Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It is funny how all the people who have, for as long as I'm part of this community, claimed that blood elves are high elves now claim that void elves aren't high elves. They've been throwing tantrums about how whoever wants to play as a high elf should just play as a blood elf, but all of a sudden void elves aren't high elves and they're a problem.
    They are the same race yes, which is what people always have shrieked about "No they are different!!!" etc. They aren't High elves in the sense that Sargeri are not Draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Who cares about nomenclature if we get the models.
    That is one thing for certain the Alliance will never have.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Void elves? Hell yeah, sign me up!

Just make sure not to exclude Death Knights, Mages and Paladins from their classes yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    yep, damn hypocritical of them, it's only an overused trope and boring when it comes to high elves or something they don't like. They fawn over the same over used trope like no one elses business and don't tire of the cheese once it's something htey like. And for the few that are so wanna be alternative, you are such a small niche (@mehrunes) this company woudl have gone bust if they pandered only to your sense of what's cool.. glad blizzard saw sense and are given high elves they are extremely loved and popular.
    First of all, leave it to you to fuck up even something as simple as a mention. Secondly, anything that's an overused trope is an overused trope and one's enjoyment of it does not negate the fact. It's almost as if the two different things were different. Thirdly, seriously, don't use things you don't understand. This time it being hypocrisy. Because people liking one things and finding another boring, with different people not sharing an opinion on which is which is the fucking default state of things as far as enjoyment goes.

And finally, what the fuck are you even bullshitting about you fucking liar? Because word-salad aside, I have this nagging feeling you're lumping me in with people who dislike High Elves for them being a cliche. And I challenge you to once in your goddamn life own up to your inane horseshit and back your idiotic claims up. Because for the life of me, I do not recall ever making an argument against High Elves, be it about them being playable or in general, based on them being a cliche. Or any WoW Elves being a cliche.

I mean, WoW in general is a septic tank of ideas, so the fact that High Elves are cliche in a setting full of cliches is another case of a default state of things. Now, there may be a bit too many Elves in WoW right now, but it has much more to do with them clogging the spotlight in general, not with how many shapes or colors of Elves there are. And the gist of my argument about playable High Elves had nothing to do with cliches. It had everything to do with how annoying yours and your ilk's decade-long (more than that, even) whining about playable High Elves is.

Because while @Trumpcat may have a point that many people playing Belf couldn't care less about the Horde and are there for that one race alone, you and your kind are guilty of the exact opposite. You care so much about the faction you play on that the desire to play a Thalassian Elf got lost in that. Because they are here for more than a decade. It's just they are on the wrong faction and that very fact seems to trigger you to no end, because you apparently can't deal with reality. You don't see threads about where are muh Horde humans, even though Alterac sided with the Horde (in the very same Warcraft game that added the High Elves). And that behavior is outright pathetic. So even if you do get your "High" Elves, that won't magically unmake more than a decade of patheticness.

and yes, you'd be foolish as a company not to use your biggest asset, the thing people loved most about LOTR and what wow bears the highest semblanace too is Lotr, it can have horde blood elves, but it needs high elves too and playable.
    Literally why.

And don't kid yourself that void elves won't be what I am thinking it is. it is high elves on the alliance, it is a great move, and many would love it. They are even giving it a cool twist so it's not exactly the same as blood elves , but make no mistake about it, it's high elves.. and the haters know it.
    You have multiple people that want playable High Elves that are in no way loving the prospect of Void Elves in this very thread. And since the Blood Elf-High Elf split was merely a political one, based on morals, given how Void Elves go against what the High Elves that split from Quel'thalas stood for, any Void Elf forsakes that label.

they're high elves, just like nightborne are night elves, with just enough of a twist to make people view them as different when they are essentially that.. the void thing at least will make those in denial feel that it's not exactly blood elves so they feel better, but it is essentially high elves, and they are going to look like blood elves except for their void ability thing. - I'm thinking it's going to be more like worgen with a transformation - except this time you are not forced into a form in combat but rather certain abilities will trigger the state.
    Nightborne are still a race separate from Night Elves. Inb4 more of your assurances on howyou don't spread headcanon And even ignoring your inability to operate in canon, you're comparing applies to oranges. The difference (that you pretend doesn't exist) between Nightborne and Night Elves is biological. The difference between High Elves and Blood Elves is political. Infusing oneself in Void goes against the political issue that High Elves split themselves from Blood Elves over. It'd go against their very political identity. Making them no longer High Elves.

