Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    WoD's dungeons became irrelevant very fast. That was a huge problem. I also said that it lacked the chores which I mean things like world content that is spammable with meaningful rewards. Saying selfie made an xpac fail is just not very realistic. That patch was a problem not because of selfie but it was because the expectation it set on players.
    So did MoPs dungeons beyond CM's. WoD atleast had CM's and introduced Mythic later.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-10-22 at 09:29 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So by that logic you support removing class restrictions? Lore is an unnecessary restriction after all. Let me be an Undead Druid.
    I'm all for roleplay and lore but I also want freedom of choice. imho a good solution for this would be to give each race an incentive to play some class. Like: give humans and draeneis +2% in holy power, elfs +2% wathever in druid, orcs +2% for being warrior etc. This way hardcore raiders/pvper will be "forced" to choose the "best" race, thus preserving the flavor of the lore, but roleplayers could play some unique druid doomed to be an undead.

Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    I'm all for roleplay and lore but I also want freedom of choice. imho a good solution for this would be to give each race an incentive to play some class. Like: give humans and draeneis +2% in holy power, elfs +2% wathever in druid, orcs +2% for being warrior etc. This way hardcore raiders/pvper will be "forced" to choose the "best" race, thus preserving the flavor of the lore, but roleplayers could play some unique druid doomed to be an undead.
    Hardcore players already are forced to choose best race even without your 'brilliant' idea. e.g. AT for more RP for DA dump and so on.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Okay the reason why this is terrible is you have magically allowed people to do something they will be criticised for without adding lore as to why they can do it, so people who care about lore berrate them and people who care about raiding berrate them for picking an objectively worse character.

Also, it punishes people who were races before this was added. Say I am a Night Elf Priest, oh look now Draenei / Humans get + 2% to it and I don't I guess I was just NERFED for no reason.

It's not a good way to approach it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    What if the alliance/horde label is a placeholder and these four will belong to a third faction?
    Then that will be an amazingly underpopulated faction. Two races which are basically a "take" on Night Elves, Tauren with less-cool horns, and rando Light-Draenei is not a compelling faction.

So yeah that's not happening. If they ever did do a third faction, they'd ensure it was compelling in some way.

Reason this isn't good is because it effectively nerfs anyone who isn't that race. Whats the point of adding the illusion of choice when it annoys people who cared about lore, and people who were a race such as Night Elf Priest who upon this being added are nerfed because their race doesn't have it?

Also new players might not know about it so they might accidentally pick a bad one then be sad that they have to character change to get into raiding guilds later on.

Just a clumsy way to fix it, you can just add lore explanations why something is possible.

Hypothetically an Undead could have been a druid when they were alive and their powers are still available to them, similar to how priests work, heck paladins could work the same way.
    explaining it is better than choosing to explain nothing and giving up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huh, seems like a lot of subrace stuff has happened since I was here last night.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

This would be awful imo.

I would much rather have the racials gone than expanded upon.
    If they are gone, then people will truely choose what they like and not what is op.

If they ever lift up the class race restrictions, people will play the best suited race for their spec. And that will not make races free to choose from.

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    My take on the 4 supposed subraces:

1. Those 4 might be available at launch, with others being added in patches.

2. There might be more subraces but those 4 were added to the .db2 on accident because of their connection to the current expansion.

3. Those subraces were added to the .db2 in 7.3 because early access to them might be a perk of pre ordering (prior to 8.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd honestly hope that together with the subrace they drop the racials that have any effect in combat and replace them with utilities and cosmetics.
    Amen to that brother

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, I assume this pirate-themed tweet was mentioned?
    (know its Garfield related)
    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/921946032396570629
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2017-10-22 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    My take on the 4 supposed subraces:

1. Those 4 might be available at launch, with others being added in patches.

2. There might be more subraces but those 4 were added to the .db2 on accident because of their connection to the current expansion.

