Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thanks for proving that new races dont sell boxes
    Erm, actually it doesn't prove that, but what can be expected from someone who cannot see past the face value of anything...

Guess I gotta explain it, that is the final sum of the racial diversity, which, given that the average ratio if it were split evenly would be around 7% anyway, it isn't actually terribly far off.

But more to the point, many will buy expansions and resub just to TRY OUT the new race, get it to level 20, then return to their main or just unsub. So yes, it does sell boxes, just will not potentially KEEP subs.

the only logical fails where provided by you
    Hahaha

You didn't even get it... Wow, ok, you win kiddo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I can do EU, can't really do combined without a lot of math.
    No need nova provide https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/ that works fine and proved that new races DONT sell boxes and make people stay and play them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for proving that new races dont sell boxes

- - - Updated - - -

WoW:LPoKasI?
    I'm not so sure the correlation is there between population and pushing boxes.

Let's be honest, the new Race/Class is always popular early. Just ask anyone who tried playing a Pandaren Day 1, or a Demon Hunter Day 1. What the population trails off to a year later is another story entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    The relevance of this. \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    They could do NElf Worgen. They could also do the Worgen in Northerend (can't remember the area name). Or like VoidElfs and Lightforged Draenei, make something new.

Maybe there's some Kul'Tiran Worgen out there somewhere, or some other type of "island" Worgen we haven't seen that will show up next expac.
    I think Nelf worgen is kind of dumb. No offence.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You're absolutely correct. It wouldn't.

An elf is still an elf. Doesn't matter if it has different coloured skin. By and large there are too many of them.
    All opinion and assumption. Elves were significant to the Legion narrative, and they've established at least one huge subset of them that would be a waste to leave behind. And Alleria's storyline is clearly going *somewhere*. Regardless of how people feel about Elves, it makes sense to do this, from both a storytelling perspective and a marketing one.

Deleted
    Let's be honest, the new Race/Class is always popular early. Just ask anyone who tried playing a Pandaren Day 1, or a Demon Hunter Day 1. What the population trails off to a year later is another story entirely.
    The point is not races sell boxes but CONTENT (continutation of Lore, new Levels, Quests and new Dungeons/raid) does.

Except that it doesn't make any sense at all. For the reasons I've already stated.

There is absolutely no reason why there would be more Void Elves created. Locus Walker specifically states Alleria is special.

The Nightborne story is FINISHED. Its done-zo. If we are to face the Naga next expansion then Nightborne have NOTHING to do with them and therefore it makes zero sense to add them. You could argue it was a missed opportunity not to add them in Legion.

But that's just Blizzard laziness.
    The Nightborne just found themselves able to cope with magical addiction and are now once again part of the outside world... Much more can come of this if Blizzard chooses.

Just because a big story arch completed doesn't mean they are done.

There you go again. Specifically mentioning the Legion narrative which.... is.... FINISHED.

The legion is decimated and done. Their story arc is also done. That ecompasses the Nightborne too.

Explain to me how Void Elves make ANY sense in relation to Naga - if we are to make the assumption that Naga is where we are headed. Explain to me why ANY High Elf would willingly accept Void infusion. Explain to me why Locus Walker would want to do it.
    You'll have to ask Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is not races sell boxes but CONTENT (continutation of Lore, new Levels, Quests and new Dungeons/raid) does.
    And I attest that Races are a critical part of that content.

Even if they don't MAINTAIN hype, they very much help push them. In fact, usually what people are talking about most in the aftermath of a reveal is the new Races/Class.

(For the record, in WoD's case it was Garrisons and how stupid the AU idea is.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I have an idea. What if instead of making new zones for each subrace (which is needed tbh), instead they make 1 generic horde, and 1 generic alliance zone? War themed and has generals from respective factions catching the new recruits up on how the faction works, and testing their combat prowess? New sub races in future would also go there? Thoughts?

They ARE the original Worgen though. If any subrace makes sense it's Nelf Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Guys I have an idea. What if instead of making new zones for each subrace (which is needed tbh), instead they make 1 generic horde, and 1 generic alliance zone? War themed and has generals from respective factions catching the new recruits up on how the faction works, and testing their combat prowess? New sub races in future would also go there? Thoughts?
    While the technical advantage would be obvious, It'd feel a bit like one of those korean MMOs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thoughts?

My only thought reading that is "this will blow up in Blizzard's face if they attempt it."

Except that it doesn't make any sense at all. For the reasons I've already stated.

There is absolutely no reason why there would be more Void Elves created. Locus Walker specifically states Alleria is special.

The Nightborne story is FINISHED. Its done-zo. If we are to face the Naga next expansion then Nightborne have NOTHING to do with them and therefore it makes zero sense to add them. You could argue it was a missed opportunity not to add them in Legion.

But that's just Blizzard laziness.
    But the Nightborne story is clearly continuing, probably not with the majority but definitely with Silgryn and whoever else follows him, going by past Blizzard trends; because ignoring Silgryn's dialogue with Liadrin is folly. It's classic Blizzard setup. They might not a focal point, but wanting to keep at least some of them relevant now that they're a part of the world makes sense.

Has Locus Walker ever taught any other High Elves? Or even met them? The actual context of that was that Alleria was "his best student". Locus Walker's involvement is all speculation, so acting like he has to or definitely will be involved is silly.

Why would it have been a good idea to add them in Legion? We weren't introduced to them, and it would've been random as fuck. We had all of Legion to actually get involved with and attached to them, and I personally think that worked great. Now is a way better time to allow us to play them, especially if the models get touched-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    While the technical advantage would be obvious, It'd feel a bit like one of those korean MMOs
    Sub-races in general feel like that IMO. One thing I always loved about WOW is how every race is 100% unique. Go the full distance or don't go at all IMO.

Dude. Don't respond to Fummock. He's a troll. A has-been one at that.
    I'm sorry! I sort of realized that on the post you quoted.

But yeah, all I'm saying else-wise is that it's mostly Blizzard's choice to move things along in the story as they see fit.

For all we know the Shen'dralar in Dire Maul may rejoin Azshara and try to steal titan blood to make a new Well of Eternity INSIDE Dire Maul. It could justify an overhaul of that old dungeon -finally- and present a use for a new Highborne model that could be based off the new "Void Elf" model...

Just speculating!

Deleted
    The Nightborne story is FINISHED.
    As long as you dont work for Blizzards Lore Department you cant decide that...

Sub-races in general feel like that IMO. One thing I always loved about WOW is how every race is 100% unique. Go the full distance or don't go at all IMO.
    Agreed, and I honestly have yet to see anything that would in any way ensure that we are looking at 4 sub-races and not 4 very unfinished races. Draenei were a "night elf subrace" in BC alpha, based on what we see on the data files right now.