I quite liked the nautical flavour to that bosses abilities. It was neat figuring out what to do immediately since I grew up near the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I quite liked the nautical flavour to that bosses abilities. It was neat figuring out what to do immediately since I grew up near the ocean.
    That boss is the the literal satan for me and a buddy of mine. We understand that fight 100% but for some reason we just cannot execute it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    That boss is the the literal satan for me and a buddy of mine. We understand that fight 100% but for some reason we just cannot execute it.
    You mean the horsey boss in the new dungeon?

What is there to execute? :O
    Personally I do not understand the boss because from my PoV (healer/tank) he doesn't seem to have any ability worth adhering to.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You mean the horsey boss in the new dungeon?

What is there to execute? :O
    Personally I do not understand the boss because from my PoV (healer/tank) he doesn't seem to have any ability worth adhering to.
    No the temple of the fist boss that does the side stuff similar to Ravana.

The horse boss being a lying douchenugget wasn't exactly difficult to figure out...I'm pretty sure it's intentional of it to say that, else I think it would've been corrected in the hotfix patch that occurred a couple of days after 4.1 release.

And today I have finished taking PLD to 70, which completes the tank roles. Now I just have the 4 Melee DPS to complete. As per my stratagem, DRG is currently 66, and MNK will start the climb to that level tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    No the temple of the fist boss that does the side stuff similar to Ravana.
    Ah okay. Yea that one is a bit meaner, I've actually had people die if the racked up too many stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The horse boss being a lying douchenugget wasn't exactly difficult to figure out...I'm pretty sure it's intentional of it to say that, else I think it would've been corrected in the hotfix patch that occurred a couple of days after 4.1 release.
    It still doesn't make sense that he only lies to english players.

Ah okay. Yea that one is a bit meaner, I've actually had people die if the racked up too many stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

It still doesn't make sense that he only lies to english players.
    Localization team feeds on our tears.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated note, I present one of the wilder hunt experiences I've happened upon.

Yep, that's the final part of the Coeurlregina FATE chain (or as I refer to it, the moosecat) and Senmurv, the S rank, no more than 100 yalms apart...and as one can see, we did pull them together once the FATE was nearly complete.

Localization team feeds on our tears.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated note, I present one of the wilder hunt experiences I've happened upon.

Yep, that's the final part of the Coeurlregina FATE chain (or as I refer to it, the moosecat) and Senmurv, the S rank, no more than 100 yalms apart...and as one can see, we did pull them together once the FATE was nearly complete.
    It almost looks like the two of them are about to fight and the players are just caught in the middle.

On my end, hit 70 on Ninja this weekend! I'm....not impressed with its simplified rotation. The class seems more dull than it was in HW to me with how a combo was changed and a DoT was removed. The "auto attack fills your bar and then you use one of two abilities" addition is meh. Glad I like Samurai so much. But my NIN retainer is all set for ventures now! The final job quest is really disappointing because you see other ninja using abilities for shadow/mirror clones or transforming himself into a tiger for a bit. Even an AoE bind that would be cool for PvP. All these cool ninjutsu abilities we don't get! T-T

Got BOT to 70, working on mining getting up enough to clear more inventory. Gathering/crafting focus time now. Just need to get creation accessories in the meantime and keep PLD geared enough for EXDR.

Not too demanding time-wise, so I can finish off Watch Dogs 2 and start Super Mario Odyssey this Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It almost looks like the two of them are about to fight and the players are just caught in the middle.

On my end, hit 70 on Ninja this weekend! I'm....not impressed with its simplified rotation. The class seems more dull than it was in HW to me with how a combo was changed and a DoT was removed. The "auto attack fills your bar and then you use one of two abilities" addition is meh. Glad I like Samurai so much. But my NIN retainer is all set for ventures now! The final job quest is really disappointing because you see other ninja using abilities for shadow/mirror clones or transforming himself into a tiger for a bit. Even an AoE bind that would be cool for PvP. All these cool ninjutsu abilities we don't get! T-T

Got BOT to 70, working on mining getting up enough to clear more inventory. Gathering/crafting focus time now. Just need to get creation accessories in the meantime and keep PLD geared enough for EXDR.

