Deleted
    Wish we had a summary post or something that was constantly updated. So much stuff is buried in this thread.

Where did ToV come from? What else have I missed?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Also, friendly reminder that no expansion in the history of the game has had a non-specific title.

The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion

Tides of Vengeance (???)
    Tides of Vengeance could be how that event goes down in Azeroth's history. "When the Tides of Vengeance struck the people of Azeroth/Kul'Tiras/Whatever..."
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Just saying in general, people around you are less likely to assume you're taking a picture of something if the phone/camera isn't pointed directly at the subject of the possible picture, not saying that this is real.

And as for the WoD leak, was still a partial camera picture and not a screenshot, regardless of who leaked it and if it was an accident. Even blizz itself doesn't leak ss.
    No, you are misunderstanding.
    The WoD logo was not "leaked" at all in the traditional sense. It was an oversight in a video, a completely different situation. And most people posting it took screenshots and spread those around. Like this one:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Wish we had a summary post or something that was constantly updated. So much stuff is buried in this thread.

Literally on the previous page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47674886

And we discussed an up-to-date doc, too late to do it now, will be done for 9.0. In the meantime we have the Brotherhood to let people know if stuff has been debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post

Comes from here:

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Someone posted this on /v/ last night.

I don't think it's real (have "leaked logos" ever been real?), but I think it's a pretty cool concept for a logo. I like how the background is filled with water and parts of the font are submerged. It also looks like there's seaweed wrapped around the edges.
    ^^^^^^

Deleted
    Looks pretty. Thanks for that.

Tides of Vengeance could be how that event goes down in Azeroth's history. "When the Tides of Vengeance struck the people of Azeroth/Kul'Tiras/Whatever..."
    Extremely awkward. Also you altered the title to make it specific. It isn't "The Tides of Vengeance" it is "Tides of Vengeance".

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Tides of Vengeance ???
    Tides is not specific, friend. Westfall has tides. The book about Jaina is Tides

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Void elves, high elves too haughty to use fel to survive now resorting to something worse for the sake of power and power alone? Hypocrites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Extremely awkward. Also you altered the title to make it specific. It isn't "The Tides of Vengeance" it is "Tides of Vengeance".
    I mean it could be "After tides of vengeance struck..." in the same way it could be "After cataclysm struck..." or "After the cataclysm struck..." while the expansion doesn't have The.

Tides is not specific, friend. Westfall has tides. The book about Jaina is Tides
    Cataclysm isn't either specific. since The Sundering is also referred to as a Cataclysm.

And I'm pretty sure that "of Vengeance" specifies which tides, just like the Tides in Jaina's book are specified with "of War" and not of Westfall.

(not saying this leak is true, just that it can't be fully debunked atm)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hypocrites.
    Pretty much describes elves in general in wow, they hate what others of their kind do, yet they justify when they do pretty much the same thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    "The Burning Crusade" A Movement by an Enemy
    "Wrath of the Lich King" An Enemy
    "Cataclysm" An Event
    "Mists of Pandaria" A Location hidden by Magic.
    "Warlords of Draenor" An Enemy and a Location
    "Legion" Half of the title of an Enemy Group
    "Tides of Vengeance" An Event? An Enemy? A Location? Could go any direction.

Maybe Vengeance Point is a location. Or the Tides of Vengeance is the name of the evil pirate fleet or ghost pirates or the Davy Jones character or the servants of N'zoth. Maybe Tides of Vengeance refers to an event in which the followers of Azshara rise up like a tide of vengeance and strike at the coastlines of Azeroth.

Cataclysm could've been titled "The Return of Deathwing" or something similar to make it "Fit" with the "We have to put the name of the enemy or location into the title!" idea. But instead it was a single word evocative title.

But I'll also point out: We seem to get two "Multiword" titles between "Monoword" titles... that's an interesting pattern.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    But I'll also point out: We seem to get two "Multiword" titles between "Monoword" titles... that's an interesting pattern.
    Probably an accident, but interesting observation nevertheless.
    And Vengeance Point IS a location on the broken shore, so probably not a reference to that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Probably an accident, but interesting observation nevertheless.
    And Vengeance Point IS a location on the broken shore, so probably not a reference to that.
    Fair point.

Vengeance Cove. Vengeance Reef. Vengeance Island. The Isle of Vengeance. The Mere of Vengeance. The lovely Red Sands resort down at Vengeance Beach where you can kick up your feet and have goblin waiters and high elf dancers serving your every whim.

Infinite freaking possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Problem is right now we have no Garrison to fuel hype. Without a race we got nothin.
    The expansion hasn't even been announced yet. They could very well announce something unexpected to fuel hype.

Did you predict garrisons before Blizzcon or something? O.o

Personally, since it's a nice homage to WCII and KT, I feel that the title will have "Tides" somewhere inside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    The expansion hasn't even been announced yet. They could very well announce something unexpected to fuel hype.

Did you predict garrisons before Blizzcon or something? O.o
    Garrisons, Housing, Order Halls... all that shit needs to be burried deep down, like a time-capsule, taht we never will re-open.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just found out there's a TCG called Tides of Vengeance
    http://www.justuptowngames.com/bmz_c...ge.250x236.jpg

The logo looks fan-made to me, though I like the idea of Tides of Vengeance or some other variation of "Tides" as the title of the expansion. It would be a nice callback to Tides of Darkness with Kul'Tiras re-entering the fray. All the more fitting if the next expansion does end up being an island based expansion with some form of a ship-garrison aswell.

Isn't it always referred to as "The Legion" and not just "Legion"?

This point you've made is not a good one. Not that I believe this Tides of Vengeance thing much.

So y'all are going to tell me that the bottom of the warcraft in the warcraft logo doesn't look like one solid color just pasted on the bottom and you actually believe it's real?

5+ Year Old Account
    The Legion is The Burning Legion. The Burning Crusade is the thing the Burning Legion are on.

The Legion is just a faster way of saying The Burning Legion.

Legion is the name of an X-Man, his TV Series, and a specific biblical incarnation of demons...

Coincidentally, that's why I think the TCG being called Tides of Vengeance isn't a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.e...803:38pp13.1.1

Useful!

Blizzard has currently not trademarked any new expansion titles.