Your argument is that of pretending that one's past political choices define someone's political status forever (and not even the first one, because you're dishonest like that). And that is an infinitely idiotic argument to make.

keep telling yourself tat, i'd be enjoying my high elf with their special powers and enjoy how amazing and heroic htey are for being able to handle the void which no one else can, it will elevate their spepcial snowflake stats and give them an awe inspiring niche worthy of elk-kind. This is going to be amazing. I know it, you know it.
    The fact you said anything of this, let alone the whole thing, with straight face is all kinds of sad.

insane rambling? My my are you flustered? is that jealousy I detect. I susppose you'd be able to spot insane rambling the way you've gone off on folk on the forums, you should be most familiar with it, but then insanity means you won't even be able to spot it , especially in yourself let alone others.
    The accidental case of self-awareness here is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think that ravenmoon lost it. There is no coming back from fanfiction land once you are this deep.
    Northem would be proud though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    This is probably the most entertaining thread I've read since I joined.

Not because I think Void elves are impossible, no matter how much I dislike the concept myself, but because all this "mad prophet rant" claiming the starts have aligned and wheels have turned like universe itself wants them playable.
    Also the thing about Blizzard shifting Nightborne to Horde to distract Horde players from Alliance getting Helves is the funniest thing I've read here.
    Hey, just because you're blind to the truth doesn't mean everyone is. Also, how dare you undermine Macemoon's efforts for making High Elves playable? All that campaigning, all of the other lengths they went to (including fortune telling from fish innards, praying to Blizzard-sama and deliberately misreading things like Blizz interviews), ridiculed by the likes of you...
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-22 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The point is that in that case the Horde can't have the same representation as the Alliance and this would innevitably lead to a meltdown among the fanbase. Just look at how many complain that there are not enough Horde characters leading the fight against the Legion.

The high elves that are alligned with the Alliance are the outcasts, not the blood elves. The blood elves hold the high elven home kingdom of Quel'thalas.

The present-day high elves of the Alliance are literally the Frostwolf orcs of the Old Horde who wouldn't sell their tradition out.
    They were outcasts in context of Garithos basicaly kicking them out of Alliance and ordering their execution.

But I admit it's kinda hard to discuss this since there's been tons of retcons and High elves were introduced into Alliance again in WoW.
    Blizz created this mess themselves.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-10-22 at 04:48 PM.

It is funny how all the people who have, for as long as I'm part of this community, claimed that blood elves are high elves now claim that void elves aren't high elves. They've been throwing tantrums about how whoever wants to play as a high elf should just play as a blood elf, but all of a sudden void elves aren't high elves and they're a problem.

It is like that Alleria drama where all the blood elf players absolutely loved her character and kept taunting others whenever their desired allegiance for her came into question. The moment that talk with Vereesa popped up on the Vindicaar, the shift in idea became palpable in this subsection.

The only thing that ever made sense to me is that normal high elves are added to the Alliance, not any other kind.
    Because it spits on the very shaky foundation of what defines a high elf, which is their morality, they were utterly unwilling to drain anything they deem corrupting or disgusting and these elves would suddenly embrace a form of magic that is as corrupting as fel and as bad to the environment. The high elves are those guys that don't make great pragmatic choices, but rather those they are comfortably with.

They would biological still be the same, but the choice to embrace void is not high elven.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-10-22 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They are the same race yes, which is what people always have shrieked about "No they are different!!!" etc. They aren't High elves in the sense that Sargeri are not Draenei.
    Neither are physiologically normal high elves the way they've been known prior to the Third War. They're variants shaped by the environment and the experiences they've been through, with changed ideologies and allegiances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because it spits against the very shaky foundation of what defines a high elf, which is their morality, they were utterly unwilling to drain anything they deem corrupting or disgusting and these elves would suddenly embrace a form of magic that is as corrupting as fel and as bad to the environment. The high elves are those guys that don't make great pragmatic choices, but rather those they are comfortably with.

