Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    No you cry racism every time a black guy gets killed by a white cop. Whether it's warranted or not.
    Every time? You sure about that? You might want to recheck.

Just so you know I call out violence on white people from cops too. It's almost like I'm against police using excessive force on any race.

And just to blow your mind more. I supported Zimmerman when he shot Trayvon Martin in self defense.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-10-22 at 02:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Everyone has different experiences. The fact that any one group of people might share an experience here or there does not overcome the diversity of experiences between individuals within a group. You're doing two things here: one, you're assuming that people of a particular group share particular experiences across the entire group, and two, you're giving these experiences much more weight than other experiences when it comes to understanding diversity of ideas. These assertions need to be justified.

But let's make the assumption that race/sex/sexuality-specific perspectives exist. Why would you assume that these very slightly different perspectives would change the ability to do one's job or the access to ideas that individuals have? How does this make Apple engineers more effective workers?

Pretty much this.

But for the sake of argument, that a partictular group share a partictualr experence. I doubt that this would result in a partictular experinece being brought to the table, or at least it wouldn't be guarenteed, because two or more individuals in the same group might interept this experience differently. Hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I've been out all day so I haven't been replying to everyone. I'm also bad at replying to posts I agree with (partially because it's against the forum rules to simply post "I agree", and partially because I'm too lazy/retarded to come up with something insightful/witty to add to an otherwise good post). In any case I don't disagree with what he said.
    That those studies are faulty and have other studies countering them? Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So in the land of pretend outrage a black women is the one who has to call out that the emperor has no cloths?
    And then apologise for wrong think, because the voice of black women only matter when they say the correct things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Well followed =/= credible.

If you want to take them as fact, that is your problem.
    I mean, here you go: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/fullcredits/

At a glance, it looks like her source is pretty dead-on.

How do you even get credibility in the land of finding out casts for feature films? Is there some kind of certification you're looking for?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I mean, here you go: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/fullcredits/

At a glance, it looks like her source is pretty dead-on.

How do you even get credibility in the land of finding out casts for feature films? Is there some kind of certification you're looking for?
    I was talking about it being promoted as a diverse cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Haha, no but they do like the idea that diversity consists of an entire room of white blond blue-eyed men.
    Diversity of ideas is what matters, not having people with different skin colors.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    And then apologise for wrong think, because the voice of black women only matter when they say the correct things.
    Well that is kind of depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That those studies are faulty and have other studies countering them? Fair enough.
    No that diversity measures in practice can be ineffective and cause animosity/division rather than improving group relations.

Do you have anything more to add than "those studies are faulty", because I highly doubt anyone here knows more about the topic of diversity programs and the relevant studies than I do, if only because I had to do so much research on the topic for my thesis.

The contemporary left wing manifestation of diversity is the very definition of racist. It presumes people are different merely based on skin color

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I was talking about it being promoted as a diverse cast.
    I don't know what they're promoting, but googling "black panther diverse" gives a fair bit of uncritical adulation (YMMV due to personalization).

Personally, I'm fine with it. Unless I missed something (possible, I don't really care about comics), it's basically set in Africa, so it should mostly be about black people. Demanding more whitey is about as silly as the insistence that the weirdo fringe has on putting black people into Middle Ages Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Diversity of ideas is what matters, not having people with different skin colors.
    That's not what a "diversity chief" is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Then it's a useless position.

What does your skin color have to do with how well you code programs or design smart phones. BTW it's amazing that you want to revert to a society that judges people solely on the color of their skin. Seems kind of racist to me.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    The only diversity that matters, diversity of thought, is the one that is looked down upon in a liberal dominated society.

- - - Updated - - -

What does your skin color have to do with how well you code programs or design smart phones. BTW it's amazing that you want to revert to a society that judges people solely on the color of their skin. Seems kind of racist to me.
    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
    The left has burned down this principal with a vengeance.

You're free to have that opinion.

I didn't ask Google to hire a diversity chief.

Have you mistaken me for Google's HR department?

But you know, I'm old enough to know how things really work, and I'm far too cynical to believe that Google did so if there wasn't a real monetary justification for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You're free to have that opinion.

I didn't ask Google to hire a diversity chief.

Have you mistaken me for Google's HR department?

But you know, I'm old enough to know how things really work, and I'm far too cynical to believe that Google did so if there wasn't a real monetary justification for it.
    So you are going to avoid actually answering my question then. Good to know.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    9% black, 12% Hispanic, 19% Asian and 56% white are poor numbers? What? I am sorry, but that matches California's pretty well. 6% Black, 37% Hispanic, 13% Asian, 40% White is what California was in 2010. Besides a low Hispanic number and WHite being a bit higher, it is not bad. What do you except? To be perfectly equal? Why? Trying to get 'diversity' at the extent is ultimately racist itself.

I agree with her, and are sad Apple has tried to stifle her talk instead of engage in an actual conversion.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    No that diversity measures in practice can be ineffective and cause animosity/division rather than improving group relations.

Do you have anything more to add than "those studies are faulty", because I highly doubt anyone here knows more about the topic of diversity programs and the relevant studies than I do, if only because I had to do so much research on the topic for my thesis.
    Then you don't agree with what he said...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What do you except? To be perfectly equal? Why? Trying to get 'diversity' at the extent is ultimately racist itself.
    It's because people aren't the same. Black people have "black people thoughts and opinions", white people have "white people thoughts and opinions", so from choosing people with diverse skin colours you automatically get a whole mixture of different thoughts.

Pretty sure that's the argument.

I'm lost on the reasoning behind it though - It seems to either be working on the assumption that every black person has just run off the set of Boyz n the Hood, or that they have fundamentally different brains? Neither sounds particularly not-racist to me.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!