10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They kind of need to establish why the nightborne/lightforged/highmountain are even joining a faction in the first place, much less why they'd be jumping straight into a war they have no stake in. They'd also have to establish just what the fuck a void elf is.
    I mean its what I said or no new zones at all. They cant add 15 new zones for all the subraces.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You're assuming that Void Elves are tied to Alleria, though.

I'm saying they aren't tied to her at all. They're an entirely different group, not playable, not Alleria, who are called VoidElf in the files because that's exactly what they are.

Elves exposed to the Void. In this case, by the Old Gods, for evil.

Considering the ONLY Void Elf we have right now is listed under the model AlleriaVoid.
    But you've created this entire scenario yourself. None of this has any place in fact. I'm basing *my* assumptions on clues that we have. A. A High Elf with strong ties to the Void. B. untextured male and female models for VoidElf, and C. Void Elves listed under playable races in datamining, with some flags for and some against.

That's enough for me to connect Alleria to them, and to acknowledge that the narrative of the Void in her character arc, as the only "Void Elf" we have currently, is that the Void can be used for good.

To spin it as a completely unrelated force kind of derails it in favor of pure speculation.

I have a question for you: If you had to think of a purpose for Alleria's narrative and her attaining a "Void Form", what would you think it is, at least in terms of upcoming content? Do you have any speculation on that topic?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That's it, I just can't justify Nightborne being a subrace when they are more distinct from our current elves than blood elves ever were from night elves before they became playable.
    As for the highmountain and lightforged, my only possible idea is that they'll have unique animations different from those of the Draenei and Tauren we currently have. Same could happen for dark irons/wildhammers, brown orcs, etc if we get more "subraces" that share the "parent race's" model.
    I mean I'll be honest I'm still unconvinced Highmountain and Lightforged mean anything.

It's kinda not been mentioned, but copy/paste and hasty data editing so they don't end up showing up in character select DOES exist. And would probably explain the fact that they have some things matching a race and other things not.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am going to share an idea with you lot here.
    I believe, that voidelf is not a literal designation. It is an internal codename for Ethereals.
    To add to this, the gear that got leaked a couple days ago (the Sword and Shield, and the Off-Hand) has a colour scheme that matches (for the most part) the Ethereals' new models, a prime example being Locus Walker: This is naught but a theory, BUT, a possibility nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    But you've created this entire scenario yourself. None of this has any place in fact. I'm basing *my* assumptions on clues that we have. A. A High Elf with strong ties to the Void. B. untextured male and female models for VoidElf, and C. Void Elves listed under playable races in datamining, with some flags for and some against.

That's enough for me to connect Alleria to them, and to acknowledge that the narrative of the Void in her character arc, as the only "Void Elf" we have currently, is that the Void can be used for good.

To spin it as a completely unrelated force kind of derails it in favor of pure speculation.

I have a question for you: If you had to think of a purpose for Alleria's narrative and her attaining a "Void Form", what would you think it is, at least in terms of upcoming content? Do you have any speculation on that topic?
    Both our things are entirely self-created.

Literally all we have is a database entry that says Void Elf and three items that people debate if it looks more Nightborne or Night Elven, tinted that dark purple/black of the void.

Void Elf doesn't point to Alleria at all, nothing about it points to anything definitive and we won't know for sure until Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I mean its what I said or no new zones at all. They cant add 15 new zones for all the subraces.
    Would they really need new zones for like Dark Iron dwarf of Mag'har orc though? They're already part of their factions and could easily just start in the normal start zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I'M finally caught up. Only took me 2 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Would they really need new zones for like Dark Iron dwarf of Mag'har orc though? They're already part of their factions and could easily just start in the normal start zone.
    Do Dark irons really start in Coldridge though? Maghar maybe..

Both our things are entirely self-created.

Literally all we have is a database entry that says Void Elf and three items that people debate if it looks more Nightborne or Night Elven, tinted that dark purple/black of the void.
    Mine are not entirely. Mine are based on existing files and an existing narrative. (Or are you going to tell me the narrative of Alleria's arc and the audio drama is not that the Light and the Void are the same kind of force, both good and evil in different hands?) You've based yours on a potential narrative for an expansion we know nothing about.

The only speculation in my scenario is where I think all of this might be going, but it wasn't relative to my last post.

