The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I started listening to some of the Antorus dialogue.

Varimathras states that Sylvanas has already planted the seeds of the Alliance's downfall. That their thrones will run red with the blood of betrayal.

So add another tick to the "Faction Warfare" theme.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also, I just wanna throw this one out there.

If we're going to analyze the Liadrin-Silgryn conversation as proof of some impending new race, what does the Aethas-Khadgar converstaion mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvXYapl86A
    That they're getting high off the arcane magic powering the Vindicaar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I've wondered that myself, but it can mean something. It could mean Aethas is going to be more important to the Mage plot, which might be true if Jaina is prominent next expansion. It's also pretty much about Aethas being interesting.

However, its probably a different sort of context than Silgryn and Liadrin's conversation. They talk about their similarities. Silgryn talks about how he's never seen much of the world outside of Suramar, and asks if being in the Horde worked for Liadrin, which she says it does. He thanks her for that, and says he has a lot to ponder.

To say this doesn't have any potential significance when it comes to Nightborne being on the Horde seems silly.
    I think both have significance, honestly, but I'm not sure what Aethas' significance is.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with The Wound and 8.0, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exloar View Post
    I am going to share an idea with you lot here.
    I believe, that voidelf is not a literal designation. It is an internal codename for Ethereals.
    To add to this, the gear that got leaked a couple days ago (the Sword and Shield, and the Off-Hand) has a colour scheme that matches (for the most part) the Ethereals' new models, a prime example being Locus Walker. This is naught but a theory, BUT, a possibility nonetheless.
    This is actually a pretty interesting thought... code names are an easy way to throw everyone off the scent (and void elves are suspiciously random imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Doesn't mean anything. High ranking Blood Elf with a Nightborne apprentice? Please. As meaningless and without precedent as Liadrin and Silgryn's conversation /s
    silgryn already felt admiration previously by the blood elves
    Silgryn: "These blood elves are battle-hardened and disciplined. Their strength will be most useful."

and victorie

Victoire: "These blood elves have some formidable magic. Let us hope it is enough to counter the might of the Nightwell."

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    So does Halduron Brightwing.
    Wait, where? That's pretty good evidence

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    This is actually a pretty interesting thought... code names are an easy way to throw everyone off the scent (and void elves are suspiciously random imo)
    I had already thought of this yesterday, but only noticed the colour-scheme today. Didn't post it yesterday because I lacked anything to go off of, now I do.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Wait, where? That's pretty good evidence
    I'm not sure, I'm not finding anything. Looking up "Halduron Brightwing Nightborne apprentice" in fact brings up this thread as the third result, and the first two results are Aethas' apprentice and their quest

Also I started listening to some of the Antorus dialogue.

Varimathras states that Sylvanas has already planted the seeds of the Alliance's downfall. That their thrones will run red with the blood of betrayal.

So add another tick to the "Faction Warfare" theme.
    Might have. We don't know for sure that it is Sylvannas. The "Broken Mask" line heavily implies it, but it can just as easily be used to reference anything else. In Lore, it makes more sense for Jaina for sow those seed than Sylvannas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Nighthuntress Syrene.

I was slightly wrong as she's not his straight apprentice but he is the one who helps recruit her into the Unseen Path and it's implied they have a connection.
    As a hunter I can confirm she's nobody's apprentice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    It's funny how is stupid when it's my point of view but subjective when it's your's
    put a race from a faction to another faction is stupid

Also, I just wanna throw this one out there.

If we're going to analyze the Liadrin-Silgryn conversation as proof of some impending new race, what does the Aethas-Khadgar converstaion mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvXYapl86A
    Doesn't most of the Aethas stuff in Legion happen during mage quests? (I honestly forget) I'd say this dialogue is mostly intended for non-mages to reinforce that Aethas is accepted back. If Jaina features heavily in the next expansion as expected, Aethas will probably have a significant part of the story with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I like how most people wrote off the Aethas dialogue.

By that logic shouldn't we write off the Silgryn dialogue as just catching Alliance players up to how they feel about the Horde?

By that logic shouldn't we write off the Silgryn dialogue as just catching Alliance players up to how they feel about the Horde?
    Not everything HAS to mean something, we aren't looking at the dialogue and yelling "HORDE NIGHTBORNE CONFIRMED" we are largely humoring the possibility combined with the datamined info on the races.

It's speculation, try not to take it so seriously.

Edit - Also that conversation between Khadgar and Aethas could pbe presenting everyone with the outcome of the Mage campaign, given that the Sunreavers are once again welcome by the Kirin Tor... Since it was only shown in the mage campaign, I imagine it's to bring others up to speed and present interest.
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2017-10-23 at 05:15 AM.

Not really. The Aethas dialogue could be significant for a completely different reason. The thing is, Silgryn has no reason to be on Argus other than to talk to Liadrin. Aethas being there is less of a strange occurrence because he's such a significant Horde character by himself, both as a Blood Elf and a Mage, that I didn't really bat an eye.

Nightborne Horde exclusivity is linked to datamined information and the ingame conversation. Aethas conversation has nothing to do with datamined information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think we can reach 1500 by Blizzcon? I say yes. Lets shoot for 2000 but a good goal is 1500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nightborne Horde exclusivity is linked to datamined information and the ingame conversation. Aethas conversation has nothing to do with datamined information.
    And I'm saying the datamined information means nothing on its own right now. So why not take both equally seriously?

I mean I get everyone forgot about this in the High Elf craze, but there's this thing called The Wound. It's leaking Titan Blood.

It's heavily implied that mages like Aethas and Khadgar have an inherent draw toward this energy.

At the very least what's saying this isn't come kind of clue that OTHER powerful mages won't be immediately drawn to The Wound like a beacon? You know, folks like Jaina? Or common villain theory Azshara?

i mean, i've always said they suit horde better.

they have nothing in common with the night elves, other than being tall and purple. they don't even seem to worship elune anymore.

couple that fact with their treatment by tyrande, it's not even remotely surprising they'd want to ally with the blood elves if they ever pick a side. i still feel really doubtful it'll actually happen in the form of playable nightborne(even considering these leaks, i still need to see it to believe it), but i'd definitely expect to see it in the form of npcs.

Not writing off anything, just saying that things can be in the game for different reasons. We have data that leads us to evidence of why Silgryn might be there. We don't have any specific evidence about Aethas so all we can do is speculate. It very well might be significant but we don't have relevant game data to work with.