The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Atleast BB-8 is the thing that immediately pops up in everyone's mind when you say 'soccer droid'.
    i did like what they did with phasma in her comic but i hope they do expand or showcase it in the movie as she got no show in the first. poe had his own comic to but i really couldn't care less about a pilot so i comply ignore it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Good for you then i stand firm in my distain of the way disney is going with the franchise (propably since they scrapped the whole EU/AU) and the whole "every year a movie" thing.

Nothing is more sad than a announcment that they´re going to milk the franchise as much as they canand almost everyone is applauding them.
    I myself was never that invested in the EU, but I was already pissed of when they cancelled The Clone Wars. Had they declared it non-canon like the EU I would've gone on a killing spree.
    I don't mind yearly releases, but when you're literally making movies about how rebels acquired blueprints for a space station that'd be rebuild atleast twice after initial destruction and what a lowly smuggler did before he dropped his cargo and pissed of Don Slug, it's a blatant cashgrab of stories that never needed to be told.

When all is said and done, the unfinished Utapau arc of TCW will have more character depth and development than all the A SW Stories combined...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    i did like what they did with phasma in her comic but i hope they do expand or showcase it in the movie as she got no show in the first. poe had his own comic to but i really couldn't care less about a pilot so i comply ignore it.
    Aah supporting media platforms. God forbid you have to actually develop your characters in the movie.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-10-21 at 10:14 PM.

Poe is probably the worst character of SW7. So bland, trying way too hard to be like a new version of Han Solo.

7+ Year Old Account
    I myself was never that invested in the EU, but I was already pissed of when they cancelled The Clone Wars. Had they declared it non-canon like the EU I would've gone on a killing spree.
    I don't mind yearly releases, but when you're literally making movies about how rebels acquired blueprints for a space station that'd be rebuild atleast twice after initial destruction and what a lowly smuggler did before he dropped his cargo and pissed of Don Slug, it's a blatant cashgrab of stories that never needed to be told.

When all is said and done, the unfinished Utapau arc of TCW will have more character depth and development than all the A SW Stories combined...

- - - Updated - - -

Aah supporting media platforms. God forbid you have to actually develop your characters in the movie.
    i do wish they would do them in the movies but i do think the comics are a good way to show more depth they cant fit in a movie like the vader comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Poe is probably the worst character of SW7. So bland, trying way too hard to be like a new version of Han Solo.
    id agree poe didn't even really seem like a character i thought he was just a throw away to introduce finn and when he showed up and did nothing i could only wonder why they bothered.

My issue with TFA is that Rey was a full blown Mary Sue who was good at everything.

Unless it's revealed she was one of Luke's students I will be very disappointed in how she had all those crazy powerups during the film.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was bland, then he must not have tried enough...

It's funny though, because to me Poe Dameron is really the new trio's Leia. He's the one in the Resistance. He's the one who is under attack by the First Order in the begining of the movie. He's the one giving the map to the droid and asking him to find help. He's the one who gets captured and rescued, etc. I would not be surprised if Poe really develops into a leader of the Resistance, just like Leia was for the Rebellion. And his lines in the last trailer hint to that.

The new trio's Han, to me, is really Finn. He's the misfit of the group.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    And he tried to ditch the group the moment his initial job was done.

TFA was just bursting with creativity wasn't it...

10+ Year Old Account

Well, with all the bitching the prequels had, they probably decided to do more of the same to reassure the rabid, conservative fanbase and hook them for three more movies...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account

Meh. Originality is overrated. Remember there are seven Saw movies and TEN, yes that's right TEN Fast and the Furious movies.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Meh. Originality is overrated. Remember there are seven Saw movies and TEN, yes that's right TEN Fast and the Furious movies.
    Saw and fast and furious have nothing on sherlock holmes or James Bond.

The last Jedi is the turning point for me if I'll be interested in the trilogy or not. Might not go in the theater though I don't expect much from that cast to be honest. They are all pretty average actors except Poe and Kylo Ren but their characters seem like toys rather than believable characters so I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa. Are you suggesting that Disney isn't the only studio that tries to profit from their properties as much as they possibly can? That's unpossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    If he was bland, then he must not have tried enough...

