Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Here's how they sell it: it's a new WoW expansion.
    That wouldn't work. It didn't work out for WoD and now 4 new sub races should convince players? lol

I really don't think Blizzard would come up with something like that. Sub race(s) for every race or no sub races at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not new-new. Just someone else posted the Blizzcon leak from earlier this year.
    Ah okay, thanks.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That wouldn't work. It didn't work out for WoD and now 4 new sub races should convince players?
    What? WoD launch brought subs up to 10 million. It had failures after that, but the hype train was real. Lack of a race/class was a non-issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    What? WoD launch brought subs up to 10 million. It had failures after that, but the hype train was real. Lack of a race/class was a non-issue.
    i think the hype train was because it seemed like wod would be like tbc and people went crazy. but regardless, i think every expansion release will go bk to 10 mil, evne legion said they sold 3.3mil copies, which was the same as wod, should be at 10 mil also, but who knows maybe less since it didnt count digital copies, or maybe it did. lol idk anymore

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is right now we have no Garrison to fuel hype. Without a race we got nothin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Ah I read something on MMO-Champions Facebook site about this...

Do four sub races make even sense? I mean how will Blizzard sell us this? What if you don't play a race that gets a new sub race? What do you get instead? New cosmetic options? Either there needs to be something for every race or Blizzard better should keep it and not sell it as expansion feature.
    Easy enough to do the other skin options for some races, and additional customization and such. And as someone pointed out, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei could just be the first couple who are relevant to the expansion.

Deleted
    Problem is right now we have no Garrison to fuel hype. Without a race we got nothin.
    ship garrisons ;P, lol bro, anything even related to a "mission table" or garrison in the next expac, like having any followers to send or any of that shit, fuk all that, i wouldnt play tbh.

Yeah no totally. WoD totally wasn't the second highest selling expansion.
    lol what?

So yes if they want they will slap 4 sub races on a box and as long as there's 10 new levels, some new zones and new raids it will sell like hot cakes. The content is what will matter not having a new shiny feature every two years.
    The content is one part. Features are the other part. WoD had zero features and that was for sure one of the reasons it became Blizzard's biggest (WoW) flop yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    i think the hype train was because it seemed like wod would be like tbc and people went crazy.
    This. WoD succeeded at launch due to false advertising.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    ship garrisons ;P, lol bro, anything even related to a "mission table" or garrison in the next expac, like having any followers to send or any of that shit, fuk all that, i wouldnt play tbh.
    Exactly. We're missing the big seller. Housing, new races, randomized dungeons, a world revamp again, ANYTHING we haven't had before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Some people want actual lore, not just handwaving to get some pretty cosmetic options.
    I love Warcraft lore and I'm actually a huge lore nut. I just think that this is an unnecessary complication that you're creating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I love Warcraft lore and I'm actually a huge lore nut. I just think that this is an unnecessary complication that you're creating.
    So by that logic you support removing class restrictions? Lore is an unnecessary restriction after all. Let me be an Undead Druid.

Exactly. We're missing the big seller. Housing, new races, randomized dungeons, a world revamp again, ANYTHING we haven't had before now.
    Probably because we don't know anything at all except that Kul Tiras is probably involved, and there might be these subraces.

WoD launch tried to appeal to nostalgia, I feel like. No new race/class really bummed me out about it, personally. Sure, I enjoy the upgraded models, but I was just... eh. It really depends on what this new expansion has as a setting if it'll be received as well right out the gate, with or without new hooks.

Personally, I really like the idea of the Davy Jones-type 'leaks'. If it's more of a focus on the reason for all of the undead (if this is actually what it is), trolls, and naga/Azshara/N'Zoth, it could be a really good expansion. I expect there to be Void-related shenanigans, of course, but I hope it's more of a background build-up than the main focus of the expansion. I also think it would be kind of cool to have a 'dark seas' type vibe to it. The last couple of expansions have had some pretty bright palettes, except for Broken Shore and Argus which are drab-and-fel-green.

Overall, I'm on the fast track to disappointment because I don't feel like this will be the case. Also because I want playable Naga and I just don't see it happening. Which also disappoints me.

