Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How's come the world's nuclear reactors aren't a problem yet? I can't imagine that people are maintaining them
    theyre being timey wimey with how much time has passed so we dont know how much time has passed yet (this is mostly to do with the real time affects on riggs age filming the show) we know that ATLEAST a year or 2 has passed but theyve stated that atleast for now theyre not going to mention how much time has passed.

i like how they actually mention this in the show last man on earth. i dont know if anyones ever asked kirkman about this or if hes even aware such a thing would happen but it would be cool for a future storyline
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back at it with a new season!

Pretty solid premiere except we're back to a point where Gabriel is an idiot. That and them wasting ammo on windows were the only things that bothered me. Looks like were on to a good start, let's hope it stays that way.

Shes back from the dead is she.

Honestly couldnt care less about the show anymore. Even with its great cast minus enid and carl.

Guess Ill check out the first ep.....

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Shes back from the dead is she.

Honestly couldnt care less about the show anymore. Even with its great cast minus enid and carl.

Guess Ill check out the first ep.....
    I mean, the show is definitely going downhill but that's not going to stop me from watching it. It still has an amazing cast, with Andrew Lincoln being my favorite. I'm going to watch it until it ends for that reason alone. Too into the show to quit it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    I mean, the show is definitely going downhill but that's not going to stop me from watching it. It still has an amazing cast, with Andrew Lincoln being my favorite. I'm going to watch it until it ends for that reason alone. Too into the show to quit it now.
    Yeah onto season 8 now, committed a fair amount of hours into it.

Its still capable of the odd good episode. Just wish they had gotten rid of the showrunner Gimple. Hes a ratings business hatchet man through and through.

not a bad episode. The trailer was a good tease with the Gabriel thing. I thought he was captured, but Negan is just in their fucked also.

Not a bad episode, could have been better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It was okay. They're still holding on to some bad tropes but its nice to see a change in the dynamics of the show. Glad to see all the mopping gone and the badass survivor mentality back. The biggest issue for me, and this is just the style of the writters, is that the group is pretty much back to acting like they were right before Negan captured them in the woods. Call it lazy writing or whatever because even though they are a bunch of badasses again, its like they learned nothing from all of that. The Father Gabriel plot seems forced, hope it wraps of quickly.

They are also planning a Fear of the Walking Dead crossover...please help us all. The only reason why I'm watching this show on Sundays is out of habit and I don't know what else is on besides football.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If they're doing all out war into 1 season then they won't have time for their precious character development....... oh dear what shall they dooooo??? /sarcasm

Deleted
    I thought the episode was okay - but on the subject of characters acting irrationally (Gabriel), why the fuck did Negan go back outside?

Where were all of Negan's people? I think we saw less than 20 of them on screen this episode. Doesn't he have hundreds? I kept waiting for them to all charge out and create absolute chaos! Was this a budget problem and we're just supposed to believe they were all hiding in the factory? /shrug

Decent episode but still some stuff that bothers me. The Gabriel plot felt forced, Negan acting like he wanted to be a target practice, Gregory continues to be a total dick, lack of resistance from Negan's forces and instead become total pushovers. Hard to beat last seasons premiere but it managed to keep me awake. The plot armor thing continues to be out of control with this show, the main characters keep doing stuff that should instantly get them killed yet never happens.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to go back in time, but I'm just catching up on TWD S7 - trying to figure out why the holy fuck someone doesn't just kill Negan and be done with it? So many opportunities - and they have to understand that with him gone, his hold would fall apart and there wouldn't be a Saviors anymore.

Please, no spoilers - but seriously, disappointing (a little bit) so far.

I call bullshit on the raspberry swirly lasting that long in fatties mouth. Would have been eaten quicker than it took me to realize how fake maggies accent is.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Decent episode but still some stuff that bothers me. The Gabriel plot felt forced, Negan acting like he wanted to be a target practice, Gregory continues to be a total dick, lack of resistance from Negan's forces and instead become total pushovers. Hard to beat last seasons premiere but it managed to keep me awake. The plot armor thing continues to be out of control with this show, the main characters keep doing stuff that should instantly get them killed yet never happens.
    Yeah.. Rick keeps saying that they only need to kill 1 person, then he has that one person at less than 100 meters and instead of lining up a serious shot, just sprays windows. Or how about tossing a grenade, you know that thing the savior guy did a few minutes later? Or.. you have 20 people all watching one person waiting to ´fire´.. why not do the same thing when Negan is out there. 20 people all firing at the same target who is less than a 100 meters away. At least one hits...... we only need to kill one person and 1000 windows.

And Gabriel going back for Gregory. The thing I hate most about this show is that you cannot continually cheer for, nor feel empathy for characters who constantly try to get themselves killed by doing stupid stuff. Almost every episode has a character who plays the blonde in the horror movie who insists on walking outside alone to see what made the bumping sound.

Just fucking shoot Negan. You’re like 20 feet away with a rifle. It’s not that hard Rick.

Deleted
    The thing is that it lacks a lot of authenticity, maybe I´m overthinking it but I just think they look so dumb doing those "tactics" that in the real world would have killed them in a second just for the shake of it and the thing is that we already seen in many shows that real tactics can be for an entretaining TV experience with a high level of realism. Even when they are fighting the walkers is just... ugghh, if a bite or a simple scracht can doom you in minutes you would figure they would have some layer of protection over their bodies, I mean, I´m not talking about a plate armor but a jacket, heavy jeans or something just don´t go literally naked... even if its hot in summer you wouldn´t risk it to a guarantee death.

7+ Year Old Account
    As others have mentioned: just fucking kill Negan already.

Deleted
    Was atleast an entertaining episode, but as others have mentioned... Why the fuck did Negan go outside? Any sane person wouldn't. And as soon as the shooting starts, he cowers and ducks like a pussy. And for Gabriel plot reasons, they have Negan run outside instead of back into the door 1 meter behind him.

For a survival show, people make some dumb as fuck decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Them windows got fucked up man. I ain't never seen a massacre of windows. This beats Kristallnacht.