They would biological still be the same, but the choice to embrace void is not high elven.
    Both are a mess in my opinion. One side taps into the fel, the other into the void.

In the end we'll need a Garithos to clean this mess up.

oh please, lets not keep this charade up any longer, you full know well as i did I was theorizing not stating lore, so how could i be bending canon when i'm not stating canon but giving a possible theory.. something i made quite clear at the time, but you just happened to ignore in your eagerness to slander me cos you didn't like what i was saying.
    Your lies about past events don't magically make the characterization of events you just pulled out of your ass to save face common knowledge.

Afterall blizzard bend their own lore all the time they create twists and shift direction, re-interpreting something they had presented in a different light. Perfectly acceptable to anticipate that as a possible development wh en you are theorizing and speculating. That's why it's called speculation - d'uh .. not on ce was i pretending it was lore,and you're behaving foolishing and showing your own prejudice if you honestly believe i was (foolish) or just saying so (prejudice/spite/vindictiveness)
    Blizzard being able to change their lore doesn't change the fact that presenting things that go against established lore (but that you'd love to be true to satisfy your Elven boner) at the time of you writing it as canon (which you did and even admitted to doing in case of the "intermediary step" period) is headcanon. Hiding those facts with your lies and, in case of these two paragraphs, abject victim complex also does nothing to change that.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is what is annoying me as well. It would have added a lot of clarity if the lean caster elves were just all blood elves (And vereesa never existed or was among them) in the same way that blood elves would have felt fitting in the Horde if the Blood Knights had stayed . . . bloody.
    No ca't do. Gotta light it up and have 1000 liandrin appaerances every expansion.

@Mace wtf happened.
    Well, to make it believable that your two accounts usually used to validate each other's posts are two different people, "they" also have to disagree with "each other" every now and then.

Both are a mess in my opinion. One side taps into the fel, the other into the void.

In the end we'll need a Garithos to clean this mess up.
    Naw humans are just as rotten

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought you did not like subverted elf concepts?
    Arrashi doesn't like elves in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Naw humans are just as rotten
    Not saying they're not, but he could've spared us from this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s not really that. It’s the definition of a subrace. High Elves, while descendent from Night Elves, are their own separate race now. It wouldn’t make sense for Night Elves to have High Elves as a subrace.
    Well, technically they can make the Blood Elf sub-race of High/Void/Flipped Elves playable on Alliance and the Night Elf subrace of Nightborne playable on the Horde. The logic behind sub-races would be preserved, the Horde would have a playable sub-race of a popular Alliance race to compensate. The UI would be somewhat messy though, I suppose. Especially if the other sub-races stick to their mother race's faction.

Lore will never fully make sense as long as symmetrical additions are made to both factions. Such additions always lead to pairing one logical choice with another illogical one or even worse.

High Elves are already in the game they are called Blood Elves they just changed their name to Sin'dorei after they survived the attack that nearly wiped them out. If the alliance get anything from the post it looks like permanent void elves. And a large chance of that not happening at all.

Quote from WoWWiki
    The Blood Elves or Sin'dorei in Thalassian ("children of the blood"), are a race composed of former high elves who renamed themselves in honor of their people who were killed during the siege of Quel'Thalas by the Scourge during the Third War.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    During the 7.3 storyline is also shown how none of the Locus Walker's brethren managed to escape the influence of the Void, confirming Alleria as the "best student" of his. Given that, it would be rather unbelievable for a random bunch of elves coming from nowhere to succeed where the whole Ethereal race (minus the LW) failed.
    Hey, at least Macemoon admitted that they want a race of unique special snowflakes.

Which have me asking, they're an actual thing? Because, even though I'm unsubbed, I made the effort to watch the fucking 2 hours long Nobbel video concerning the entirety of the 7.3 storyline available at the moment and I haven't seen a single High Elf who wasn't Alleria.
    Currently unsubbed too, only following the lore. I think Friendly is still subbed and couldn't find them in-game. But still, it's more of a lore point, so they could be there and are just not shown. Their numbers would still be fucking atrocious though.