It's funny though, because to me Poe Dameron is really the new trio's Leia. He's the one in the Resistance. He's the one who is under attack by the First Order in the begining of the movie. He's the one giving the map to the droid and asking him to find help. He's the one who gets captured and rescued, etc. I would not be surprised if Poe really develops into a leader of the Resistance, just like Leia was for the Rebellion. And his lines in the last trailer hint to that.

But then again that just proves that this movie was just a full-blown copy paste of New Hope. Not good :/

7+ Year Old Account
    But then again that just proves that this movie was just a full-blown copy paste of New Hope. Not good :/
    i wouldn't say its a full blown copy. id say its a different take on the same story as it has differences and connections from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Unless it's revealed she was one of Luke's students I will be very disappointed in how she had all those crazy powerups during the film.
    Rey is using the Dark Side. She seemingly learns how to use the Force from contact with Kylo Ren's mental attack on her, emulating it to gain information from him. Immediately afterwards, she can use Dark Side powers like mentally controlling a stormtrooper. Then she matches Ren in single combat while plainly generating power from rage and fear at Finn's possibly mortal injury and the threat to her own person.

This is actually the lone subtle bit of writing in TFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Rey is using the Dark Side. She seemingly learns how to use the Force from contact with Kylo Ren's mental attack on her, emulating it to gain information from him. Immediately afterwards, she can use Dark Side powers like mentally controlling a stormtrooper. Then she matches Ren in single combat while plainly generating power from rage and fear at Finn's possibly mortal injury and the threat to her own person.

This is actually the lone subtle bit of writing in TFA.
    Even with the Dark Side, Ren's using it too and she should be no where near him. I don't care if he was injured, it's absolute bullshit for someone who never held a lightsaber or used the force to fight the poster boy of the new empire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even with the Dark Side, Ren's using it too and she should be no where near him. I don't care if he was injured, it's absolute bullshit for someone who never held a lightsaber or used the force to fight the poster boy of the new empire.
    i mean sure if you want to look at it in a vacuum kylo should have beat rey but in reality injury's would factor into the fight kylo's unstable mental state would factor into the fight and rey clearly has some kind of weapons training as you can see with her dumb stick earlier in the movie. there is no real reason that rey couldn't win that fight. its all her other feats that are a problem.

I don't care if he was injured
    ...but you should. Because he was. Severely. That he was able to fight as well as he did was a testament to his power.

I just don't get this assumption that Rey was some sort of wilting flower who couldn't possibly take care of herself before she went on this adventure. She may not have had formal training, but I don't really find it hard to believe that she could handle herself in a fight, having grown up in a pretty rough neck of the woods.

Ren is indecisive and has no confidence in the Dark Side since he's having to do a bunch of shit he doesn't really want to do. He is even wounded by Finn in their exchange. Rey embraces the quick and easy path with no regrets, because her anger is righteous and her fear justified.

Also, to be fair, Luke Skywalker did OK against Darth Vader in similar circumstances - he has no formal lightsaber training, it's not like he battles Yoda on Dagobah or anything. Both Vader and Ren were trying not to kill their opponents, which is very difficult with a lightsaber. Similarly, once Luke gave in to fear and anger the final time, he smashed Vader within seconds.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2017-10-23 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...but you should. Because he was. Severely. That he was able to fight as well as he did was a testament to his power.

I just don't get this assumption that Rey was some sort of wilting flower who couldn't possibly take care of herself before she went on this adventure. She may not have had formal training, but I don't really find it hard to believe that she could handle herself in a fight, having grown up in a pretty rough neck of the woods.
    Dude we're talking about a Skywalker ( strong af Force genes ) who was trained by the Dark Side and killed his whole ''class''. He's also pretty much the field leader of the Empire, everyone seems to fear him and listen to him.

Rey was what, a scavenger in a desert. C'mon.

so who here prefers the sith over jedi i mean sith masterrace imo
    mr pickles