Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    How the fuck did you manage to create a topic without "how the fuck" in the title?

Anyway, no. I'd rather not play a version of WoW full of circlejerking nostalgia-tards with nothing better to do than shit on the retail game "cuz memories."
    Is it really so hard for you to believe that some people actually do like the old game better for legitimate reasons?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I would come back instantly. Retail is neither a RPG or a MMO in my mind anymore so I'm done for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played through classic when it was relevant, and had a lot of fun doing so. Would it be fun doing it again? Fuck no, it'd be horrible, from beginning to the very end. Wouldn't touch it, even if it was completely free.

Doubt Blizzard is stupid enough to implement them, especially when the main game is still popular.

It will never happen, get over it. Devs and most ppl want to see whats next not what was 13 years ago.

I don't think they will.

But if they did I dabble. Mostly for when content droughts are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogzeh View Post
    Devs and most ppl want to see whats next not what was 13 years ago.

You were saying...?

Why dont people just cap their toons level at what ever legacy you want?

I'm a casual, so I'd be casual on both.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: No

Long answer: Fuck no
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    Why dont people just cap their toons level at what ever legacy you want?
    Because it's changed too much. You steamroll 60 raids in Blues nowadays. The stat changes and numbers are completely different than they were in Vanilla in terms of health and damage. And Legacy set bonuses are inactive as well.

It's not gunna happen so who cares o/

Nope. I started in TBC, but I need change. I can't deal with a stagnant game with systems that, in my opinions, only worked back then, when we didn't know any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'm a casual, so I'd be casual on both.
    Old world and it’s quests are gone.

If I could still visit pre cata Azeroth I would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You were saying...?
    That's not much of a "gotcha!" you probably hoped it is.

If it came at no extra cost, I'd probably give it a whirl though I doubt it would keep me for long as everytime I tried to play on a vanilla private server I ended up quitting within the first hour because I really don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was 13.

But I would not under any circumstances pay extra for it.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-10-22 at 05:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If these "Legacy" servers were the game as it was during that respective expansion (or vanilla) with the allowance of using current 3rd party addons (DBM, Recount)... then yes.

I've always wanted to experience vanilla WoW with DBM.

No. I enjoyed past expansions, sure. I really dislike legion, and I hated wod. The last time I had an all around enjoyable time in the game was MoP, and that's probably why I don't really play that much anymore.

I hate the idea of legacy servers, because what's the point? The game has moved on, and people should too. If you really dislike WoW so much currently you just want to play in a server locked at one specific point in time for the game, the just stop playing. I hate that argument, but it's ultimately the most accurate one in this case.

It's an incredibly small group that even wants the legacy servers, so I really don't understand why anyone thinks blizzard should cater to that group anyways.

Nope.

I don't care about any kind of legacy server, I'm content with the present.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play but not as my primary way of playing the game. It all sounds good but there would be no new content released, nothing would improve or evolve. It would be fun for a few months, maybe even a year but then the magic feeling would just disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO!

only reason i would play it, is if they add in some of the no longer obtainable transmog items + an cheaper way to get T3. And since Legacy has no Transmog. No.