Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Legacy servers will never happen, it's already veto'd to death by investors/board.
    Well, it may be true that they will never happen but I own some Activision stock and we investors haven't voted on anything of the sort.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Lol fuck no if I wanted to spend half my days grinding for mats and half my day looking for groups in trade I'd rather just grind my dick on sandpaper and get the same experience. Woo hooo pre-BC, the glory days.

K, just give me no reinforcements AV and that's all that's worth saving out of that shit. Maybe good writing too, although I'm probably asking for the moon at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Legacy servers will never happen, it's already veto'd to death by investors/board.
    That isn't how things work. And while the board could try to veto Legacy server it isn't typically how a board functions in a company.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Naming specific private servers is against the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Did you name private servers? It's forbidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yes, agreed. This is exactly correct.
    I'm not debating on if it should or shouldn't be so, but exactly where does such a rule exist? It isn't on the forum rules page.

Activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment (botting, hacking, cheating, exploiting,...)
    This is about as close as it gets, and it isn't exactly the most concise thing is it.

After that, you are looking at going General > Read First thread > Darsithis' post link > Mod edit #2 From November 2016.

Rules are supposed to be clear cut. If it is a rule, put it in the rules. You only make more work for yourselves.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Why? For example, my guild quit raiding on Felmyst in BC, lost both our priest and no one felt like pushing anymore. I am a much better player then I was back then. I also have 5 expansion worth of mechanics under my belt and have seen basically everyone. What is going to stop people from killing these bosses?
    Yeaah...

It's just funny really. They declare how "No LFR-player could clear Classic content!!", meanwhile Classic servers see players of that caliber down raid content every week of the year (as long as they stay up).

Deleted
    id check em out for sure, probably get bored after a bit and ponder over how they shouldve invested the time to set them up into the new expansion instead
    just feel like itd be a short burst of nostalgia and then id just get upset over how bad the mechanics are and how slow the game is compared to now

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Why can't I enjoy both current WoW and vanilla servers? Is that really so impossible to fathom?

Also you have no numbers whatsoever on how big or small any given group of the community is, so don't pretend you do. Fucking hate when people do that.
    Because this has become one of those rediculous conversations that is like discussing politcs and religion. People just want to force their wills upon others for whatever reason, in either direction, and point to whatever it takes to make themselves feel better about the opinion. Not limited to, but often gone to, shitting totally on people of the other opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    They could say it 999999 times and it would still be a lie.
    Even completely incompetent companies back in 1980 would back-up their code/database aggressively.
    You're not going to risk your entire company on the off chance that a part of the machine fails.
    Companies back up their data regularly. We do where I work. That does not mean that we can go back to really old versions of software that were developed on development tools from 15 years ago and easily have them run without a lot of work. This point is pretty much always glossed over.

It also doesn't mean that the versions from back then would even compile in a modern compiler or that the stuff would run in a modern OS even if you could compile it. Everyone makes this sound easier than it is. I agree that Blizzard might be able to get back to a very early version of the software but to make it compatible with today's computing environment, drivers and all the rest would neither be simple nor cheap.

It's much more common than you know that you can go back to some point in the past to restore a build but it's very rare that you can easily restore to all builds you ever finalized. And once you shift to new development tools as Blizzard certainly has over the years that's a much more difficult thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    yes and no

if they're just gonna ctrl + c, ctrl + v vanilla wow like every other private server out there, then no

if they're gonna actually spend time on polishing it a bit, making some QOL improvements that are very much needed, then yes
    See this, the bolded part, is the problem. While some of the people who ask for this would be fine with the actual game from then, a lot of you would want this or that fixed or some QoL change done (5 min pally blessings, requiring reagents for the rogue Blind spell, etc). So you're not asking for them just to put up a server, you want them to work on it. And support it with GMs. And answer tickets. And...

See where that goes?

Yeah i would love to dance on the old org bank like the good old days plus to see the world as it used to be would be wonderful to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeaah...

It's just funny really. They declare how "No LFR-player could clear Classic content!!", meanwhile Classic servers see players of that caliber down raid content every week of the year (as long as they stay up).
    Since when does a LFR hero has time to raid and farm mats in a Vanilla environment? How in gods name is that even possible?

Maybe if you gave tier 2 to the player as soon as they log in, the consumables to raid plus the resistance gear that was mandatory in a lot of the bosses.
    Yeah sure, if a LFR hero "hacked" the game to have access to all things MAYBE i would believe they were able to do it.
    But Vanilla was a hardcore environment with scarce gear, scarce gold, scarce materials and mandatory consumables.

A LFR hero couldnt survive in this environment alone.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-22 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    See this, the bolded part, is the problem. While some of the people who ask for this would be fine with the actual game from then, a lot of you would want this or that fixed or some QoL change done (5 min pally blessings, requiring reagents for the rogue Blind spell, etc). So you're not asking for them just to put up a server, you want them to work on it. And support it with GMs. And answer tickets. And...

See where that goes?
    Directly without passing =GO= or anything else to "This is not vanilla any longer".

