Trump as President, they will go back to not bothering to vote. Some will feel how the tax cuts to the wealthy and the cuts in healthcare will hurts them, and even vote for the Democrats, who will likely be a white man next time around. But that will of course not have anything to do with their willingness to vote for the Democrat. That's at least the lie they convince themselves of.

Part of it is that the McMullin/Ryan/McCain/Flake/Bush/mainstream Republican voters will likely split with the Bannon/Trump/Moore/right-wing populist and nationalist voters by 2021. Let's estimate that they will both hold 20-25% of the electorate, while the Democrats will hold 50%+. This can happen in a number of ways. Either Trump is impeached before his term is over in 2021, in which case the Trumpists will form their own lunatic fringe party while the Republican Party will purge itself of the poison it has been taking since it began the Southern strategy under Nixon, and become a party of classic Republicans and face the brutal reality that had them start the Southern strategy to begin with: their ideology of conservative liberalism doesn't appeal to enough voters to win elections. The same will be true for the far-right authoritarian Trumpist party. Or, alternatively, Trump will serve his 4 years in office, be challenged by one or several mainstream Republicans like Kasich in 2020 and suffer the same fate as Presidents who faced a strong primary challenge before him and lose the general election, I'm thinking of Ford vs. Reagan and Carter vs. Kennedy, in which case the Trumpkins will take over the Republican Party while the mainstream Republicans creates a new "Party of Lincoln". Meanwhile the modern liberal Democratic Party will command about 50% of the vote and go on to win a disproportionate amount of seats across the board due to the first-past-the-post electoral system.

The Democratic Party ultimately seems much less divided than the Republican Party. You say that the "GOP establishment" (mainstream Republicans) are in control. But that is not the issue. The issue is that their voter base is extremely divided, much more so than the Democrats are. In all likelihood the Democrats will have a huge field of candidates in 2020 with a lot of new faces and one of these new faces will likely end up on top. Sanders will probobly opt out due to his age, and their candidate will likely not have the "baggage" (experience) of having been in national politics for decades. Democratic voters will be unified in their distaste of the current President, be it Trump or Pence. The left-wing populists are arguably a much smaller factor than the right-wing populists, and a mainstream Democrat will have a much easier time satisfying them as their main concerns are economic ones, and they both agree that economic policies should move to the left from where they currently are at, which is not new. Obama wanted a public option for Obamacare. Obama would have created a Single-Payer system if the American government had started from scratch. Obama wanted to raise taxes more on the wealthy. He had a Republican Congress so he couldn't do any of those things. The left-wing populists and mainstream Democrats will easily unify in moving the country to the left on economic policy and in opposition to the incumbent administration. Populism usually comes and goes in democracies as well, so by 2020 this whole thing may well have faded considerably.

The divide among the Republicans on the other hand are much more fundamental than mere economic policies. The far-right wing of the party does not support the liberal world order that America has created. They don't support liberal democracy, the system of government that the Founding Fathers set up. They don't believe in the idea of America as the Empire of Liberty, of American Exceptionalism, of patriotism. Instead they believe in an America isolated from the world, of American nativism, of authoritarian nationalism. They have tolerated Republican orthodoxy in economic policies as long as Republicans have thrown them a bone on social issues, but most of them would prefer protectionism over free trade, more state-intervention in favor of blue-collar workers in the form of economic nationalism over the Republican orthodoxy of economic liberalism. It's a coalition of voters that cannot hold.

going by Trump's supporters and more importantly the gop, party over country voting. Its going to get much worse, before it gets better. No matter how much the gop screw them over, they will continually blame the "evil liberals"

People with pointy sticks have historically had much to say about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP dies. Literally. They're held up by a voter base who has what, a decade left to live?

The Democrats become the new conservatives. The Progressives get their own party.

I guess while I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Fringe left
    lol, in the US?

The democrats are still under an iron grip of the neo-liberals(Clintons/Obama's kind). I really wonder where you guys get your shit from.
    This is the US, where everyone left of Reagan is "fringe left"
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't say "Clinton policies" like you actually know what that means.

You people don't absorb anything that isn't presented in a thirty second soundbite.
    You're being quite generous with a whole 30 seconds. If it can't fit in a short sentence, they don't tend to absorb it at all.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar, maybe getting worse over the next three to seven years. The post Trump pendulum swing back to the left combined with the fall of baby boomers and the rise of millennials will change the country permenatly.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Don't say "Clinton policies" like you actually know what that means.

You people don't absorb anything that isn't presented in a thirty second soundbite.
    Says the person who I'm sure describes themselves as self educated

Edited: didn't want to assume your gender identity
    Last edited by satimy; 2017-10-22 at 03:22 AM.

Once the baby boomers start to die off from old age, and millennials are a major voting block of the country, the country will probably shift to a more left leaning one. After that, I'm not sure, it all depends on what the kids of millennials end up being really.

Short term, nothing will really change unless a major thing happens like a war or legit scandal within one of the major political parties. Long term, we are headed towards a left leaning country in a few decades.