3. Those subraces were added to the .db2 in 7.3 because early access to them might be a perk of pre ordering (prior to 8.0)
    I think (3) might be likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

TOPIC 3: WILD GUESS: Sub-races in 7.3.5?

Here's some wild guess from me: every final patch of an expansion teased a feature for the next expansion. Some people guess, for example, that Vindicaar may be a test for player boats.

Why would Blizzard include 4 sub-races in the database of 7.3?

What if these particular sub-races are not meant for 8.0, but 7.3.5? Maybe we can unlock them early during 7.3.5. throught some in-game means? (If that's correct, then I suggest everyone to finish the storylines of Highmountain, Suramar and Argus...). Then 8.0 comes, and these and many other sub-races become available for everyone.
    Nah, don't think so. Why would they do that? They would loose a possible hook for 8.0 Besides it would be a waste to add cosmetic options to the last patch of the expansion when people will be thirsty for new playable content. Yey, yes I know. New starting zones. But still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Then that will be an amazingly underpopulated faction. Two races which are basically a "take" on Night Elves, Tauren with less-cool horns, and rando Light-Draenei is not a compelling faction.

So yeah that's not happening. If they ever did do a third faction, they'd ensure it was compelling in some way.
    Fair point. Buuuuut we don't know the rest of the races. I mean if they do a third faction it won't ship with just four races if the others have 6 each. Plus pandas.

All the artifact weapons weren't ready for BlizzCon either. These are just the examples. Although if we assume that there is more it would be interesting to think about what else we can get. I could see them making Gilnean human AKA worgen, a subrace of humans, but that would make the Alliance short on one race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd honestly hope that together with the subrace they drop the racials that have any effect in combat and replace them with utilities and cosmetics.
    You want them dropped, the @aSynchro guy wants them enhanced. Have I fight, the winner gets his way.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    I think (3) might be likely.
    One can always hope. They added more rewards for Virtual Ticket, so could be done with Preorders too

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Nah, don't think so. Why would they do that? They would loose a possible hook for 8.0 Besides it would be a waste to add cosmetic options to the last patch of the expansion when people will be thirsty for new playable content. Yey, yes I know. New starting zones. But still.....
    May be an early reward for pre-ordering the expansion as well.

There's zero reason for those sub-races to be in the 7.3 file, so it may actually be something they are working for before 8.0.

And 8.0 will probably have more sub-races beyond just those four.

I get the subrace thing but.... do you realise that THESE are just called subraces because IN FACT we get 4 new races.

WOW is about lore... and lore demands that these, so called, "subraces" get proper intros and a SOLID backstory... not to mention great (legion quality at least) prologue quest system.

My money is still on a whole new WOW concept for next exp and a leap to a future move to next-gen package as in a WOW2 kind of game.

mock away...

Deleted
    May be an early reward for pre-ordering the expansion as well.

There's zero reason for those sub-races to be in the 7.3 file, so it may actually be something they are working for before 8.0.

And 8.0 will probably have more sub-races beyond just those four.
    That is possible. I'm guessing they put these four in to be able to use them at BlizzCon. Maybe the sub races will be playable, but not their starting zones or anything else. So just Legion with four subraces

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post
    I get the subrace thing but.... do you realise that THESE are just called subraces because IN FACT we get 4 new races.

WOW is about lore... and lore demands that these, so called, "subraces" get proper intros and a SOLID backstory... not to mention great (legion quality at least) prologue quest system.

My money is still on a whole new WOW concept for next exp and a leap to a future move to next-gen package as in a WOW2 kind of game.

mock away...
    "Sub-race" is more a technical game term than an in-lore thing. We could be using "alt-races" or something else.

And, except "void elves", these particular sub-races have been introduced already. We just need to see a chapter with them actually joining the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post

Well, they better have story to explain why they're joining factions. Then again, normal draenei don't even have a compelling lore reason to be Alliance instead of neutral, so I guess I can't really expect lightforged draenei to have any more of a reason than that.