Deleted

This. WoD succeeded at launch due to false advertising.
    Nah WoD did have stuff that were long overdue. Stat squish, model updates and I think even a few interface updates. The problem was that most of the things that came with wow weren't, strictly speaking, playable content. In stark contrast with MoP. It still could have been a quite decent expansion, classes were more fun compared to Legion for example, but the patch content was terrible. Just like with Cataclysm, the lackluster patches killed it.

@Subraces

I think this could be the perfect opportunity to add an orc subrace which has a straight posture.

Deleted
    What if the alliance/horde label is a placeholder and these four will belong to a third faction?

People severely overestimate the signifiance of the traditional "xpac's hook" such as new race,new class, etc. Blizzard can make anything look interesting at first. They just failed to follow it up on some occasions. What makes an xpac a success is the same old solid foundation like raid,dungeons,etc. WoD failed largely due to its horrible dungeon system. It's the xpac that made Blizzard realized that "the chores" are actually very very important.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-10-22 at 09:03 AM.

I just want they solve this two problems:
    1st - Fix Realm population problem. Not just balance, but empty factions, realms.
    2nd - Remove Alliance vs Horde limitations(WPVP, chat, group play...) We are fighting together for years against same villains, but still we can't talk with each other. We cant do quests with each other, we can't do dungeons, raids, etc etc etc... Keep WPVP to WPVP zones similar to Legion PVP WQs. Story went forward, but this is still on Vanilla story line.

About everything else, like subraces, new races, content, continents, main Villain... I trust Blizzard that they will do a proper job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    WoD failed largely due to its horrible dungeon system.
    WoD failed because it had no content beyond raids and dungeons, had a failed selfie cam 'patch' and 1 zone patch. Claiming that WoD failed because of dungeons is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I just want they solve this two problems:
    1st - Fix Realm population problem. Not just balance, but empty factions, realms.
    2nd - Remove Alliance vs Horde limitations(WPVP, chat, group play...) We are fighting together for years against same villains, but still we can't talk with each other. We cant do quests with each other, we can't do dungeons, raids, etc etc etc... Keep WPVP to WPVP zones similar to Legion PVP WQs. Story went forward, but this is still on Vanilla story line.

About everything else, like subraces, new races, content, continents, main Villain... I trust Blizzard that they will do a proper job here.
    No, thanks, keep that 2nd thing restricted to PvE realms.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-10-22 at 09:07 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

WoD failed because it had no content beyond raids and dungeons, had a failed selfie cam 'patch' and 1 zone patch. Claiming that WoD failed because of dungeons is laughable.
    WoD's dungeons became irrelevant very fast. That was a huge problem. I also said that it lacked the chores which I mean things like world content that is spammable with meaningful rewards. Saying selfie made an xpac fail is just not very realistic. That patch was a problem not because of selfie but it was because the expectation it set on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There might be some Lightforged models that this would work on. Those seem to have references in other places, unlike the other 3.
    My rogue is not 110 yet, so I can't test it.

But, for anyone with a 110 Rogue:

- get Glyph of Disguise
    - go to Antoran Wastes and get that buff that allow you to collect demon eyes. This will turn you hostile to the Army of the Light.
    - Try to pickpocket some lightforged draenei, and see, if you assume their apperarance, your tooltip.
    - Confirm here if your race is changed to "Lightforged Draenei".

TOPIC 2: Nightborne in the Horde

Wow, so many surprised by this, despite I (and others) guessing it way back in 7.1, and the clues in 7.2 and 7.3...

TOPIC 3: WILD GUESS: Sub-races in 7.3.5?

Here's some wild guess from me: every final patch of an expansion teased a feature for the next expansion. Some people guess, for example, that Vindicaar may be a test for player boats.

Why would Blizzard include 4 sub-races in the database of 7.3?

What if these particular sub-races are not meant for 8.0, but 7.3.5? Maybe we can unlock them early during 7.3.5. throught some in-game means? (If that's correct, then I suggest everyone to finish the storylines of Highmountain, Suramar and Argus...). Then 8.0 comes, and these and many other sub-races become available for everyone.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-10-22 at 09:19 AM.