Tips on creating convincing Expansion Leak Threads

Any tips on creating believable Expansion Leak Threads with the potential of getting a lot of upvotes and spreads?

I know WoW Experience and writing creavity can help, but I would like to hear other aspects on how I can improve my leaks.

Every expansion there have been legitimate leaks sprinkled throughout the fake leaks. Idk why people are so upset every time. Learn to read between the lines!

10+ Year Old Account
    Casually mention your family has ties to Blizz
    Also use "100% legit" phrase.

Deleted
    It must contain:
    - Ogres
    - Ethereals
    - Naga

Write garbage that is only 10% comprehensible and say it's from a Russian/Chinese source.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Casually mention your family has ties to Blizz
    Also use "100% legit" phrase.
    Or your uncle' brother' son.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Dont go into much details.
    -Create some interesting main feature no one thought about before but not too weird.
    -Dont claim you are brother/friend/son of Blizzard' worker.
    -Dont use some bullshit statements like "we gonna go outland again".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you a serious answer you won't like:

Don't create a leak thread. They'll all just be closed once Blizzcon happens.

If you have a genuine idea about what you think would make an excellent expansion, post it as such and the thread will stay open after Blizzcon. We welcome those.

We tolerate "leak" threads but once we "know" they'll be dead horses and closed.

The real answer is the best leak threads aren't usually very splashy when shown to be true. They're relatively short and low on detail.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Any tips on creating believable Expansion Leak Threads with the potential of getting a lot of upvotes and spreads?

I know WoW Experience and writing creavity can help, but I would like to hear other aspects on how I can improve my leaks.
    Make sure you use [blizzquote] to make your bullshit seem more credible, ie:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priests
    • Shadow specialization has been deleted from the game after the developers collectively agreed they're too fucking incompetent to properly balance the spec.
    Use of crude MS Paint drawings will help authenticity as well. See:

nEW bOSS: dEFINATELY nOT sAR'GARIS LOL!!!!1

Deleted
    Also create a new account and be sure that the "leak" is your first post

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Also create a new account and be sure that the "leak" is your first post
    The guy who leaked Legion in common speculation thread had 300+ post count IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Make sure you use [blizzquote] to make your bullshit seem more credible, ie:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priests
    • Shadow specialization has been deleted from the game after the developers collectively agreed they're too fucking incompetent to properly balance the spec.
    Abusing the blizzquote tag is a short path to being banned, just saying.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Which leaks are yours exactly?

Short and sweet so it kinda flies under and don't make its own thread like the Legion leak did that turned out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It must contain:
    - Ogres
    - Ethereals
    - Naga
    And Kul Tiras

10+ Year Old Account

I'd think the first step is not to post a thread asking how to make a convincing expansion leak thread... Kinda gives it away.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Short and sweet so it kinda flies under and don't make its own thread like the Legion leak did that turned out to be true.
    No he wants a lot of shares and upvotes

- - - Updated - - -

My tip is You need to photoshop a "proof".
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-10-22 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    No he wants a lot of shares and upvotes

- - - Updated - - -

My tip is You need to photoshop a "proof".
    Grainy background of the new login screen imo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn’t need to be good, aim for making it horrible enough people will laugh at it and share it with their friends

5+ Year Old Account
    Use key words like SILITHUS / UNDERWATER / SHIP / AZSHARA / VOID / OLD GOD / JAINA / KUL TIRAS / SUBRACE

Write a poem using obscure quotes from oldschool NPCs / make smeagle type riddles / write random old god gibberishynag'shringos'rilla

Congratulations!
    You've made a mysterious expansion leak!