Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

As a player who has been playing since day 2 of Vanilla, I wouldn't.

The most legitimate thing about "legacy" content is that server communities are more meaningful. That is not something you can bring back with a legacy server because the demographic of the player has changed greatly as well, and the same demographic group that play the game now have different expectation than the same group 10 years ago.
    Aside from that it's mostly just nostalgia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    wow, ive logged into retail wow for the first time on a trail account for the first time since a month after legions launch, every single server population is listen as low with only 4 servers listed as medium population, there is no one high populated server anywhere on eu,if that isnt a sign this game is failing then i do not know what is.
    Its a Sunday night (or very early Monday morning for you EU people). That's not uncommon for any MMO to be "dead" during those hours.

As for the OP, I would play on them occasionally. I remember those days clearly and though raiding was a whole other ballgame back then, the grind to get ready for raiding or even to get to 60 was a bitch. Casters had to drink after ever 3-4 pulls unless they were a lock that already had lifetap/drain. Hunters had to upgrade their bullets/arrows every so often after hitting different levels & had to refill their ammo pack or quiver) and had 1 less bag space than everyone else because they had to use one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    wow, ive logged into retail wow for the first time on a trail account for the first time since a month after legions launch, every single server population is listen as low with only 4 servers listed as medium population, there is no one high populated server anywhere on eu,if that isnt a sign this game is failing then i do not know what is.
    Not sure if you know this but they increased the servers "capacity" during legion, all of servers suddenly dropped by population "rank" due to increase size.
    So medium -> low ect ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Hmm fair enough. Still, you should ask the OP to ask an admin to update with a poll, because this is going to get closed realllllly fast (since another thread with largely the same name already exists)
    Who cares? Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Not sure if you know this but they increase the servers "capacity" during legion, all of servers suddenly dropped by population "rank" due to increase size.
    So medium -> low ect ect
    He knows perfectly well.

And he knows that it's 5 AM or really early in a lot of EU territories on a Monday when the work/school week usually starts.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-23 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He knows perfectly well.

And he knows that it's 5 AM or really early on a Monday when the work/school week usually starts.
    He can't even use 'vacation' as excuse, as they were last week for many.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He can't even use 'vacation' as excuse, as they were last week for many.
    It's this week for a lot of UK schools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Not sure if you know this but they increased the servers "capacity" during legion, all of servers suddenly dropped by population "rank" due to increase size.
    So medium -> low ect ect
    Thank you, forgot why the status couldn't be trusted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I would if I can get all the lost mog weapons from Naxx. If not I may just play around with it a tad.

Now they do a MoP server and Ill be all over that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's this week for a lot of UK schools.
    Ah, still wouldn't help much ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Hmmm... Corruption, Immolate, Curse, Siphon Life, Shadow Bolt, Drain Life (as needed, warlocks were expected to keep themselves up when possible to reduce strain on the healer), Life Tap, Rain of Fire/Hellfire (whichever was appropriate), Shadowburn, Soulfire and/or Conflag (as talented).

On top of often having (depending on the instance) to CC up to 3 mobs at once (Fear juggling 2 with Curse of Recklessnes, and Seducing a 3rd).

Yep. 2 buttons.
    I raided as a warlock through MC BWL Ony and parts of naxx.

You cast CoE or CoS whenever it would fall off, and then you just used shadow bolt/ whatever AoE you had, with life tap and bandages (cause siphon life was aff, and drain life was garbage), or one of your 3 healthstones/pots. So basically you just used shadow bolt (because of the dot cap limit you could never get to use corruption/siphon/immolate).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I would if only to get all the lost mog weapons from Naxx.
    How would you mog them? Vanilla didn't have transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'm confused how that is what you took from that post. Like its mind boggling.
    Yeah, I read it incorrectly. I addressed this. I read it as all players could not clear heroic Legion content. Totally misread the statement.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you mog them? Vanilla didn't have transmog.
    Thats assuming they allow collection of Mogs even if you cant mog it in the Vanilla server. It stands to reason they need something more than old content to drag people in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats assuming they allow collection of Mogs even if you cant mog it in the Vanilla server. It stands to reason they need something more than old content to drag people in.
    Kinda defeats the purpose of legacy servers if you add in a bunch of crap from several expansions later

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted Legacy, meaning no mogging, though. Can't have it all.

I've been playing on a fairly decently sized private server for a few weeks now, and I think I can say that "yes, I would play on a legacy server if Blizzard released one". However, I must say that playing vanilla really reminds me of how bad the game was, especially in the case of playable class/specc variations as well as how grindy it is. If the legacy server was running TBC then I'd very happily play. I've always felt TBC was more of just a pure improvement upon vanilla, "vanilla+" if you may.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People wanted Legacy, meaning no mogging, though. Can't have it all.
    Exactly.

I said this in the other thread.

"I want vanilla with modern QoL features such as transmog"

"I want vanilla with LFR/LFD"

So basically you don't want Vanilla but more a warped version of it? Make up your damn minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play it, realize how bad the game was way back when, and never touch it again.

I wish you legacy clowns would just stop, your wet dream will never happen, all you have left is faping to your vanilla CD's in a dark corner.