Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Translation: I have no evidence so I'm going to lie.
    Experience is not evidence?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    Vanilla rotations were seriously 1 or 2 buttons.
    Hmmm... Corruption, Immolate, Curse, Siphon Life, Shadow Bolt, Drain Life (as needed, warlocks were expected to keep themselves up when possible to reduce strain on the healer), Life Tap, Rain of Fire/Hellfire (whichever was appropriate), Shadowburn, Soulfire and/or Conflag (as talented).

On top of often having (depending on the instance) to CC up to 3 mobs at once (Fear juggling 2 with Curse of Recklessnes, and Seducing a 3rd).

Yep. 2 buttons.

No. Fuck everything about legacy servers. Go play on a private server if you miss an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Hmmm... Corruption, Immolate, Curse, Siphon Life, Shadow Bolt, Drain Life (as needed, warlocks were expected to keep themselves up when possible to reduce strain on the healer), Life Tap, Rain of Fire/Hellfire (whichever was appropriate), Shadowburn, Soulfire and/or Conflag (as talented).

On top of often having (depending on the instance) to CC up to 3 mobs at once (Fear juggling 2 with Curse of Recklessnes, and Seducing a 3rd).

Yep. 2 buttons.
    That guy is so full of shit. Rotations TODAY are two or three buttons. Every class has become piss poor easy. Back then you actually had to figure shit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    So looking at the all time it looks like it capped at just below 40k concurrent (key word here), which is still a pretty significant chunk of players, especially considering Elysium was faced with a lot of criticism right out the gate and was a fresh private server. You have lots of other private servers around, like Kronos line for example, that have had a long time to build up their population and reputation and maintain tens of thousands.

Anyways, you sound heated about this, lots of swearing and cruise-control-for-cool going on, what's wrong? Did a vanilla player touch you somewhere?
    I don't know where you looked, max total population was on Jan 29th, at 30552, so no, not "just below 40k concurrent".
    <snip> was the only one advertised by <snip> itself (and has quickly changed its stance to shunned, which dropped its peak population by half two months later), <snip> was NOWHERE close.

I am heated because I don't understand how it's still a debate. Blizzard is pretty clear on Legacy - no Legacy.
    And if I am not getting a game that improves in aspects that MOST people playing current WoW iteration is very concerned about (specifically ungodly amounts of RNG), Blizzard is not allowed to spend any resources on shit for 30k players.

My solution for a limitless-resource situation would be that: give Vanilla lovers their Classic back - for a separate sub. THEN we would see real colors.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-22 at 11:19 PM.

They won't. But if they did, I would probably play when I get bored of live servers.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Translation: I have no evidence so I'm going to lie.
    Translation: I don't want to believe simple truths because they hurt muh feels, so I'mma dismiss them as lies.

No skin off my nose, people wanting to stick to some delusion of grandure on what it takes to tackle content from 2004 won't harm anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    That guy is so full of shit. Rotations TODAY are two or three buttons. Every class has become piss poor easy. Back then you actually had to figure shit out.
    Wouldn't say 2 or 3. Few more depending on the class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    They won't. But if they did, I would probably play when I get bored of live servers.
    This is probably when I'd play Legacy.

Just something to do when I'm bored on retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Experience is not evidence?
    Being somebody who's experienced the opposite I'd say it's not. Personal revelation without evidence is worthless.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

1. Why is optimal performance so rare then? If classes are so piss easy and content is so piss easy, why doesn't that reflect on the community? Everyone should be performing at optimal levels, everyone should see the highest tier of content whilst current then...
    2. Had to figure shit out was purely due to a lack of resources, not some awesome design. Players today have Classic figured out just fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Yep. 2 buttons.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anilla-and-TBC

Differs from your complex and numerous button pushing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get access to some better in game footage of the old world, but that's about all I'd use it for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being somebody who's experienced the opposite I'd say it's not. Personal revelation without evidence is worthless.
    But you are lying because personal experience isn't worth anything. See how you defeat any argument you can make contrary now?

