The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I'm sorry! I sort of realized that on the post you quoted.

But yeah, all I'm saying else-wise is that it's mostly Blizzard's choice to move things along in the story as they see fit.

For all we know the Shen'dralar in Dire Maul may rejoin Azshara and try to steal titan blood to make a new Well of Eternity INSIDE Dire Maul. It could justify an overhaul of that old dungeon -finally- and present a use for a new Highborne model that could be based off the new "Void Elf" model...

Just speculating!
    Interesting to say the least.

I'd rather try and keep things confined to Kul'tiras until we know for sure a revamp is coming, though.

I mean how far fetched is it that there were High Elves at Kul'tiras who, when shit started hitting the fan, did what Elves tend to do and sided with the bad guys. Boom, Old God/Void corruption, Void Elves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Guys I have an idea. What if instead of making new zones for each subrace (which is needed tbh), instead they make 1 generic horde, and 1 generic alliance zone? War themed and has generals from respective factions catching the new recruits up on how the faction works, and testing their combat prowess? New sub races in future would also go there? Thoughts?
    They kind of need to establish why the nightborne/lightforged/highmountain are even joining a faction in the first place, much less why they'd be jumping straight into a war they have no stake in. They'd also have to establish just what the fuck a void elf is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And I attest that Races are a critical part of that content.
    And I say its not as important as the other parts I listed, so they could just add sub-races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Really though, if I had to pick one thing to play as, it would be these.

Umm... What?

I'd rather try and keep things confined to Kul'tiras until we know for sure a revamp is coming, though.

I mean how far fetched is it that there were High Elves at Kul'tiras who, when shit started hitting the fan, did what Elves tend to do and sided with the bad guys. Boom, Old God/Void corruption, Void Elves.
    They don't need to revamp the entire zone to revamp Dire Maul... Didn't they redo Scarlet Monetary in Mists of Pandaria? All we have to do is get a quest in some zone where the new elves may be up to no good which will lead us to Heroic Dire Maul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Agreed, and I honestly have yet to see anything that would in any way ensure that we are looking at 4 sub-races and not 4 very unfinished races. Draenei were a "night elf subrace" in BC alpha, based on what we see on the data files right now.
    Now THAT is interesting to me.

Considering we can more or less explain away Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei without too much effort. *waits to be pounced on for saying that*

The other two are bizarre, don't fit the Sub-Races pattern, and knowing that COULD very well be very early stage new races.

Not that it'd help with the Elf Fatigue thing, but hey I'd take entirely unique elves over copypasta'd elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is a problem when they are stupid
    It's funny how is stupid when it's my point of view but subjective when it's your's

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe anyone has pointed this out yet, but the new hearthstone cardbacks which are usually pretty reflective of blizzard's other games happens to be called 'call of the void' and look very voidish; I think this pretty much confirms to me that the next wow expansion has something to do with the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to revamp the entire zone to revamp Dire Maul... Didn't they redo Scarlet Monetary in Mists of Pandaria? All we have to do is get a quest in some zone where the new elves may be up to no good which will lead us to Heroic Dire Maul.
    Oh true, that's not what I'm getting at.

I don't want a new well of eternity made with Azeroth Blood showing up in Dire Maul when the main expansion content is Kul'tiras.

No Revamp had that much main-plot relevance besides UBRS.

I keep trying to point out it doesn't make any sense with Alleria's character arc for the Void Elves to be portrayed as evil. It's exactly the opposite of the whole thing she was getting at. I know we're trying to dance around subraces to divert attention to something else or, more negatively, fit our narrative, but "the void can be an ally" is a direct quote from Alleria. And considering Blizzard is trying to paint the Light and Void as two sides of a coin, having something called Void Elves be definitively evil after we have an elf using the void to try and explain that it isn't feels incredibly off.

But what do I know? I've tried to make these points for hours.

Races CAN sell boxes, they just have to be attractive to do so. Goblin, Worgen, and Pandaren aren't exactly "pretty" races, so they didn't appeal to the masses. I remember when BC launched and literally half of my guild made new Blood Elf characters for mains (before the time of race changes) because they looked so much better than any of the other races for Horde.

You can bet that if Nightfallen (or to a lesser extent, Ethereals) become playable races, people will flock to them. I know I certainly would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    I don't believe anyone has pointed this out yet, but the new hearthstone cardbacks which are usually pretty reflective of blizzard's other games happens to be called 'call of the void' and look very voidish; I think this pretty much confirms to me that the next wow expansion has something to do with the void.
    I mean..... is anyone attesting otherwise? Anyone at all?

