Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Data strings added to the character race database that show Void Elves being a part of the Alliance with Alliance character creation screens, as well as items with a purple and gold color scheme labeled "Void Elf". To clarify none of these items are used by Alleria.
    Ahhh, okay, so it wasn't just a random loon spreading his random ideas, but actually based on an evidential database?
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It probably is somethign similar tot he nightborne arcane runes and conjured armor. If my supsicions are correct, the nightborne mmodel will eseentially bea night elf model with the runes and conjured additions. and will also be an option night elves can pick in their character customization but only at character creation. It has to be a separate race option on the horde because the horde deosn't have night elves, but only the nightborne version of night elves would be available to the horde, not the normal version.

Likewise, void elf would be a certain customization of the blood elf which would be available to blood elves as one of their customization options, but as no blood elf race selection is available on the alliance, the high elf void elf will only get the void elf customization range and not the normal blood elf ones.. I expect as nightborne will look night elven enough just a fancy slightly different geared and runed up version. So would the void elf. I am willing to bet you will be able to customize it having the barest minimum of the unique traits if you want them looking as close to blood elf or night elf
    How would Blood Elves get Void Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    If my supsicions are correct, the nightborne mmodel will eseentially bea night elf model with the runes and conjured additions.
    Except everything in the game, from conversations, to quest flavor text, to datamined character strings, says that Nightborne (possibly the ones following Silgryn, as he is not one of the "Big Three" Nightborne that everyone knows and loves and would be mad "betrayed" them by going Horde) will be going Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I hope it doesn't work like the worgen form / shadow priest form. I want the void shit to be purely cosmetic not something required for combat. I prefer being able to see my gear and weapons instead of it being covered in some shitty form that you're forced into.

Also, void elf just doesn't seem to have any personality to me (though I am judging this solely based on Alleria in the dungeon), it just looked clowny to me.
    I hate the Worgen being forced into Wolf form for combat purposes, otherwise allow human form at all???

5+ Year Old Account
    Fwoosh! Three in a row. NICE!

I don't know that we'll actually -see- subraces anytime soon. It's been datamined that several models were marked PLAYER, it's true, but there's about a dozen other races on the list that aren't. It could still be a formatting error in some spreadsheet that organized these character models into the PC instead of NPC registry and auto-applied "PLAYER" tags.

Or it could be exactly what it looks like. Though, honestly, I don't see "Void Elf" as a particularly reasonable subrace, yet. MAYBE after some more content drops and Alleria takes the time to train others in Shadowcraft... but not before then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I notice the new book's description specifically reads

"heroes of the Horde and the Alliance" instead of "Heroes of the Light/Azeroth" which implies a rekindling of the faction war; or, at the very least, a stronger division between the factions than we've seen recently.
    Probably not going to do another Class orders, make the factions more involved then..well Legion(Still something I'm not a fan of).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I notice the new book's description specifically reads

"heroes of the Horde and the Alliance" instead of "Heroes of the Light/Azeroth" which implies a rekindling of the faction war; or, at the very least, a stronger division between the factions than we've seen recently.
    That is in fact a very good point and is perfectly logical

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    They are highly reminiscent of other elven art assets, too.

Now that I look at these, they look strikingly like Nightborne weapons. Maybe we will be getting neutral Nightborne that are regular on Horde, and "Void" on Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    How would Blood Elves get Void Elves?
    they would simply be an option on character cusotmization. Lore wise, it's simple, one of the simplest could be that Alleria teaches a bunch of elves some of which are blood some high (whether she's aware of the distinction or not it doesn't matter, we know even Vereesa for all her hate worked and even cared for some blood elves in the hunter artifact quest line so while Alleria may be high elf she operates in a neutral capacity at least for this), it seems that the Thalassian Elves have a knack for this thing, and some blood elves are affected/go down that path too. i'm not saying that's how it will go down, but it's a possible explanation from the lore side.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Fwoosh! Three in a row. NICE!

I don't know that we'll actually -see- subraces anytime soon. It's been datamined that several models were marked PLAYER, it's true, but there's about a dozen other races on the list that aren't. It could still be a formatting error in some spreadsheet that organized these character models into the PC instead of NPC registry and auto-applied "PLAYER" tags.

Or it could be exactly what it looks like. Though, honestly, I don't see "Void Elf" as a particularly reasonable subrace, yet. MAYBE after some more content drops and Alleria takes the time to train others in Shadowcraft... but not before then.
    None of the other races in the databse have the extra stuff those 4 ""sub-races"" have. Everything defaults to "0", while the 4 use assets from other races. And they're not just copy paste because VoidElfs use alot of Night Elfs entries, but have a different default class and use the BloodElf display models, meaning they were intentionally changed rather than just copy and pasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Hearthstone implemented alternate heroes years ago and just now got around to introducing one for every class.

Let's not pretend they have to have subraces for everything.
    Druid actually still don't have one.

Now that I look at these, they look strikingly like Nightborne weapons. Maybe we will be getting neutral Nightborne that are regular on Horde, and "Void" on Alliance?
    Not very likely. But there is nothing against this happening that I have seen.

