Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You break the ignorance scale. We know Blood Elves are in the game. Thanks for keeping us up to date. People want High Elves on the Alliance side.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah factions would cease to exist if we get one more "neutral" race.
    Well then I'd just ask for every horde race to be playable on Alliance.

Why can't I get Highmountain Tauren playable on Alliance? Why not a different Troll tribe for Alliance? Why do Horde get Goblins, I interact with plenty of Goblins on Alliance. Why can't I play Alternate Draenor Orcs on Alliance? Why do I not get Lordaeron sympathising Forsaken as Alliance?

I mean would factions cease to exist if we get one more neutral race?

Because it breaks Faction identity. So no you can't get blue eyed Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-22 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Shit man, that distinguishable trait will be exceptionally clear in game. Surprised they haven't added them already /s.
    I just answered your question. I don't really care if they add them in the game or not, though I think it'd be kinda lazy just adding BE with changed eyes.

Why can't I get Highmountain Tauren playable on Alliance? Why not a different Troll tribe for Alliance?

I mean would factions cease to exist if we get one more neutral race?
    And I fully agree with you here. High Elves would make elves harder to distinct between factions.

Deleted
    Why would that make sense? Alliance should get High Elves, Horde can get one Alliance race. Maybe some renegade Worgen. Why should Alliance get all Horde races? High Elves only make sense cause High Elves are part of the Alliance right now. In the same way Taunka, Ogres, Hozen are part of the Horde and Jinyu are part of the Alliance. They are there lorewise, just not playable or well-represented.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't I get Highmountain Tauren playable on Alliance? Why not a different Troll tribe for Alliance? Why do Horde get Goblins, I interact with plenty of Goblins on Alliance. Why can't I play Alternate Draenor Orcs on Alliance? Why do I not get Lordaeron sympathising Forsaken as Alliance?
    Because none of them make sense lorewise right now. High Elves not only make sense, they are part of the Alliance already.

Because it breaks Faction identity. So no you can't get blue eyed Blood Elves.
    No, it doesn't. High Elves are part of the Alliance. It would reinforce faction identity.

Why would that make sense? Alliance should get High Elves, Horde can get one Alliance race. Maybe some renegade Worgen. Why should Alliance get all Horde races? High Elves only make sense cause High Elves are part of the Alliance right now. In the same way Taunka, Ogres, Hozen are part of the Horde and Jinyu are part of the Alliance. They are there lorewise, just not playable or well-represented.
    Because they're literally borderline extinct. They are not there Lorewise, that's the thing.

All of the rest are, you've got it...

Blood Elves.

If they turn High Elves into Void Elves they can fuck right off.
    To me, it depends on what "void elves" will look like. If they are essentially still high elves in appearance, I'd be fine with that.

For instance, I'd love for them to have bright glowing eyes and body paint like Alleria.

If they are in permanent shadow form, then no, thanks.

But, despite appearances, I hate the name "void elves". Feels cheesy. When I hear "void elves", I think of depressive elves trying to commit suicide.

Deleted
    There is a male Highborn in the Vindicar ( I forget his name) where if you "stay a while and listen" he asks about how Sylvanas leads the horde and he founds the ways of the horde interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    To me, it depends on what "void elves" will look like. If they are essentially still high elves in appearance, I'd be fine with that.

For instance, I'd love for them to have eyes and body paint like Alleria.

If they are in permanent shadow form, then no, thanks.

But, despite appearances, I hate the name "void elves". Feels cheesy. When I hear "void elves", I think of depressive elves trying to commit suicide.
    I'd assume they would look like Alleria does in the cinematic. Basically like a negative.

I'd assume they would look like Alleria does in the cinematic. Basically like a negative.
    I really hope that is not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we need more blue and purple elves...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you remove the voidshits and the light hoof people, then I could believe the list with the two others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Because we need more blue and purple elves...
    People who want High Elves on Alliance want the traditional Warcraft High Elves. Not some retarded Void fucks.

Well, now that I know high elf fanboys would throw a fit over void elves I say bring on the void elves. Make them extra void-y too.

The whole point of subraces is that they're quite similar to the main race.

A bit like normal Dwarves vs Wildhammer.
    So High elves would be fine as additional customization options for Belves.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who want High Elves on Alliance want the traditional Warcraft High Elves. Not some retarded Void fucks.
    Yeah, I'd take elves that have the blue streak like Alleria normally has.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Yeah, I'd take elves that have the blue streak like Alleria normally has.
    To fall in love with.

Has anyone checked those displayids to see which model they're attached to?

10+ Year Old Account
    following the logic we should already have tuskars then?

The problem with introducing High Elves for Alliace is that it's extremely lame and disappointing for everyone around to get cool new sub-races that differentiate quite substantially from the norm, and they only get a Blood Elf with a different eye color, which is almost impossible to see anyway with all these helmets and camera distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    The problem with introducing High Elves for Alliace is that it's extremely lame and disappointing for everyone around to get cool new sub-races that differentiate quite substantially from the norm, and they only get a Blood Elf with a different eye color, which is almost impossible to see anyway with all these helmets and camera distance.
    Don't assume that is the "only" thing you'll get. I don't think those four datamined races will be all we get.
    Take the data as evidence (not proof) that sub-races are coming, not as the totality of the feature.

What physically distinguishes a High Elf from a Blood Elf.
    the beauty about sub-races means there doens't have to be huge differences, they could be very small, or just a fresh interpretation of the race.