Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    It feels to me Legion is gonna be the last wow expansion.. how do you think?
    Um.....NOPE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - WoD is WoW's last expansion.
    Legion is WoW's current expansion.

Hope that helps.
    +1 Internet for you, and a cookie to!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballgtz View Post
    Legion should have lead into WoW 2. WoW was all about Sargeras' crusade while WoW 2 should be about the void.
    That would be one way to piss off your customers. Effectively doing a hard reset on years of progress for long time players. (Mounts, Pets, Achievements, Items that are no longer available.)
    A WoW sequel at this point would be a colossal failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yup, first thing they will announce on blizzcon is NOTHING !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    That would be one way to piss off your customers. Effectively doing a hard reset on years of progress for long time players. (Mounts, Pets, Achievements, Items that are no longer available.)
    A WoW sequel at this point would be a colossal failure.
    But what if they made it possible to transfer the vanity items such as pets/mounts?
    Don't think people would care much about achievements, I know I wouldn't. I have 20k which by todays standarts isn't too hardcore, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...s-since-launch

It's doing terrible.

It turns out when you shepherd people over into a new one with 1/5th of the content of the previous, people hate it! Who knew!

That's why a WoW 2 will never work. There is WAY too much ingrained in WoW, and WAY too much content that would be dead. The glory of an MMO is the old content is still content.
    Keep in mind as well that Destiny 2 was developed at around the same time as the original Destiny and both games are part of an original plan. To expect an MMO to launch a sequel without even the planning of the Destiny MMOs is ridiculous.

But, of course, Destiny is a bad game/MMO anyways. On the other hand you have Everquest 1 and 2 which are not only successes in their own rights but also somehow co-exist with each other because Everquest is an immortal product of semi-obscured mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This is weird. I do not believe this is the last expansion, but for whatever reason I had that same thought about a week ago. Something about this expansion almost makes me feel like we will be finishing "the game". Logically if WoW makes them money - then no of course this isn't the last one, but I got that same gut feeling this is the end.
    What if the time we spend in the Pantheon's Seat actually counts as a thousand years in Azeroth time, so we find ourselves returning to our planet in a distant future?

Deleted
    its the last one for me

Seriously? I think you're stupid if you think Blizz will shut down their cash cow. There is no reason to make this the last one at all.

Deleted
    Na. But I expect total fuckover with free to play model and lootboxes. Cucks will defend it, psychos shall cherish it and I will double my quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all these leaks are true, we are looking at at least 1562 expansions to come...

God I hope so. They really need to release WoW2 or something. The age of the game engine of WoW is too restrictive, and all the content previous to the current expansion is basically abandoned and purposeless anyway.

But they'll never release a WoW2 because they're too afraid it would shock people out of their sunk-cost addiction. Players would leave the franchise in droves. It would be a mass exodus.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's see... Of course it isn't the last xpac, but Legion has taken a lot of hanging plots and has ended them for good, cf. Emerald Dream, the Pantheon, Sargeras... Only a few stories remain untapped (Bolvar, Azshara, N'zoth) but I don't consider them strong enough to carry an entire expansion, except maybe the remaining Old God/s.

WoW has become super dull. Just a consequence of playing it so much over the years. I doubt Legion is the last expansion, but if they don't do a significant refresh of the game soon, or release WoW 2 then the game's active players are going to plummet.

Lol. I'm so happy with how people replied to the op. Direct. So he now knows he should probably use some critical thinking for his next thread.