Anyone!?

*looks around the thread*

Nah, we've all been talking Old Gods or Void in here.

Honestly, the way I see it is that Nightborne seem to bear a striking resemblance to Night Elves while also having some very blantant Highborne qualities. They essentially seem like they could be implemented as a partway between Nelf and Belf, leaning more towards Nelf.

I feel like if they added Void Elf, they could try to tackle it from the opposite direction... Make High Elves with some night elf flavor to them.

Oh true, that's not what I'm getting at.

I don't want a new well of eternity made with Azeroth Blood showing up in Dire Maul when the main expansion content is Kul'tiras.

No Revamp had that much main-plot relevance besides UBRS.
    I said TRYING to make a new Well of Eternity, implying our job is to STOP them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I keep trying to point out it doesn't make any sense with Alleria's character arc for the Void Elves to be portrayed as evil. It's exactly the opposite of the whole thing she was getting at. I know we're trying to dance around subraces to divert attention to something else or, more negatively, fit our narrative, but "the void can be an ally" is a direct quote from Alleria. And considering Blizzard is trying to paint the Light and Void as two sides of a coin, having something called Void Elves be definitively evil after we have an elf using the void to try and explain that it isn't feels incredibly off.

But what do I know? I've tried to make these points for hours.
    You're assuming that Void Elves are tied to Alleria, though.

I'm saying they aren't tied to her at all. They're an entirely different group, not playable, not Alleria, who are called VoidElf in the files because that's exactly what they are.

Elves exposed to the Void. In this case, by the Old Gods, for evil.

Considering the ONLY Void Elf we have right now is listed under the model AlleriaVoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Orc dogs are bent over exactly how they should be, the filthy animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the way I see it is that Nightborne seem to bear a striking resemblance to Night Elves while also having some very blantant Highborne qualities. They essentially seem like they could be implemented as a partway between Nelf and Belf, leaning more towards Nelf.

I feel like if they added Void Elf, they could try to tackle it from the opposite direction... Make High Elves with some night elf flavor to them.
    I mean Blizz could use an updated version of the in-game model that has more than three animations and a real face.

Now THAT is interesting to me.

Considering we can more or less explain away Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei without too much effort. *waits to be pounced on for saying that*

The other two are bizarre, don't fit the Sub-Races pattern, and knowing that COULD very well be very early stage new races.

Not that it'd help with the Elf Fatigue thing, but hey I'd take entirely unique elves over copypasta'd elves.
    That's it, I just can't justify Nightborne being a subrace when they are more distinct from our current elves than blood elves ever were from night elves before they became playable.
    As for the highmountain and lightforged, my only possible idea is that they'll have unique animations different from those of the Draenei and Tauren we currently have. Same could happen for dark irons/wildhammers, brown orcs, etc if we get more "subraces" that share the "parent race's" model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thanks for proving that new races dont sell boxes

- - - Updated - - -

WoW:LPoKasI?
    Yes!! Greeat acronym. Better than MoP.

I mean Blizz could use an updated version of the in-game model that has more than three animations and a real face.
    Yep, that's sort of what I mean. Plus if the data indicates ANYTHING, it'd be that if it means something it's really early on and likely to be very different upon release.

Also think my edit may have been swallowed by the fast paced thread. I was saying my Heroic Dire Maul theory would imply we were going there to STOP them from making a new Well, not that they would succeed... As Khadgar said, we will have to deal with those who will seek the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Steehl View Post
    Races CAN sell boxes, they just have to be attractive to do so. Goblin, Worgen, and Pandaren aren't exactly "pretty" races, so they didn't appeal to the masses. I remember when BC launched and literally half of my guild made new Blood Elf characters for mains (before the time of race changes) because they looked so much better than any of the other races for Horde.

You can bet that if Nightfallen (or to a lesser extent, Ethereals) become playable races, people will flock to them. I know I certainly would.
    I can see the point about goblin and pandaren, but you would think worgen would be more popular since they're werewolves.

I'm actually kind of curious to see if their popularity goes up with their model updates. They could be so cool, but their models just feel too clunky (males) or just downright horrifying (female).

I still just want playable naga. I'm prepared to be disappointed, though, since if they don't become playable in a South Seas expansion, I'm pretty sure they won't be playable at all. And that's a crying shame.

That said, if these subraces are a thing, my tauren druid and hunter will probably become HMT. I don't think my only two blood elf characters could become nightborne, though. I don't see them being able to be paladins or demon hunters.