Their queen is in Ironforge now, so why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exloar View Post
    I am going to share an idea with you lot here.
    I believe, that voidelf is not a literal designation. It is an internal codename for Ethereals.
    To add to this, the gear that got leaked a couple days ago (the Sword and Shield, and the Off-Hand) has a colour scheme that matches (for the most part) the Ethereals' new models, a prime example being Locus Walker: This is naught but a theory, BUT, a possibility nonetheless.
    Ill be pissed if alliance get Ethereals and Horde doesn't. It also makes no sense that they would choose just 1 faction. They are a perfect fit for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I'M finally caught up. Only took me 2 hours.

https://openclipart.org/image/2400px/svg_to_png/279929/exhausted_computer_user.png[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the present. Did you enjoy this thread's slow descent into insanity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Their queen is in Ironforge now, so why not?
    IDK, I guess. Still would be at least 4 or 5 zones for the potential sub races though. Thats a lot of work. Why the race started joined the faction could be explained in the narrator talking while camera pans around zone thing anyways. If they did the 1 zone thing like I said.

Ill be pissed if alliance get Ethereals and Horde doesn't. It also makes no sense that they would choose just 1 faction. They are a perfect fit for both.
    Unfortunatelly Blizzard reportedly didn't like Pandaren being Neutral, because Ethereals are primed and ready for a Neutral Race spot.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Uhhhh. Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous as you go.

Where were we ever introduced to a playable race BEFORE they became playable? Maybe Goblins... At a stretch.

All other races came WITH the expansion they were thematically tied to.

Locus Walker directly guided Alleria down this path. Why would he allow any old moron to be infused with Void? Why would ANYONE?

One piece of dialogue aboard the Vindicar is not evidence of a continuing story. Sooooo many stories have been left by the wayside by Blizzard. Where are Genn and Sylvanas for example? Their story is dead in the water. Nowhere to be seen. It's happened a thousand times before.
    Well... Blood/High Elves kind of existed prior to BC, but if I recall correctly it was primarily High Elves, oddly enough.

Worgen of course existed, but only the ones in WotLK were anything but feral, but that has to count for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the present. Did you enjoy this thread's slow descent into insanity?
    I did, but im soo tired. Ive been reading posts for thousands of years. Time on mmochampion is chaotic just like in the Nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Mine are not entirely. Mine are based on existing files and an existing narrative. (Or are you going to tell me the narrative of Alleria's arc and the audio drama is not that the Light and the Void are the same kind of force, both good and evil in different hands?) You've based yours on a potential narrative for an expansion we know nothing about.

The only speculation in my scenario is where I think all of this might be going, but it wasn't relative to my last post.
    I mean I can disarm your assumptions and have in two threads now.

Unless Blizz asspulls some "time flows differently in the void" AND totally retcons Locus-Walkers motivations with Alleria, Void Elves cannot be playable. There is NO way that Locus-Walker would take on new apprentices AND train them in the span of time that the Argus Campaign takes place.

And Alleria only knows how to turn on a void form. And only learned that by eating an entire Void Naaru. There's nothing that indicates a new race here. Heck, her powers to me are more a new class than race, too.

Unfortunatelly Blizzard reportedly didn't like Pandaren being Neutral, because Ethereals are primed and ready for a Neutral Race spot.
    If Ethereals were added and couldn't be neutral then they should be Horde because Horde needs something to compete with draenei spaceships.

If this sub-race thing with Void Elves and Nightborne becomes a thing, it means that the factions are going to have three matching silhouettes between the factions. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think not liking it is a good enough reason to not do it again tbh. If it makes the most sense I think they will do it again.

Races that can go faction specific. Ogres + more

Races that MUST be neutral. Naga, Ethereal. I could potentially see an expansion where both of these are added and both are cool enough to not make too many people angry, but Ill still be salty if I cant play both on my faction of choice.

- - - Updated - - -

If Ethereals were added and couldn't be neutral then they should be Horde because Horde needs something to compete with draenei spaceships.
    Lore wise Ethereals make most sense being neutral. Lore wise Naga could go either way, but fan outcry would be immense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction. Ghostcrawler felt that way.

Ghostcrawler is no longer with Blizzard.

Plus it's been what, 4 years since MoP?

I think we can throw what they said in the MoP post-mortem out the window after this long.