Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Would probably check them out, but end up not playing on them after a little while.

I loved vanilla WoW, but it wouldn't be the same replaying now with all the knowledge I have of the game. Content would be easier, and the community would be a lot more elitist and toxic then it was back in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    So, 12k people gathered together AFTER they said that (so, basically teenage girls wanting to REBEL) on a server to "show them damn no-good Blizzards". And yet I constantly see "hundreds of thousands people demand it" posts. Yeah no, 12k is not enough. It was peak as a backlash, and when Elysium launched (the server that was advertised by Nostalrius, BTW) the peak was 4k. And they are offline now.

So, "You think you do, but you don't even show up to support it. Too bad".

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-22 at 11:11 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can never truly replicate the experience because the whole world is well versed in how MMOs work, and the cultures behind them. For a lot of people WoW was their first MMO. Everybody knows how these games work at this point, so trying to completely re-create the experience isn't really possible. Part of the experience was being new the genre, and the other part of that experience was the people you played with. Those people are gone, and now you have a giant community of people who regardless of their individual level of play, are well versed in how MMOs work.

Played every expansion. Moved on to private servers. Leveled a char to 46 until server shut down. Leveled another char to 60 on a different server. Shut down. Now levelling a third char on a third server. Would do it all over again if Blizzard released Legacy servers. No nostalgia here, IMO Vanilla is just a better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's no "moving goalposts". Like I said, plenty of people whom can't handle Mythic (LFR players are included), have Naxx on farm on Classic servers.
    LFR players don't do optimal DPS or HPS... and thus, they tackle the easiest content possible. That easiest content is still far more mechanically complex still.
    Back in Classic, players could tackle the highest endgame content whilst having zero clue about optimal gameplay, and see bosses go down.
    The DPS and HPS requirements of Naxx 40 and Sunwell would be something they could not meet regardless if they could stop DPS during positive or negative phases or stand on the rail and run out with conflag. They simply don't have the ability to produce optimal numbers. I'm super casual this expansion but I raided a bit of Mythic in WoD when it was current and yes, I understand mythic raiding is harder than Sunwell or Naxx but that's not the average LFR player. The average LFR player doesn't have the patience to make it to cap in Vanilla. More than 60% of accounts didn't have a capped character into BC. So please... Stop trying to tap dance. Yes, Mythic is currently harder I don't argue that, but there is no way in hell you're going to tell me the idiot who can't do half his optimal DPS for his gear level and that doesn't soak during KJ could do bleeding edge Naxx 40 or Sunwell. You're just bullshitting and making yourself look the fool.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

That video itself is stupid. Was literally made as an "in your face" thing to Blizzard.

HOWEVER. What Blizzard said at Blizzcon "you think you do but you don't" was absolutely moronic as well. The answer was patronizing. Simple as that.

The decision does lie with them to do Legacy and they've been a lot more mature about it recently but that initial comment caused some backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The DPS and HPS requirements of Naxx 40 and Sunwell would be something they could not meet regardless if they could stop DPS during positive or negative phases. They simply don't have the ability to produce optimal numbers. I'm super casual this expansion but I raided a bit of Mythic in WoD when it was current and yes, I understand mythic raiding is harder than Sunwell or Naxx but that's not the average LFR player. The average LFR player doesn't have the patience to make it to cap in Vanilla. More than 60% of accounts didn't have a capped character into BC. So please... Stop trying to tap dance. Yes, Mythic is currently harder I don't argue that, but there is no way in hell you're going to tell me the idiot who can't do half his optimal DPS for his gear level and that doesn't soak during KJ could do bleeding edge Naxx 40 or Sunwell. You're just bullshitting and making yourself look the fool.
    *sigh*

You manage to overlook the fact that LFR-players are able to reach 60 and play Naxx just fine. You'd be surprised just how many of the worst Vanilla zealots are nothing more than LFR-heroes on retail at that.

Like I said, what was required for optimal gameplay back then vs now is key here.

*sigh*

You manage to overlook the fact that LFR-players are able to play Naxx just fine. You'd be surprised just how many of the worst Vanilla zealots are nothing more than LFR-heroes on retail.

Like I said, what was required for optimal gameplay back then vs now is key here.
    Where is your source that LFR players are able to do Naxx fine?

I'd like some evidence please. Not just you continually saying that it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I'd like some evidence please. Not just you continually saying that it's so.
    Source: Private servers and the people playing them. Do your own research on what players congregate to Private servers and what they accomplished on Retail at any given time. I'm not willing to risk a ban over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Elysium is a cluster lol but where did you read it peaked at 4k? I read 400k. They had to keep adding servers and even then it was very unstable for the first few weeks (though maybe that was part of replicating the authentic classic WoW experience lol). And is Elysium actually offline now? I know some of their server admins got caught doing some shady crap but I don't think they've shut it down yet, they're still tweeting server updates as of a couple days ago.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA. That's fucking ridiculous.
    I was a bit understating, but when I played it, it had 4k because everyone wanted to get into stable environments, and no one wanted to sit in queues.
    <link snipped>
    But it was at least CLOSE to what really goes on.

Holy shit, 400k. You really believed that, did you?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-22 at 11:13 PM.

Source: Private servers and the people playing them.
    So no conversations and just pure speculation of the people playing them?

So no what you just stated is a speculation of those playing on those servers. You have absolutely no idea that most/all of the people were LFR raiders just as I don't. Difference is I'm not posting wild speculation about the matter.

So no conversations and just pure speculation of the people playing them?

So no what you just stated is a speculation of those playing on those servers.
    First-hand experience, not speculation.

15+ Year Old Account
    HOWEVER. What Blizzard said at Blizzcon "you think you do but you don't" was absolutely moronic as well. The answer was patronizing. Simple as that.
    It is hardly moronic. Legacy servers are like Hatchimals. Plenty of people say they want them but when they get to play with them they find it isn't all it is cracked up to be. Do people really want Vanilla servers or do they want free/cheap private servers that have upgrades, patches, balance fixes etc that didn't exist in Vanilla? The only way I could see Blizzard doing it is if they do it for free, or as an addon on top of the 15 a month.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't know. If I was to play Legacy WoW it would be to raid/PvP, not just to see the old game, I have played private realms before. I don't think I could raid Mythic difficulty in Legion and also level a character to 60, make it ready to raid with Professions/Gear/Mount/attunements and so on. Playing Legacy would lead to me quitting Retail WoW so I'd have to think about the choice practically. Do I want to pour so much of my time into a new game? or keep going watered down version on a far more flexible schedule?

I'd like some evidence please. Not just you continually saying that it's a fact.
    Most hilarious thing is that dude is a wrath baby. There's absolutely no clout in anything he says because he didn't even play then.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-22 at 11:17 PM.

First-hand experience, not speculation.
    So you went and asked every/most players?

Doubt that entirely.

So yes speculation.

Vanilla rotations were seriously 1 or 2 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Most hilarious thing is that dude is a wrath baby. There's absolutely no clout in anything he says because he didn't even play then.
    I don't care when they started playing.

I just don't respect wild speculation based on a singular experience.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    Vanilla rotations were seriously 1 or 2 buttons.
    What do rotations have to do with the player in general?

We are speaking about the raiding preferences of the player. Not the class/rotation.

There are literally mindless rotations today. Does that mean everyone is an LFR player by that logic? Of course not.