Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If its just the 4 subraces(2 for horde and 2 for alliance) it is going to be extremely underwhelming
    They would need to add at least 1 sub race for each race. 1 for tauren and 1 for draenei is just kicking all the orcs in the teeth
    My suspicion is that if this is what they are doing instead of a new race/s, they will do one for everyone, just these ones are the only ones that are, A, already in game (Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei and Nightbourne) , or B, ready (The Void elves).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, not too exciting. Void Elves just seem like they're trying to add High Elves with a new name, Highmountain Tauren are practically Tauren with two sets of new antlers. Lightforged Draenei are pretty much just draenei with customization styles they arbitrarily decided normal draenei couldn't have.

The only interesting ones are the Nightborne, and of course they have to be Horde.
    The Highmountain Tribe has different war paint markings. People have been asking for Wildhammer Dwarves for a while, and literally the only difference there is the tattoos.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    For those catching up, please read this post by Simca in the speculation thread regarding subraces. There's still a lot doubt and I'm personally not convinced either way just yet.

Yeah, did so yesterday but here's some screenshots for those in doubt still.

Nightborne point to Night Elf.
    Highmountain Tauren point to Tauren
    Void Elf point to Blood Elves
    Lightforged point to (Lightforged? Hard to tell diff with all geosets enabled) Draenei
    Did these new races get any entries in Charsection?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Did these new races get any entries in Charsection?
    Yes, but other non-playable races also have a basic amount of entries, so nothing to be gained from that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's already a thread about them.

Blue eyes.
    How should I have known that a thread called "high elves in alliance" was actually a link to this news?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    The Highmountain Tribe has different war paint markings. People have been asking for Wildhammer Dwarves for a while, and literally the only difference there is the tattoos.
    True, but different war paint markings and antlers aren't really much compared to essentially a new model with (afaik) some new animations. Unless the playable Nightborne are really just slightly reskinned Night Elves.

Something more equal to Nightborne for the Horde would be Broken for the Alliance, or Zandalari Trolls, since they are a variation of an existing race, but also have new models.

they'll probably charge $15 to change sub races

It boggles my mind that, storywise, a group of people who chose exile over siphoning magic from other entities would then, now that the addiction/withdrawal has passed, go full tilt into void siphoning.

Seriously. Wut?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    that and honor. belfs have the honor of an assasin and high elves try to stick to their old values and principels. oh yeah and they dont betray someone in every expansion.
    Honor isn't a physical difference. Kind of sounds like you jumped straight to defending High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Demon Hunters do, don't they?
    Yep !
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Well, not really, because other 'copied' NPC races that were built to support being geared up like player models, but aren't meant for players, like the Legion naga and vrykul models, use "0" as their create and select columns. Even the ones that were designed off existing player models like the fel iron orcs in Tanaan use the "0" charselect/create files. It would take a conscious decision to leave the charselect and create screens pointing to the existing files given no other alternative races have that issue. This is very likely the 'Iron Horde doodad' texture from 5.4's files that foreshadowed WoD, along with the Kul'Tiras items datamined.

- - - Updated - - -

Demon Hunters have entirely new voiceovers. No reason to think subraces won't, too.
    Well, as I said earlier... there is a very high Chance that they simply copied the entries from other races (nelfs, belfs etc.) and simply didn't bother to Change this value. All in all, if that value is 0 or anything else, it does not matter at all, as ist not being utilizied. This is after all just a "pointer" to the char Screens in the WoW Client files and not some extra data which really matters.

And yes, it is a bit of a lazy DB design, but I have seen tons of stuff like that... or well, sometimes its better to not mess with values which don't hurt. Maybe there's a random Chance that if they Change These values to 0, that something would stop working etc.

Overall, this DB stuff does not really point towards anything (or its nowhere as near to be some 'evidence' pointing towards subraces, especially because of the following purpose). These races (void elfs and lightforged draenei) are being utilized in the Anthorus raid, so that's their purpose and not being new playable races.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-10-22 at 09:05 PM.

Yes, but other non-playable races also have a basic amount of entries, so nothing to be gained from that.
    It should have file names for the textures and such, it may give us a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Overall, this DB stuff does not really point towards anything (or its nowhere as near to be some 'evidence' pointing towards subraces, especially because of the following purpose). These races (void elfs and lightforged draenei) are being utilized in the Anthorus raid, so that's their purpose and not being new playable races.
    Counterargument to this:

1) They have not added non-playable races to this database since WotLK.

2) Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren were not added to the database until 7.3 (at the same time as the other 2), well after they were being used in the game as NPCs.

Deleted
    Races sofar (if true) are not something i would make.
    If sub-races happen then i am waiting for Brown (or Fel) Orcs, Forest Trolls and Forsaken High Elfs.

This may be the first signs of something great! It seems everything's pointing to subraces and more customization next expansion, but I'll believe it when we get official word on it.

The "void elf" thing is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it. A lot of people want high elves for Alliance, but they will never be a full-fledged race, they'd be an Alliance-aligned subrace at best. It's possible that these "void elves" would have two forms you could optionally swap between, a default high elf form and a void form. However, for the sake of the Alliance identity, the void form should truly be optional. I won't delve any further into this "void elf" discussion, because I don't know how I feel about it.

For the "lightforged draenei"...I like that idea. They seems to have some pretty sweet customization options (even though they're NPCs). I wouldn't warrant them as a subrace, but rather an add-on to the default draenei. Regardless, I would welcome "lightforged draenei" customization with open arms. The facial hair and glowing golden eyes are cool.

I don't even need to go into detail about the Nightborne. I love their culture, their appearance...all that good stuff. I figured from day one that they would eventually become a playable subrace. Personally, I would like to see them lean more towards the Horde due to Tyrande's disregard for them and the conversations between Liadrin and Silgryn. However, I also understand people on the Alliance want to play as Nightborne. It'll be interesting to see what will be done with them.

I figured the Highmountain would also eventually be added as a subrace. They have a unique culture, those awesome moose antlers, and they have a lot in common with default tauren. I know they are neutral, but everything points to them siding with their brethren in the Horde.

Anyway, just a few more weeks until BlizzCon, exciting! I know this "datamined" stuff in unconfirmed, but I hope they formally announce expanded customization and subraces for the next expansion. I've been wanting more customization for a long time now. I just hope that Dark Iron, Wildhammer, Broken, Mag'har, Taunka, Forest Trolls and any other subraces we want will be included as well.

another round add high elves to the alliance and fuck the horde they need to die.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Void Elves and Lightforged have the same selection screen ids as the other Alliance races, while Nightborne and Highmountain share ids with Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Void Elves and Lightforged have the same selection screen ids as the other Alliance races, while Nightborne and Highmountain share ids with Horde.
    There is also the possibility that Void elves will be a character customization available to blood elves too - this data-mined information won't show that, and likewise Nightborne could be available as a skin for night elves - this would be particularly true if the lore ended up showing that void elves were not a separate racial group to blood elves on the horde being a path some of them choose, but as it is unique to the thalassian group, which isn't playable on the alliance they have to be a separate race on there. And likewise Nightborne were not separate racial group to night elves after the Arcan'dor fruit change and full re-unification happened therefore being an option available to night elves to choose but as no night elf race is on the horde to facilitate the nightborne who want to join them, necessitating their own separate race or sub-race screen tagged on to blood elves.

Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain tauren get unique ones on the same faction because they are built as separate groups to the Draenei and Tauren, while Nightborne mix with the night elf pool seamlessly (except for those helping out the blood elves) and some blood elves choose the void path and so the option is fully integrated with that race on the horde but not on the alliance where it is a separate small race or minor race or an allied race - however they will call it, possibly even sub-race.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2017-10-23 at 12:10 AM.

Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei were all added in 7.3. Welp, that shakes things up a bit!
    From article. Should just close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    From article. Should just close thread.
    It's not confirmed they're playable yet. It's just verified those entries were added to that table in 7.3 and not beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Well then I'd just ask for every horde race to be playable on Alliance.

Why can't I get Highmountain Tauren playable on Alliance? Why not a different Troll tribe for Alliance? Why do Horde get Goblins, I interact with plenty of Goblins on Alliance. Why can't I play Alternate Draenor Orcs on Alliance? Why do I not get Lordaeron sympathising Forsaken as Alliance?

I mean would factions cease to exist if we get one more neutral race?

Because it breaks Faction identity. So no you can't get blue eyed Blood Elves.
    Do you actually understand what you're "arguing", or are you intentionally trying to rile people up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I just answered your question. I don't really care if they add them in the game or not, though I think it'd be kinda lazy just adding BE with changed eyes.

And I fully agree with you here. High Elves would make elves harder to distinct between factions.
    I mean... no it wouldn't? Cough Pandaren cough.

But even if it did... what does that matter, exactly?