Deleted
    To be honest my memory of vanilla and TBC is hazy at best, but raids back then may have been hard in a completely different sense. Nowadays raids are mechanically challenging, each individual player is required to respond to mechanics, dodge this, soak that, etc. You need a lot more situational awareness and personal responsibility especially in Mythic raiding. Back in the older raids it was more about each player (role) having a specific job. Healers rotating in vanilla to restore mana/res dead players, Paladins simply refreshing buffs, assigning specific jobs to specific players, BL rotating/totem twisting in TBC (I was a Shaman), classes just had a lot more buttons to press, you still picked from talent trees putting points into specific skills for each tree rather than picking a specific spec alone. You needed to farm resistance gear to defeat certain bosses. Nature resistance, shadow resistance... that's just not a thing anymore. Would people really wanna do that nowadays? Would they wanna be farming resistance gear or standing out of combat waiting to ress dead players or restore mana or being forced into certain specs just to raid at all?

In a way it was still cool, you were part of a bigger engine especially in 40 man raiding. But raiding was just so different back then to what it is now. Would somebody who excelled at vanilla raiding be able to do Mythic ToS? Well, obviously that depends on each player. It's not comparable though. It doesn't mean raiding was easy back then, but it was hard for very different reasons. Even just the logistics of managing a guild that size... you needed class leaders for each class, for example. One RL alone couldn't handle it all.

It was just a totally different game and in that sense I see why so many want it back. The way WoW is now is nothing like the way it used to be, and people miss the old game. The main thing I miss is the world PvP and also the fact that you weren't some amazing superhero, you were just a soldier of your faction. So while I support old servers for those players, ...I dunno how someone could commit to both old WoW and retail WoW. It could divide the playerbase more, or it could bring old players back which would earn Blizzard more money. Question is, would the reward outweigh the cost? Blizzard would need to find out, and the best way for them to do that would be a mass poll via Battle.net or something.

Yes and I would love it!

I miss things actually mattering.

Back in Vanilla, I'd get some boar ribs off a pig and be like "oh nice, I need to save these to make some food". One because I would be in level range of that food for quite a while, and it was a great way to heal, and two because I need it to level cooking.

In Live, I'm in level range of low level crafted food for what, 5 minutes? And who needs food to heal? And saving it to level cooking? I can sit at the farm in Pandaria and go from 1-600 cooking in half an hour. It's just vendor trash.

And yes, while I could both cook and eat it in Life for the sake of it, it just feels like a waste of time. Hollow. I miss things taking time. Some thing's worth is determined by the effort put in. There's no effort in Live.

Even if I did only play on the Legacy servers for a year or two, that is still dozens of times longer than I play any other game nowadays.

Deleted
    Personally I love Legion, but let's face it, the game has become a lot more cookie cutter with each and every year..
    you mean since 2004 right?

worry not there wont be legacy at blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I'd pay a separate sub in a heartbeat, we've already had guild meetings about quitting raiding in retail and agreeing on a private server for us all to play on (right now about half the guild is playing on private servers and are spread across different ones). So yeah, I'd just cancel my Legion sub for a while and pay a classic sub.

And from what I understand those numbers are concurrent numbers as in, the amount of players online at once. So we're talking waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 40k players that actually were playing at the time.
    Disagree on this. I would not pay a separate sub. Either one time fee or part of my current sub personally.

I'd try them out for sure. I started in BC so I had a relatively close feel for what vanilla was like, although I feel like I'd be too reliant on the bells and whistles we have today to be able to go back and fully enjoy it for what it was.
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable17 View Post
    Yes and I would love it!

I miss things actually mattering.

Back in Vanilla, I'd get some boar ribs off a pig and be like "oh nice, I need to save these to make some food". One because I would be in level range of that food for quite a while, and it was a great way to heal, and two because I need it to level cooking.

In Live, I'm in level range of low level crafted food for what, 5 minutes? And who needs food to heal? And saving it to level cooking? I can sit at the farm in Pandaria and go from 1-600 cooking in half an hour. It's just vendor trash.

And yes, while I could both cook and eat it in Life for the sake of it, it just feels like a waste of time. Hollow. I miss things taking time. Some thing's worth is determined by the effort put in. There's no effort in Live.

Even if I did only play on the Legacy servers for a year or two, that is still dozens of times longer than I play any other game nowadays.
    You heard it here folks.

Nothing matters in-game anymore through design. All those consumables costing a fortune? Don't matter. No meat, leather, herbs, ores or anything needed to create stuff relevant to content of today, matters... T.T

/s

Every time I get wildfowl eggs, fatty bear steaks, Primal sargerite etc etc, I'll save it for its purpose of creating consumables or obtaining materials. And others go back to earlier content in order to get materials to create stuff to sell now, meaning everything's remained relevant and "matters" to some extent...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-22 at 11:00 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would if it was free. i sure as hell wouldnt pay for it, i dont pay for it now lol