Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like they are going to just rename the highborn - high elves and just give us those.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck no!
    the horde will most likely get the night born elves, with all around kewl appearance and style, and we will get the blood elves with blue eyes? fuck no! I'm fine with night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    These are the only high elves which have shown enough power of will to actually be able to withstand the void's call. They didn't resort to tapping into living beings and fel to sustain themselves and have shown to posses the necessary power to contain the void. These high elves didn't give in to whichever power resource they found just to keep their eyes open.
    Yeah, a handful of High Elves meditating their way through an addiction totally means the entirety of them have the power to withstand something infinitely worse. Also, for the millionth time, no one knew about the Fel other than Rommath. And tell the last sentence to High Elves in Quel'lithien.

In this case, the void isn't something they're getting sustained by, but a power they're wielding, which still leaves their moral high ground intact.
    Because nothing screams moral high ground than turning to one of the most corruptible forms of magic for power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like some desperate attempt to latch on some traces of something.

You know what, I could believe Nightborne as "sub-race" of Blood Elves, but Void Elves for Alliance? Yeahno.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I don't honestly think I have seen such insanity in a while. I don't want nightborne on the Horde, I have argued that it makes no sense for all of them to join the alliance (if they join a faction) but It doesn't mean I want it. Getting excited over the literal scraps of a race is disturbing when you had an actual civilization as an alternative.

But yea, this list also includes fel orc, Tuskarr and Naga.
    Technically, the point of the article is that Fel Orcs, Tuskarrs, Naga etc. don't have a numerical value in certain brackets, while Nightborne, Void Elves, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei do, sharing a trait that until now was unique to playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Once again, morons taking data-mined info like it is 100% gospel with zero chance of not being removed or changed.
    Or meaning something else than what they hoped for.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-22 at 02:28 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because nothing screams moral high ground than turning to one of the most corruptible forms of magic for power.
    Indeed, especially if you do it to to help others and save Azeroth, unlike the rest of their kin which tapped into other powers and the essence of other beings just to save themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'm actually really interested in the void elf concept. It would let them find a way to make high elves playable without simply copy-pasting the blood elf model and slightly altering it. If it does end up panning out, I'll probably make my hunter one, tame a crow, name it Eatme (on a friend's suggestion), and just hang out near some of my server's more vocal opponents to playable high elves just to mess with them. If it doesn't happen, oh well, I'll make my hunter a blood elf, do the same, and hang out near the high elf proponents to mess with them instead.
    But they are still looking like Blood Elves if Alleria is anything to go by. Just with a negative filter all over them rather than having blue eyes.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-22 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But they are still Blood Elves. Just with a negative filter all over them rather than having blue eyes.
    Not necessarily. The model could be altered to show the changes--sharper facial features, animations and idles that look more stoic than proud/smug, slimmer muscles, and different hairstyles to start, as well as two forms like worgen use (a tattooed high elf model for cosmetics/roleplay, and a voidform you customize on creation in combat). Silhouette is the big concern here as far as Blizzard is concerned, if their comments on both factions sharing pandaren is to be believed, which can largely be addressed by new animations and an eye-catching voidform effect in combat.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think we'll see Subraces simply because they'd net Blizzards a shitton of paid race changes

10+ Year Old Account
    I just saw a video from another thread where he suggests Sub-Races skins will likely come in loot boxes and that the sub fee will be going away... I think he may be right. I can see Blizzard doing that, sadly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

And there's probably what, a village's worth of High Elves left on the planet?
    Wasn't it mentioned somewhere (maybe by Blizz some years back?) that there's around some 7000 high elves living in SW? Or am I utterly mistaken?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Indeed, especially if you do it to to help others and save Azeroth, unlike the rest of their kin which tapped into other powers and the essence of other beings just to save themselves.
    First of all, that was not a part of your premise. Yay for moving the goalposts. And, again, Blood Elves did that to save themselves as a nation. Which is the same kind of mentality that you praise High Elves for right now, just on a smaller scale. Except the High Elves are the ones who refused to do that, on moral grounds alone, so pretending not only that they'd behave otherwise about something that's much worse than draining mana, but also that'd it be somehow totally in line with their established moral high ground is just moronic.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-22 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feed Mehrunes. I've had him on ignore for years. He loves to go in somewhere and just stir the pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned somewhere (maybe by Blizz some years back?) that there's around some 7000 high elves living in SW? Or am I utterly mistaken?
    That's probably from the non-canon tabletop RPG, which lost its canon status back in Cata or MoP as there were simply too many inaccuracies between White Wolf's vision for Azeroth and Blizzard's. Blizz has been mum on exactly how many high elves are still left, but they largely operate in the Alliance the same way player characters do: an undefined but small group of elite, highly-skilled operatives that go on strike missions and high-risk scenarios, with most of them either part of the 7th Legion or the Silver Covenant. There's enough of them to field a standing army as seen throughout WotLK and MoP, as well as a questionable number of civilians. They're definitely a race on its last legs unless someone gets their fertility rates up, though.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    So everyone who wanted High elves get sodomized by the farce that is void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Not necessarily. The model could be altered to show the changes--sharper facial features, animations and idles that look more stoic than proud/smug, slimmer muscles, and different hairstyles to start, as well as two forms like worgen use (a tattooed high elf model for cosmetics/roleplay, and a voidform you customize on creation in combat). Silhouette is the big concern here as far as Blizzard is concerned, if their comments on both factions sharing pandaren is to be believed, which can largely be addressed by new animations and an eye-catching voidform effect in combat.
    But those are the exact same argument for making just plain old High Elves distinct from the Blood Elves (well, except the two forms one, but the other form would still be a Blood Elf, just even less altered than the main Void form). So I'm still not seeing the difference between the two from the perspective of possible playable sub-races. Besides, from what we've seen (admittedly, the example pool is two), the controllable type of Void infusion doesn't change one physically beyond the negative filter.

And as far as distinctiveness in combat goes, while I know I argued that the Void form does look somewhat different than the Shadow Form of the Shadow Priests, the degree of distinctiveness that exists here kinda flies out of the window in the heat of the moment while playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The only way i can see high elves become playable is if mudmug and uncle gao are their twin emperors.

kobolds for alliance, evil void high elves for horde
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    I'm happy with Void Elves. Make them cruel, make them good. I want to flex my muscles in front of monitor and know deep down that I'm satisfied with their look.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    the non canon rpg books.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol