Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Kinda defeats the purpose of legacy servers if you add in a bunch of crap from several expansions later
    If you can only collect but not use it doesnt really add anything to the legacy server that didn't exist. All it does is provide incentive to play the legacy servers. There would be no moging in the vanilla servers themselves. If they add them they are most likely going to make some changes like nerfing the leveling process its never going to be pure vanilla.

Then again they may just make it so you have to pay for a server transfer to get the mog/mounts off the vanilla servers that would be a nasty way of sucking more money out of us.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-10-23 at 04:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People wanted Legacy, meaning no mogging, though. Can't have it all.
    the only changes I would like them to carry over are more graveyards in certain zones because corpse runs where brutal, the newly updated ui, and maybe the group finder tool to make finding groups simpler, that's basically all, leave everything else as is.

everyone starts fresh, no gold, no items, just a fresh start, with the game being almost identical to how it was in 2004-2005, that is no transmogs ect no level 1 mounts, no lfr or lfd, old talent trees back ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly.

I said this in the other thread.

"I want vanilla with modern QoL features such as transmog"

"I want vanilla with LFR/LFD"

So basically you don't want Vanilla but more a warped version of it? Make up your damn minds.
    I think most people would rather have the authentic experience. You can't expect a large group of people to agree on everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    the only changes I would like them to carry over are more graveyards in certain zones because corpse runs where brutal, the newly updated ui, and maybe the group finder tool to make finding groups simpler, that's basically all, leave everything else as is.

everyone starts fresh, no gold, no items, just a fresh start, with the game being almost identical to how it was in 2004-2005, that is no transmogs ect no level 1 mounts, no lfr or lfd, old talent trees back ect.
    So you don't want Vanilla still? More graveyards is still something that it didn't have.

Deal with the corpse runs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most people would rather have the authentic experience. You can't expect a large group of people to agree on everything though.
    But my point still stands.

I see a lot of division on the matter.

Im going to say no simply because we allready have a thread of this made yesterday and diont need ANOTHER

Do we really need yet another thread about this topic?

No, already played it, and what made it good, the friends and relationships I played with then, not the game (because the game then was terrible on almost every level compared to any point in future iterations), wouldn't be there anymore. And the idea of running around on foot for 40 very very long levels, yeeeah, that would be a very hard pass for me on that alone. MAYBE if my whole guild from back then was back and all played I would consider it because that's where my memories of the good times came from that aren't really in the game anymore. Those bonds you made with others in guild and on your server just don't exist in the same way now. So since I know the people would not be there, and the idea that the toxic player base of today would all of a sudden revert to a more civilized player base of then is just laughable at best. Without the bonds people had, Vanilla wow, and even BC would be dreadful to play again.

Plus, I've already played on a legacy server before. It's all good and fine to slam the live game for this or that and praise vanilla, or BC, or Wrath as the pinnacle of awesomeness until you want to do something or have a perk that doesn't exist then. Not so rosy when that happens losing even the smallest thing you take for granted or don't even think about not being there now. Running, by itself, on foot around Teldrassil or Elwynn Forest again and very few flight points...you don't realize just how big of a time drain the old game was. It's almost laughable when people say Legion has too much to do and there not enough time. Imagine having barely anything to do and there never being enough time to even do barely nothing.

Just thought thought of corpse runs back to any instance in Blackrock Mountain is enough to make me fall to the ground in the fetal position crying. No thank you, I'm more than happy with the live game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you don't want Vanilla still? More graveyards is still something that it didn't have.

Deal with the corpse runs.

- - - Updated - - -

But my point still stands.

I see a lot of division on the matter.
    "Make up your damn minds" doesn't really make sense, people aren't a hivemind, especially when it comes to something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... "We want legacy servers because they'd be cool. LOTS of people would play them!"

But...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    It stands to reason they need something more than old content to drag people in.
    Would you people make up your mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post

But corpse runs were part of the vanilla experience, as well was the old, and sometimes buggy UI, as well as finding people for a dungeon for a half an hour's time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would. I currently play a 1x 3.3.5 server because that's when wow was good (my opinion)

"Make up your damn minds" doesn't really make sense, people aren't a hivemind, especially when it comes to something like this.
    Didn't mean it in a hivemind sense.

Meant it more in decide what you want and stick with that version of Vanilla.

I should have worded myself better admittedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fine but that just confirms what I was saying in the other thread - people dont want Classic servers precisely as they were and if you gave them that, you'd have groups of them each complaining about X or Y or wanting Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Well fine but that just confirms what I was saying in the other thread - people dont want Classic servers precisely as they were and if you gave them that, you'd have groups of them each complaining about X or Y or wanting Z.
    So just like the live version of the game? That's not a good argument. People always act like that regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I keep believing it is just a grasp at the 'good ol' days' nostalgia.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why can't you be happy about the fact that it could bring many players who have quit?
    cause it wont and only delusionals like you cling to this belive like other sillies believing in religion. Legacy servers are a dead horse stop beating it.

Legacy servers will NEVER bring enough revenue to keep them up (you just have to look at nost to prove that)
    PAID legacy servers would be full for the first week and empty after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Ion himself has said that they're discussing legacy servers, mainly how they would implement them and how it would work. I have no reason to believe he would lie about that.
    still you wont see them go live, ever

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    No. Vanilla was NOT fun.
    so why did you even start playing WoW? Obviously you are either lying about it not being fun or lying about playing Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just like the live version of the game? That's not a good argument. People always act like that regardless.
    But the entire POINT of legacy servers is the desire for a particular version of the game. Asking for that but different is NOT wanting Legacy servers.

And speaking of poor arguments... people lobby for things on live because the live servers change. They're where updates are applied. Saying "I want 3.3 or 2.4 or whatever" is fine... but saying you loved the game during some patch... but want changes... is silly. If you love it so much, why do you want to change it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hence why I keep believing it is just a grasp at the 'good ol' days' nostalgia.
    Of course it is.

Not this shit again...

There will be no legacy servers, get it through your thick fucking skulls. Blizzard told you NO so many times... if it was a girl you would be in jail for harasement by now.

Stop creating those bullshit threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the entire POINT of legacy servers is the desire for a particular version of the game. Asking for that but different is NOT wanting Legacy servers.

And speaking of poor arguments... people lobby for things on live because the live servers change. They're where updates are applied. Saying "I want 3.3 or 2.4 or whatever" is fine... but saying you loved the game during some patch... but want changes... is silly. If you love it so much, why do you want to change it?
    I don't. Most people don't. Just because a few people do doesn't mean everyone does. Asking for a transmog system for vanilla or BC is silly. Tons of people play on private servers without nonsense like that, the game doesn't need changes to attract people. If it did, there wouldn't be as many people playing private servers as there are in the first place. I also highly doubt Blizzard would do anything like that in the first place.