Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will Blizzard ever tell the truth?

Not blaming the game itself.

Blizzard does like to lie, often.

For instance, about Arcanocrystal - "We don't want to nerf something players already have."
    Ok, fair point...
    ...except they nerf legenaries in the same time.

Ok, legendaries, OP! So let's nerf dungeon items.

Say, Drape of Shame? YEAH, nerf!

When (IF) is Blizzard going to stop lying?

They employ quite a few competent designers.

It is sad that they are not allowed to express themselves.

I'll answer the question. You want answers?

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!

Son, we play in a game that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by huntards with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Trend? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You QQ for crappy legendaries, and you curse Hazzikostas. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that Hazzikostas' lies, while tragic, probably saved Gnome lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in Goldshire, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

We use words like "Elitist," "Curve or don't bother," "and 940+. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent looking for carries. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the game time nor the inclination to explain myself to a noob who logs on and /sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "ty" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you spend 4 weeks farming that legendary and stand post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2017-10-22 at 03:12 AM.

I feel like this thread is really going to go places ... really good places.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I feel like this thread is really going to go places ... really good places.
    Places full of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do play they miss give so up. Words to up style of since world. We leaf to snug on no need. Way own uncommonly travelling now acceptance bed compliment solicitude. Dissimilar admiration so terminated no in contrasted it. Advantages entreaties mr he apartments do. Limits far yet turned highly repair parish talked six. Draw fond rank form nor the day eat.

does anyone else have a headache

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Do play they miss give so up. Words to up style of since world. We leaf to snug on no need. Way own uncommonly travelling now acceptance bed compliment solicitude. Dissimilar admiration so terminated no in contrasted it. Advantages entreaties mr he apartments do. Limits far yet turned highly repair parish talked six. Draw fond rank form nor the day eat.
    Seems they've still got those thousand monkeys tacking away on a thousand typewriters.

Still not shakespeare.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Stop being so mean to Blizzard when they are clearly trying their best. At least give them an A for effort

Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Stop being so mean to Blizzard when they are clearly trying their best. At least give them an A for effort
    This is very true, obviously they are just not as talented as the developers that made vanilla,TBC and WotLK. I do give them an A for effort in trying to cash grab but they even suck at that now considering the amount of people leaving the game. I also give them an A for effort in making RNG time sinks that only idiots continue to grind.

Would most of you actually believe them if they did tell the truth? Conspiracy runs deep in the WoW community these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post

You want the truth?

Son, we play in a game that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by huntards with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Trend? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You QQ for crappy legendaries, and you curse Hazzikostas. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that Hazzikostas' lies, while tragic, probably saved Gnome lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in Goldshire, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

We use words like "Elitist," "Curve or don't bother," "and 940+. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent looking for carries. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the game time nor the inclination to explain myself to a noob who logs on and /sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "ty" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you spend 4 weeks farming that legendary and stand post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!
    ***STANDS AND APPLAUDS***
    So amazing.

You want the truth?

---snip---

Infracted
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-08 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Arcanocrystal, players spent Bonus rolls, a lot of them to get one, or a better one. This is the reasoning behind not nerfing it. Legendaries.... just dropped randomly. The cloak nerf was due to the flat 10% always being better than what could drop for a healer from following content. As you get better gear from higher tiers, a flat 10% on top will always trump any cloak that would drop. If you want to keep using that cloak, that's fine, Farm a better ilvl one from M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajat View Post
    Not blaming the game itself.

Blizzard does like to lie, often.

For instance, about Arcanocrystal - "We don't want to nerf something players already have."
    Ok, fair point...
    ...except they nerf legenaries in the same time.

Ok, legendaries, OP! So let's nerf dungeon items.

Say, Drape of Shame? YEAH, nerf!

When (IF) is Blizzard going to stop lying?

They employ quite a few competent designers.

It is sad that they are not allowed to express themselves.
    Small Indie Dev, give them time!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

You want the truth?

I wish there were upvotes on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Small Indie Dev, give them time!
    I didn't know that the Hearthstone and Warcraft Team traded projects.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    This is very true, obviously they are just not as talented as the developers that made vanilla,TBC and WotLK. I do give them an A for effort in trying to cash grab but they even suck at that now considering the amount of people leaving the game. I also give them an A for effort in making RNG time sinks that only idiots continue to grind.
    ....Has RNG EVER not been a HUGE part of the game? Did you even play back then when you had to Grind like hell to even get anything at all?

OT: Id say there is no real truth tbh. When it comes to designing items things simply change from patch to patch, and sometimes you have to nerf/buff things.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    does anyone else have a headache
    My IQ dropped another 50 points after reading the OP..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Are you new to MMO's or something?? As RNG and grinding has been a staple of the genre for years, and you make me laugh a lot if you think that Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK had any less RNG and grinding.. They were chock full of RNG and grinding, to the point that in Vanilla it took a very long time to reach max level especially if a new player and had no idea of what to do..

10+ Year Old Account
    These thread titles are starting to feel like election campaign clickbait.

You want the truth?

You are my new hero. Now...

Off you go to Prison.

Madness will consume you!!!