Deleted
    Why y’all talking about Void? Why you always force to put damn Void into the next expansion? Don’t be so silly. Remember end of Cata, there was absolutely no signs that next expansion will be Pandaria. Remember end of Pandaria, Wrathion’s warnings about Legion - but later we got alt. Draenor with absolutely another story progression and villains. Remember those times when Legion was the main evil of the Warcraft universe. The story is developing and will continue to develop in a such way. Most of your discussions and speculations here - are just talking about obvious things. Why no Goblins and Gnomes themed expansion for example or something like this? Be more creative please.
    Last edited by mmoca48d740bf3; 2017-10-23 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaha View Post
    Why y’all talking about Void? Why you always force to put damn Void into the next expansion? Just why? Don’t be so silly. Remember end of Cata, there was absolutely no signs that next expansion will be Pandaria. Remember end of Pandaria, Wrathion’s warnings about Legion - but later we got alt. Draenor with absolutely another story progression and villains. Remember those times when Legion was the main evil of the Warcraft universe. The story is developing and will continue to develop in a such way. Most of your discussions and speculations here - are just talking about obvious things. Why no Goblins and Gnomes themed expansion for example or something like this? Be creative please.
    Hence why a good number of us are hoping for Ghost Pirates. Shadowlands lore would be a great lead-in to N'zoth and the void as opposed to just blowing our load on whacking Azshara and N'zoths toenails.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    None of the other races in the databse have the extra stuff those 4 ""sub-races"" have. Everything defaults to "0", while the 4 use assets from other races. And they're not just copy paste because VoidElfs use alot of Night Elfs entries, but have a different default class and use the BloodElf display models, meaning they were intentionally changed rather than just copy and pasted.
    That is a good point... but could it, instead, point to an improved model choice system on the Dev Team's side of things? A more complex GUI for choosing models and applying different faces/hairstyles to them so that they are separate and relatively unique without requiring individual hard-code models, so that armor can be changed out expansion to expansion without having to do a whole new model for the character?

Toward the end of City of Heroes it's something the Devs did, there, to make their lives a bit easier. They wound up organizing shittons of semi-unique and unique costume pieces into the character creator (With an NPC tag so players couldn't access them) to allow for faster NPC generation.

I'm not saying it's what is happening, only that it is an option.

The default classes, though, is particularly damning.

Why y’all talking about Void? Why you always force to put damn Void into the next expansion? Just why? Don’t be so silly.
    All the evidence points to the Void Lords becoming the Main Bad Guys of the game, after the fall of the Burning Legion. So we're not being "silly".

Except everything in the game, from conversations, to quest flavor text, to datamined character strings, says that Nightborne (possibly the ones following Silgryn, as he is not one of the "Big Three" Nightborne that everyone knows and loves and would be mad "betrayed" them by going Horde) will be going Horde.
    we have no idea, it only needs to be a bunch that go, the story of the horde nightborne could simlpy be a nightborne who's decided to help out hte blood lves or see the other kind of elf - it doesn't have to be some bigpolitical machination, similar to horde Pandaren, they befriend blodoe lves and choose to help them with their stuff, as youa re the player, you can choose whether you want to attack night elves and other alliance aligned nightborne, just like a PAndaren horde can choose whether to do quests against alliance or pandaren alliance or choose to attack Pandaren alliance aligned players/NPC.

ofc it could be some massive political schism filled with drama etc etc, but judging by what they've shown us of Silgryn and Liadrin and the neutrality and strong night elven theme that underlies the broken isle Surmaar zone and city as well as all the other zones, its far more likely to be a group choosing to help out because they like rather than some schism - those night elves benefited from all our help, and they don't seem to be the ones to want to descend into any silly grievance conflict, chances are it's just individuals helping the people they like on either elven group. But i don't know, it's just a guess.

That's right! I forgot about that. That furthers my point:

There's no reason to believe they won't implement subraces simply because they can't do one for every race.
    Pretty much... they wouldn't really do that at all, not logically anyway.

YAY!!!!! 500 posts, halfway to 1000.

Why y’all talking about Void? Why you always force to put damn Void into the next expansion? Just why? Don’t be so silly. Remember end of Cata, there was absolutely no signs that next expansion will be Pandaria. Remember end of Pandaria, Wrathion’s warnings about Legion - but later we got alt. Draenor with absolutely another story progression and villains. Remember those times when Legion was the main evil of the Warcraft universe. The story is developing and will continue to develop in a such way. Most of your discussions and speculations here - are just talking about obvious things. Why no Goblins and Gnomes themed expansion for example or something like this? Be creative please.
    ...Uhhh...what?

In Cata, there most certainly was a MoP intro Questline. It was the Wrathion rogue Questline, namely the end of it, where he was talking about a land in the mists.

Not just that, but in WoD's announcement, Metzen was talking about MoP having a lead into WoD, which you eventually lead into the Next Expansion, and so forth.

So, here's what we got:

MoP's Garrosh Warcrimes BS lead into WoD. Gul'dan/Archimonde led into Legion. Sargeras' Final Blow on Azeroth, and the whole N'zoth foreshadowing will lead into the Black Empire's return.

Must I mention Ion's Foreshadowing comment?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    How are Nightborne related to the new expansion? Their story arc is literally finished. How are Highmountain Tauren related?

They might not be. Everyone is freaking out over shit we don't know enough about. These very would could not be used for future sub-races. They could be, but we have no idea how they will be implemented or what types will be.

The four new races added to charraces.db in 7.3 are all currently in Legion right now, meaning they might be working on a new system and they needed those four/accidentally left those four on because they're related to content in Legion (with Alleria being the connection to VoidElf). It's no coincidence the only ones added are relevant in this current expansion.

Everybody is being way too upset and dismissive over something that may end up being nothing, and if it is something we know nothing about. This very well may be the tip of the iceberg.

that is possible too, the purple certianly fits the nightborne group - as night elves are fascinated with purple, but it is also the void colour. Gold is favored by the Thalassian elves, and whiles the night elves do use it, silver is more a common thing with them. but that is also a possibility,we know so little.