7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I hope we'll have a way to skip ALL RP and Ultraxion's trash in 8.0 !
    The one true QoL update!!!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    sso this will be firs expansion who don't get a leak?

i mean even if its about south seas and feature sub-races will not be a leak, its just people guessing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think he means the "Microsoft Word" style "W" in the word World.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/static/...e-logo-wow.png

Standard in WoW logos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

i mean even if its about south seas and feature sub-races will not be a leak, its just people guessing
    We're still 12 days 2 hrs and 30 mins away. Wait till blizzcon weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Veil of Shadows is still the most likely to turn out to be legit. That said, leak the damn expansion before I piss meself.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    The background of the logo looks like it was badly wand tooled in photoshop, then replaced.

This made most of the letters in WARCRAFT get chopped up and cut off at the top, look at the top of the T and F.

The top of the R in CRAFT.

That's just my initial impression, I could be wrong, and the faker was trying to do some kind of effect with the background or to somehow make the letters looked chopped up. I don't want to assume, but it just looks like a badly done extraction instead of manually pathing out each letter.
    That's supposed to be the water lapping over them.

So not really a reason to believe it's fake.

I mean, I think it probably is fake, but...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    agree- cool looking logo, pre professional looking for what it's going for... Looks like someone put some effort into it! i say we just make it official, lol.
    effort? its the wotlk frame with water inside....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    By all means, Fummockelchen. Explain why "Tides of Vengeance" would be a problem while "Legion" would not.

Legion competes with at least 3 other things simply titled "Legion" that I can think of.

The hook, the thing that separates them, is that Blizzard didn't try to trademark "Legion". They trademarked "World of Warcraft Legion"

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...08:rlvv4p.2.13

By slapping their full product name onto the trademark (In this case World of Warcraft: Tides of Vengeance) they sidestep the issue that there's a TCG named Tides of Vengeance.
    Yeah and I mean it's not like it contains anything from their own IP either. WoD had Draenor, MoP had Pandaria, WotLK had the Lich King, TBC had... The Burning Crusade, and so on. I bet they're a lot more chilled out about a title such as this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Veil of Shadows is still the most likely to turn out to be legit. That said, leak the damn expansion before I piss meself.
    VoS was confirmed to be fake by the OP.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    The background of the logo looks like it was badly wand tooled in photoshop, then replaced.

This made most of the letters in WARCRAFT get chopped up and cut off at the top, look at the top of the T and F.

The top of the R in CRAFT.

That's just my initial impression, I could be wrong, and the faker was trying to do some kind of effect with the background or to somehow make the letters looked chopped up. I don't want to assume, but it just looks like a badly done extraction instead of manually pathing out each letter.

There's also no trademark symbol.
    ... I thought that was meant to be bronze-tarnish... which is green-blue and associated with ships thanks to the ubiquitousness of bronze in English and French ship accenting and it's tendency to tarnish in salt-sea air.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Yeah and I mean it's not like it contains anything from their own IP either. WoD had Draenor, MoP had Pandaria, WotLK had the Lich King, TBC had... The Burning Crusade, and so on. I bet they're a lot more chilled out about a title such as this.
    The Burning Crusade became a term only with TBC/Rise of the Horde. And out of the separate words Burning was linked to the Burning legion, and crusade to any of the crusades. But together they didn't have a meaning before what I mentioned.

In the same way Tides could be linked either to Jaina and the book Tides of War, to the South Seas/Kultiras or to Khadgar, Daelin, Turalyon, Alleria (characters from Tides of Darkness).

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    After so long, version 17 of the HYPE TRAIN!

I love you Pantupino. Being present not once but TWICE on the hype train is a real honor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    The Burning Crusade became a term only with TBC/Rise of the Horde. And out of the separate words Burning was linked to the Burning legion, and crusade to any of the crusades. But together they didn't have a meaning before what I mentioned.

In the same way Tides could be linked either to Jaina and the book Tides of War, to the South Seas/Kultiras or to Khadgar, Daelin, Turalyon, Alleria (characters from Tides of Darkness).
    That's true, although I suppose they had decided that they wanted The Burning Crusade to be a thing moving on from there. Tides of Vengeance doesn't really sound like something you'd carry on as the name of an organisation etc.

One thing struck me rn. A lot of people speculate about Horde vs Alliance conflict making a comeback in this new expansion, however we know that we are supposed to come out of Antorus all well and safe with a mission to "protect the final titan"? So how is it supposed to be explained - like hey there go save Azeroth but somehow factions don't give a single damn and fight over Azeroth's blood or even more petty reasons?
    S.H.

I thought the logo was going to be purple, but the "drowned letter" effect and the ghostly/watery cyan make me think of the ghost horse.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    effort? its the wotlk frame with water inside....
    Its almost as if all the expansion logos are the same frames with different colours.

Hey, if i didn't have to make it, thats someone else's effort gone into trying to bamboozle the internet!
    Of course, results vary.

It be a nice shade of green though :^)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    That's true, although I suppose they had decided that they wanted The Burning Crusade to be a thing for the moving on from there. Tides of Vengeance doesn't really sound like something you'd carry on as the name of an organisation etc.
    Could be a fleet of undead pirates seeking vengeance?

Or could just be multiple characters wanting vengeance, so the evens together become Tides of Vengeance

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    One thing struck me rn. A lot of people speculate about Horde vs Alliance conflict making a comeback in this new expansion, however we know that we are supposed to come out of Antorus all well and safe with a mission to "protect the final titan"? So how is it supposed to be explained - like hey there go save Azeroth but somehow factions don't give a single damn and fight over Azeroth's blood or even more petty reasons?
    It's pretty common for two people given the same job, who don't like each other, to think they should be the only one doing it, because the other one is incompetent and dangerous.

So the Horde and Alliance could both think "Can't trust those other idiots, WE must take over this source of power to protect Azeroth, otherwise the idiots will fuck up or abuse it!". Is it dumb? Yes, but it's the sort of thing that happens.

EDIT: I did epic fast look up and yea i'm wrong about her so I edited my post. It was all caused because of that one screenshot comparing Eonar's size and she was put outside so I misunderstood that. Mb. Still the point is similar - go save azeroth. No fk it we're going nuts against each other. The only explanation is some faction leader's going rogue similar to Varimathras subterfuge or Garrosh.
    S.H.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's pretty common for two people given the same job, who don't like each other, to think they should be the only one doing it, because the other one is incompetent and dangerous.

So the Horde and Alliance could both think "Can't trust those other idiots, WE must take over this source of power to protect Azeroth, otherwise the idiots will fuck up or abuse it!". Is it dumb? Yes, but it's the sort of thing that happens.
    Exactly the kind of shit I expect Greymane to pull. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    If we are going purely on a name basis and not the leak connected to it, I personally liked "Shadowfall". It's vague enough that it could cover a lot of things and it mostly speaks to a general darkening of the world.

It's probably not specific enough for WoW though. They tend to be more specific and direct about their expansion names.