Not too demanding time-wise, so I can finish off Watch Dogs 2 and start Super Mario Odyssey this Friday!
    Well we did try to play matchmaker between them to see if they'd hit it off, but they decided they liked fighting with us more.

Had one of my FC folks swap from SAM to NIN, funny enough. I haven't asked why or anything; I'm of the "play what you enjoy the most mindset", even when one of our healers has essentially swapped from AST to SAM (but he does keep the former geared enough for any content we do). In a bizzare twist of fate, I've been spending a lot more time playing healer as of late; some of it intentional on my end (Rabanastre, since I would like to upgrade my healing gear), other times due to necessity (often I'm the only healer in a full party for hunts). I've actually enjoyed healing in the new 24 man since it's not a snooze fest in terms of difficulty (at this time, at least).

Hehehe, agree; Rabanastre is definitely not a snooze fest. Week 2 and we still spent a good chunk of time getting through the second boss. I'd say he's definitely the hardest one in there. I like the fights quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad day for me. With a heavy heart, ingame wife transferred to Shiva and left me the house.

._.

Sad day for me. With a heavy heart, ingame wife transferred to Shiva and left me the house.

._.
    Perhaps you could use the marriage hookup thread.

First time I ever saw that while browsing the OF, my first thought was "why isn't that thread called The Tinder Thread, lul".

10+ Year Old Account

First time I ever saw that while browsing the OF, my first thought was "why isn't that thread called The Tinder Thread, lul".
    Well, calling it marriage hook up is pretty close to tinder I suppose. Or you could go more explicit for giggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid she took poor Ifalnas heart with her. Doubt she would have any interest in "trying again".

I'm terrible at doing the jump puzzle for Kugane tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after a hiatus away from every thing MMO I got back onto the old horse (not counting my failed attempt to grab a house.)... and tightened up my axe work, I have changed my Stance on 4.x WAR.

Now obviously it's not as fast paced, but the current play style of WAR plays a lot like Early High maul protection Paladin from WoD. While Paladin at that point was around two different cycles that would line up, a Sera cycle (30 second CD, with a 15 second uptime.) and a Holy Avenger CD (I want to say 1.5 min CD with 20 second up time.)

The Idea was to dump all you holy power during Sera into Word of Glory (due to Harshwords... RIP.) and then outside of Sera cycles you would pool for the next cycle. You did this by careful use of Holy power generators and GCD usage. Spend too much you waste DPS from having Sera being on CD for too long, spend too little and you're sitting on holy power cap and wasting potential damage. Little mistakes would have much larger number consequences, but yield a noticeable yet satisfying reward.
    You would then pair it with Holy Avenger whenever it was off CD to create a HARD burst phase, where you just went ham.

Replace Sera with Berserk, Holy power with Beast Gauge, and Holy Avenger with Inner release and you have Storm blood WAR.

So my current stance is now: I like it in theory, on paper it is everything I want, (I loved early WoD Protection Paladin.) however, in a tight rotation with little to no room for error reacting to mechanics makes it less than ideal.

The application of the rotation is clunky, however the concept at least to me is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    I'm afraid she took poor Ifalnas heart with her. Doubt she would have any interest in "trying again".
    Welcoming another stray cat then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm terrible at doing the jump puzzle for Kugane tower.
    Ugh, has little to do with you. Between online lag and invisible hitboxes, there is only so much skill can do until you have to rely on dumb luck.
    Tried it for an hour once, came to the conclusion that it isn't worth it just for some vista point.

Ugh, has little to do with you. Between online lag and invisible hitboxes, there is only so much skill can do until you have to rely on dumb luck.
    Tried it for an hour once, came to the conclusion that it isn't worth it just for some vista point.
    I suppose that's true. I managed to get rather high up but it feels like a lot of the tougher jumps are inconsistent. Having to land on 'air' for it to register as a success just isn't enjoyable to me.