Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the issue is if you add phsyics based items to a mmo specially one like wow etiehr you have to make it so they dont work on other players, or watch your computer tank.
    That's a fair point, but there are ways around that. An option to disable. Partial physics, like I said, like they did for Diablo (not for mobs, world junk, etc., just chest pieces). They were talking about at least doing for Legion at the BlizzCon before it went into alpha, but, like you said, performance was a consideration and they were working on a lot of other new tech.

have you ever seen the pandaria belts that have physics and why they stopped and now only have them on a few new weapons (the 3 flails in artifacts)
    The guldan staff and horde axe have them with multiple points on their doodads, I think. Several belts also use physics-- post-mop: Strife-riddled Cinch, Demonbuckle Sash of Argus, Wild Combatant's Cord of Prowess, Phantasmal Cumberbund, Warmongering Combatant's Cord of Prowess, Primal Aspirant's Cord of Cruelty, Hexweave Belt, Rockfall Girdle, Ley-Touched Cord, Enhanced Worldscorcher Cinch (all 3 variants), Sash of Diabolic Preparation, Shadowfel Cord. Some shoulders post-mop: Fierce gladiator's silk amice, riven priesthood amice, ferocious combatant's silk amice, caretaker's budding mantle, vileweave amice, fel-infused spaulders, shoulderpads of chaotic thought, mana-flecked mantle, imbued silkweave epaulets, netherworld's march amice, hexweave mantle, moltonoma's magma mantle, lightbinder shoulderpads, mantle of swirling light, steamburst mantle, auchenai keeper mantle, windburnt pauldrons,corrupted mantle of the felseekers (4 variants). there's a couple staffs, too. (some of these are varients with different names, but I listed them all since making them way more accessible also means more people will wear them) This is just from cloth I'm able to wear. I'm sure there's tons more. I know there's some mail belts from wod and legion that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    thought you were talking about new geosets as in what their armor shapes were and such.
    Well, yes, new geosets based on new player armor. Once something is modeled and fixed to the player model, and has no issues with animation, it should have no impact on individual item slots. Sure, you may have some weird clipping issues with other slots, but that's how a lot of items currently are as well, like pauldrons clipping right through your face in certain stances/emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Wow, those are really impressive models. Makes current WoW look like a PS1 game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Wow, those are really impressive models. Makes current WoW look like a PS1 game.
    There's a big difference between a 1-frame still like that, and a game. I'm willing to bet that model wasn't rendered in <1 second, and with games you kinda need <1/30th for the entire scene, not just 1 model to be playable.

As for the question at hand: They don't have a lot of 3d chests because the VAST difference in sizes and shapes for different races. Something that looks good on a male tauren also has to look good on a female gnome, or a male dwarf with a massive beard in the way, and so on.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks nice and all, but until they make a normal chest for shamans and not a damn rope, I'll still be transmogging it to older models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    When they stop supporting people who play wow on potatoes.
    They did just that no later than in WoD.
    +

They are already adding 3D parts into the armors. Maybe look at current models sometime instead of Transmogging to T2 all the time?

It's weird that we are using armor tech that was designed for the old model system. The skin armor didn't look so bad on low res, blocky models but it sure stands out being laid on top of the new ones.

They put all that work into upgrading the models and animations just to cover it all up with colorful construction paper. For shame.

And one more thing, tabards need to be overhauled. No more of this "replace your tunic with a piece of cloth" nonsense. Probably goes a long way to explain their lack of motivation on chest armor. Tabards should sit loose on top of the armor not replace it with guild-logo tattooed skin.

if they added this armor to the game.
    what would happen to the sache across his shoulder if you changed shoulderpads, what about the badge?
    I think I would just make the sash part of the chest. The area underneath would be modeled solid and the side textured with the gold from the breastplate in case you wanted to turn off shoulders or use something like Rakeesh or Herod's monion. The shoulders can be made asymmetrical, so the badge can go with them.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post

I think this is the most creative set they've done so far.

I dont like it, personally (when its on anything that isn't a human lol)

But you can tell the artists are experimenting with new armour identity. Could turn into cooler things in the future...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Him and models like his are designed with the armor as part of the model.
    I'm talking about the Trial of Valor (?) raid set, not Odyn himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What i want is this:

Most of the time if not all, unique NPC are one model not a model with armor on it. Being cbest armor has not yet been implemented probably means it is much more difficult to do without issues.

do you have al ink for a 3d belt added in wrath?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=46071/ti...ation#comments

This among others.

Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    They did just that no later than in WoD.
    +
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom II X3 720.
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5670 or Intel HD Graphics 5000.
    RAM: 2 GB.

Thats a potato