See where that goes?
    Which is 100% what Blizzard is already aware of. And it wouldn't end there, if Classic Legacy servers got that amount of investment, why not BC? WOTLK? It would never end.

Of course, it's easier for the worst zealots to keep believing that Blizzard's unwillingness to put up Legacy servers is down to cruelty and some evil master plan rather than facts, figures, logistics etc etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Companies back up their data regularly. We do where I work. That does not mean that we can go back to really old versions of software that were developed on development tools from 15 years ago and easily have them run without a lot of work.
    This is a crucial point. It's not just the code, it's the entire toolchain. Even if you can recreate it, you need to recreate the server environment it ran on. "Oh just use modern compilers and a new server..." OK, then you have to test the entire thing and fix any bugs....

and what all of you just do not want to accept is that Blizzard doesn't think it's worth their while. Period. Continuing to hammer at this makes you sound, frankly, like children who cannot accept things and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But your only reasoning for why it is is because you say so. No actual evidence to back up your claim. And when you did provide proof you used a worthless personal experience.
    What I'm saying is that the average LFR player isn't capable of doing optimal DPS. This is evidenced by simply joining an LFR and looking at the people who only participate in LFR. They don't waste their time with consumables, they don't min/max, they don't have the desire, time, or dedication to commit to any of these things. This is not subjective this is demonstrative. Just queue for an LFR on a Sunday or Monday night.

I argue like a creationist because I apply your logic to the argument? I am not pretending to not understand. I understand fully what you are saying do you have evidence to back up that I don't understand? Or is it just your own lying personal experience that is worthless that states such?
    I think I hit the nail on the head with that analogy. Creationists don't comprehend logic and you're demonstrating the same but I digress and I don't want to start a theological war as that's even less worthy of my time. "A post on a forum somewhere go look it up" is not even comparable to the actual stat of 60% of the playerbase not reaching cap in Vanilla and early BC. That and he first said average LFR player and then quickly shifted to Mythic raider. I do not for a second contend that the content in Vanilla or BC was as difficult as Mythic raiding. I do say the the average LFR player was incapable of Naxx40 and Sunwell based on their lack of ability and/or dedication of even normal content these days. Putting together groups has never been easier. Gearing up has never been faster. The borders to entry are basically gone and yet average Warcraft player hasn't cleared normal Tomb as per World of Wargraphs.

The kick is that you say you technically agree but call it bullshit. Okay. The person is right but it is bullshit and they are wrong. When you can make up your mind you should return to these forums but if you are going to keep posting self defeating statements you should just stay away.
    The person stated that the average LFR player who is incapable of doing optimal DPS, can't commit to a raiding schedule, doesn't use consumables, and eats mechanics like they are at a breakfast buffet in front of the bacon tray could clear Naxx40 or Sunwell is just not true. The average Mythic raider or even Heroic Raider could but that's not the average LFR player.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-10-22 at 11:55 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Since when does a LFR hero has time to raid and farm mats in a Vanilla environment? How in gods name is that even possible?

Maybe if you gave tier 2 to the player as soon as they log in, the consumables to raid plus the resistance gear that was mandatory in a lot of the bosses.
    Yeah sure, if a LFR hero "hacked" the game to have access to all things MAYBE i would believe they were able to do it.
    But Vanilla was a hardcore environment with scarce gear, scarce gold, scarce materials and mandatory consumables.

A LFR hero couldnt survive in this environment alone.
    They are "surviving" just fine in that environment as we speak, same as how ordinary, shitty players were able to "survive" that content way back when it was current as well.

Keep up this delusion that only the 1% is capable of playing on Classic servers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is 100% what Blizzard is already aware of. And it wouldn't end there, if Classic Legacy servers got that amount of investment, why not BC? WOTLK? It would never end.

Of course, it's easier for the worst zealots to keep believing that Blizzard's unwillingness to put up Legacy servers is down to cruelty and some evil master plan rather than facts, figures, logistics etc etc...
    And which version of Classic? When UBRS was a raid or a dungeon? etc. Want Wrath? Pre or post 3.3 (which introduced LFD)? etc. Do we have TBC as it was in 2.4? With Sunwell? Badges?

Deleted
    They are "surviving" just fine in that environment as we speak, same as how ordinary, shitty players were able to "survive" that content way back when it was current as well.

Keep up this delusion that only the 1% is capable of playing on Classic servers though.
    Source?

(Oh i got you now, im part of the "source patrol")
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-22 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

See where that goes?
    It's things exactly like this that will annoy the hell out of people. If they want the vanilla experience, they would be putting up with that kind of shit again, something people always forget about.

5 minute bless
    Individual group buffs
    Individual target buffs for certain spells
    Detect magic
    Flash / Blinding Powder
    Arrows
    Ankhs
    Teleport / Portal runes
    Arcane Powder
    Candles
    Soul Shards
    Quillvine
    Seeds
    Symbol of Divinity
    Symbol of Kings

Every single one of those is something that will piss raiders off, it did in its day, and it certainly would now.
    Speciation Is Gradual