Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would play and I wouldn't whine about someone else wanting to or not wanting to play on them.
    Loser since Feb. 05'

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yeah right, only 23 guilds were able to clear Naxx in the US at the time.
    And now magically it's easy???
    Read the dev watercooler on why so few cleared Naxx before the next patch of content came out. Maybe you'll learn a thing or 2 on time restraints.

It's SO easy by standards of today, all guilds going for it, clear it.

I would probably play for a week or two for the nostalgia but then never touch it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Read the dev watercooler on why so few cleared Naxx before the next patch of content came out. Maybe you'll learn a thing or 2 on time restraints.

It's SO easy by standards of today, all guilds going for it, clear it.
    I would like to read it if you showed me

Here is a video for you (that you already probably know)
    Seems pretty hardcore to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHRlgczmk

What kind of question is this anyway?

Of course i would!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    For real, not specifically Rorcanna but like, why do people get so triggered that there's demand for Legacy servers? Why do people deny the demand when hundreds of thousands of players are willing to play on a sketchy private server that they know their character could be deleted or hacked with no customer service at any time?

Like, just live and let live, for real. No one is saying to replace Legion with Vanilla WoW. Let those of us who prefer classic WoW have the option.
    I genuinely don't know why people are against Legacy.

I'm not but I understand if Blizzard don't want to do it of course.

I mean Runescape do it and the community while divided in terms of servers feels unified from what I've experienced.

I mean if Blizzard do Legacy then great. I just don't understand why people are vehemently opposed to the idea. You don't have to play on them and unless it takes away from development of the current game then what's the issue?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-22 at 09:14 PM.

I wouldn't, nothing new to see there >_>

If legacy means it would be just like vanilla wow when it first came out, i would not be interested. Its is the most terrible version of the game. It was great for its time but terrible now. I would prefer to have the class design from WOD and the content from legion.

No and yes. I would try but prolly wont be staying to legacy since it has nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    If legacy means it would be just like vanilla wow when it first came out, i would not be interested. Its is the most terrible version of the game. It was great for its time but terrible now. I would prefer to have the class design from WOD and the content from legion.
    Then it wouldn't be Vanilla would it?

It would be an ugly hybrid of WoD/Legion and Vanilla.

This is another issue. People can't make up their minds.

"OH WE WANT VANILLA"

"WE WANT VANILLA WITH EVERYTHING FIXED"

"WE WANT VANILLA WITH NEWER FEATURES FROM THE MODERN GAME"

Make up your mind on what you want and stick to your guns. This just creates confusion among the Legacy crowd.

Deleted
    No would not play them, i did that stuff for years not worth my time anymore to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    How are you this bitter? Take some advice from your own signature.
    He is the ultimate blizzard shill. No sense in conversing with a creature like that lol.

when we talk about legacy servers, do we talk about classic game severs or do we talk about live game servers without XR, LFx, etc ? if first one, i would also play. if the second one, i would fukin play the hell out of it.

I would play Vanilla servers. I mean I already play them (I'm not mentioning the details of how!)

IMO Vanilla is a totally different game from retail, and I enjoy them both for different reasons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Up until maybe a year ago I'd have said yes 100%. But to be honest it seems like Blizzard already missed the boat on them. It's a bit like how the wow movie was probably 2-3 years too late.

no cause im not blinded by nostalgia
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Legacy realms would be great to play at the end of an expansion, like now for example, the expac is probably not out until late August / early October and there's not a lot of other mmos to play that are remotely interesting. Legacy realms would be fun to fill that gap, at least for some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Your post basically sums up why people facepalm at the legacy crowd. You just randomly toss out some numbers about free private servers and pretend that somehow is factually evidence that means anything to blizzard. Not to mention this underlying victim hood complex where you think people are against legacy servers out of spite.

So it's basically children stomping their feet shouting "ME WANT LEGACY" while ignoring the financial feasibility of legacy servers, plus everything else that would go into making the servers happen.
    Blizzard didn't exactly handle the initial situation maturely either with "you think you do but you don't".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Blizzard didn't exactly handle the initial situation maturely either with "you think you do but you don't".
    Its not something you should tell your customers but that doesn't make it wrong.

The amount of active players after a month or 2 would be awful.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death