I loved the verb "happen" in past tense. So it's not like he's a time traveler who knows what's coming next, he's effectively saying playable Alliance High Elves are already a thing. It's like reaching levels so critical of hysteria that past, present and future merge into a mixed puddle of absurdity.
    Ah, well, the past tense is what I was referring to by calling them a time traveler. You know, going back in time to tells us about how "High" Elves are totes playable in their time.

Pretty sure the first Chronicle volume played an huge part in the later admission (even though the introduction of Nightborne was important as well) as I vividly remember a moderately angry Mace bashing the volume to death right after the first spoilery page regarding Night Elf origins came out (and you wouldn't believe it, there was not even the barest mention about intermediary steps, who would have thought).

Here's a few key moments leading to the destruction of all that was good and holy:

<Snip>
    'Twas a glorious read, thanks for that lol.

Such selfish pricks these Blood Elves. It's not like they managed to save the whole of their kingdom and, consequently, their children and future. That wasn't clearly enough for the Snowaflake High Elves though, they deserved to be way more special than that, to do nothing in order to protect that future and just wait the chance to turn into the Azerothian Avengers, leaving the protection of their own kingdom and future to those filthy bastards that dared to get their hands dirty in order to do just that.
    But remember, High Elves finally getting their hands dirty with questionable magic to protect Azeroth is not only completely different what Blood Elves did because reasons, but also completely in line with their moral high-ground over the mana draining!

Too bad the post you just quoted sustained an actually fallacious point. But I understand the usual High Elf narrative is so fragile it needs to be protected with all means necessary.
    Pot-stirrer alert, pot-stirrer alert!

Yeah, it's not like pretty much everyone in that thread was calling out of your bullshit and that was the case precisely because you were fucking canon lore in the butt in order to keep your utterly baseless "theory" afloat.
    Hell, when it comes to the intermediary step period, at least in the threads you linked me for the lols, there were even some random posters and not just lore foru, usuals that said that. Including the person who coined the term headcasecanon as a proper description of Macemoon's degree of headcanon.

Ehm, Blizzard "bends their own lore" because it's their lore. It's them that created it, it's their right and duty to push it towards one or another direction. They can make good or bad decisions but, as creators, they still make choices based on the context and right of being creators.
    Shhh, if your headcanon eventually becomes true because of retcones, it's also retroactively not headcanon even in the time period when it was completely baseless! Because magic.

Unfortunately, you must have probably forgot that you are no Blizzard story writer, you didn't create WoW's lore not contributed with anything Blizzard deemed worthy to be considered canon. Which means any attempt of yours to bend canon will always be nothing but fanfiction.
    They still contributed to it though. All the lengths and campaining they went through to make High Elves playable. Alas, I see you're yet another person making light of Macemoon's sacrifices for the Warcraft franchise.

It is funny how all the people who have, for as long as I'm part of this community, claimed that blood elves are high elves now claim that void elves aren't high elves. They've been throwing tantrums about how whoever wants to play as a high elf should just play as a blood elf, but all of a sudden void elves aren't high elves.
    It's called denial and saltyness.

Yes, like you and your cohorts are everyone! - I am being sarcastic... (i feel the need to spell it out for you here)
    As opposed to you and Mace being the only person agreeing with you And lol at @Zulkhan's cohorts. All kinds of posters disagreed with you. Even some randoms that post in lore forum every once in forever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Arrashi doesn't like elves in general.
    Hate is a strong word, but i really, really really don't like them.

it's quite clear, he just doesn't like them, there will never be nay thing nice or flattering about them coming from him, one continuous shit storm of undermining, twisting, devaluing and looking at all of it in the worse possible light. And when anyone tries to point out what they see as good or attractive, their points will never be valid ofc, haters will pick each one apart trying to show how bad or undesirable or un-necessary even they are. Like you can explain away desire and love. Those that love will love, those that hate will hate. You hate high elves you can roll horde and kill them, if you have blood elves you can roll alliance and kill them, that's why blizz has the two faction system and encourages the race hating cross faction. It's wow's unique thing
    This is yet another bizarre example of complete lack of self-awareness on your part.